◆ SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series

• Thread starter Jakedog23
  • 506 comments
You're disappointed? I got lapped. I really have some work to do. I like this next track though. Things will be a lot closer and one wrong trip through one of the chicanes can change the race. I will bring my A game and see what i can do. I think everyone will step up this week. Should be a fast race.

I think we need at least one practice to make sure all settings are correct is super important. I agree with Chris the time of race was never discussed I went with default which I think was innacurate but I had nothing to check on to see what time of day it should have been set too. Little things like this are very important. We need to have all of this down well ahead of race day.

I think we need at least one practice to make sure all settings are correct is super important. I agree with Chris the time of race was never discussed I went with default which I think was innacurate but I had nothing to check on to see what time of day it should have been set too. Little things like this are very important. We need to have all of this down well ahead of race day.
I don't know. Did it effect anyone else or what? It sure didn't seem to effect the kid. I know the 8C struggles a little with rear side bite. I had to snug it up a bit to keep from being to edgy coming off the hill. The rest of the cars seem to be a bit more stable. I have chased the rear end of this car since testing. Maybe you guys are right. Monza could be more suited for the car.

Let's drop this whole begging people to come back and just stay on topic about racing and having fun. I enjoy our post race discussions and hearing about people's successes and failures.

Next week is Monza. It's a fast track that will allow for drafting. If drivers can stay on each other's bumpers it will make for a very exciting 50 minutes instead of 5 minutes of shuffling for position and 45 minutes of solo driving. If I knew Bathurst was going to be as spread out as it was, I wouldn't have picked it. I was just hoping for a re-do from a few seasons ago when I spent nearly the entire race jockeying for position.

Let's drop this whole begging people to come back and just stay on topic about racing and having fun. I enjoy our post race discussions and hearing about people's successes and failures.

Next week is Monza. It's a fast track that will allow for drafting. If drivers can stay on each other's bumpers it will make for a very exciting 50 minutes instead of 5 minutes of shuffling for position and 45 minutes of solo driving. If I knew Bathurst was going to be as spread out as it was, I wouldn't have picked it. I was just hoping for a re-do from a few seasons ago when I spent nearly the entire race jockeying for position.

Begging is a little overstated it was a discussion to bring clarity to a developing issue. ANYWAYS moving forward...

We're like two pages into convincing Chris to stay. If we keep talking it's going to be about how Bambi can start hustling Paul Newman like Tom Cruise in the Color of Money.

Haha. Lets get to work on practicing for monza then. I will be on tomorrow night for some practice. I historically have struggled at monza with pace but have also had extremely excellent luck. Heck, once i was destined for 5th and then everyone ran out of fuel and the leader dc'd handing me the win. Hoping for some of that luck this week.

We're like two pages into convincing Chris to stay. If we keep talking it's going to be about how Bambi can start hustling Paul Newman like Tom Cruise in the Color of Money.

Again I think it was more about understanding the why in his reasonings. Without clarification the misunderstanding and different points of views could have ended things prematurely. Yes ultimately we did ask him to stay. But again I feel it was because things weren't adding up. We are all now a little more on the same page.

Like it was suggested earlier on. if someone at this point truly decides to throw in the towel. There really isn't much that can be said about it. I think everyone deserves some sort of forum to sort things out in. At least one time.

I understand what you're saying. Man you just don't know me. I am a good person but when it comes to racing I'm somewhat of a spoiled sport. It bothers me to loose and if it didn't I would have never pushed myself to be better. I'm a perfectionist in everything I do. Any result less than that is a disappointment to me. It's not that I'm getting beat it's I can't get my **** together after coming back. I know I'm better than how I been performing. I'm not mad at anyone but myself. I get mad and fuss up a storm just like any race driver I ever heard on a scanner. I cool down and all is good. Anyone who really knows me knows I would have never quit.

Well, race day is upon us once more. Monza should be interesting! Looking for the Ferrari's to be strong with that extra torque. Good luck racers!

Yes it should be interesting. I'm looking forward to it as well. The Ferrari is feeling good, I'll be very interested in how it fairs against the field.

Congrats to Trick on the win!!! Phisher and I both made mistakes that put the Trickster clean sailing. I knew that Ferrari would be hard to beat at Monza. We're thinking some pack racing in practice is needed. We don't really know what to expect from these cars in dirty air. High speeds and low downforce are forcing us to be on the razors edge. I was really happy with the lap times last night. I think the BOP is damn close.

I just wasn't all there tonight. Spent all Tuesday and Wednesday working in the garage on my pickup truck project. Figured I would just show up and run laps. My start was OK on RH tires. I came out on RM expecting to push my braking zones a little and I was off the track over and over again. Then I just lost focus. I was about to give up when Trick came up behind me, I tried to stay out of his way but eventually I had to deliberately swerve out of the way and lift so he could have a clean run at turn 1. After that I actually stayed with him for a number of laps (a lap down of course) but it cured the boredom of racing the last 15 minutes alone. However, I assumed he was taking it easy trying not to mess up his win...so I stayed clear of his bumper by a few car lengths to not jeapordize his win.

I just wasn't all there tonight. Spent all Tuesday and Wednesday working in the garage on my pickup truck project. Figured I would just show up and run laps. My start was OK on RH tires. I came out on RM expecting to push my braking zones a little and I was off the track over and over again. Then I just lost focus. I was about to give up when Trick came up behind me, I tried to stay out of his way but eventually I had to deliberately swerve out of the way and lift so he could have a clean run at turn 1. After that I actually stayed with him for a number of laps (a lap down of course) but it cured the boredom of racing the last 15 minutes alone. However, I assumed he was taking it easy trying not to mess up his win...so I stayed clear of his bumper by a few car lengths to not jeapordize his win.

I saw your effort to accommodate, it was appreciated. I was backing off a bit last 10 minutes as I saw that Chris wasn't gaining any ground staying right around the 10 second range. So I wanted to avoid taking any unnecessary risks by pushing the pace unnecessarily.

I was worried for a minute or two at one point where I thought you might try to fight back after I passed. It could have become a little hairy. I'm glad I helped make the last portion less dull lol. I know that feeling you had. I'm hoping for Indy we can all get together and do some group racing a bit more. It's obviously a lot more exciting when everyone has found the time to practice and prepare.

something about Monza I don't like. If I brake on time it feels early and I coast through the chicanes. If I adjust and brake a little later I end up in the sand trap. This version of the track is the worst. I prefer the modern chicanes.

Of course, Indy isn't one of my strong tracks either. I play it safe on a few turns and it really hurts my lap times compared to taking risks on that final turn before the front straight.

something about Monza I don't like. If I brake on time it feels early and I coast through the chicanes. If I adjust and brake a little later I end up in the sand trap. This version of the track is the worst. I prefer the modern chicanes.

Of course, Indy isn't one of my strong tracks either. I play it safe on a few turns and it really hurts my lap times compared to taking risks on that final turn before the front straight.

I've always liked Monza. I like that you can push hard brake late and parishly drift steer your car through the corners. I like the high speed and the excitement that comes from going fast everywhere.

Indy can be a great battle track. I've had modest success here. I do like it though it always seems to produce some exciting finishes.

Yeah, I agree. I should have picked the modern version. The curbs where way to rough for these cars. We're learning! The next couple of tracks should be good.

Oh yeah, the curbs. If I had more time, I would have made some adjustments to get my car to float over them. I recall two seasons ago I focused only on curb stability for our race at Tokyo and it paid off. I think I placed second and with a better pit strategy I could have won. But for this race I signed on at 9:25 with two partial tunes. One I messed with that could run 2:44 and one I had started messing with that could run 2:43 but was a drift monster. I went with the safer tune but still had trouble controlling it for 50 minutes.

I had the Ferrari curb safe for this race. I raised the car height considerably and found that I could ride the curbs full out with almost little to no concern. A little slip in certain spots but completely predictable. This track version is much harder with low profile cars with respect to curb tolerances. It would almost always be a loss of control if you even touched one. I was able to float over them in the 599. I liked that aspect of this race.

I had the Ferrari curb safe for this race. I raised the car height considerably and found that I could ride the curbs full out with almost little to no concern. A little slip in certain spots but completely predictable. This track version is much harder with low profile cars with respect to curb tolerances. It would almost always be a loss of control if you even touched one. I was able to float over them in the 599. I liked that aspect of this race.
It was different and a definite challenge for the chassis. I had the one bobble and it was all down hill from there. I feel good about the progress I'm making with the 8C and I think I just need to relax. I'm over driving the car a bit during the race. This week I'm going to focus on long stents, try to build my consistency back to where it was. I got my speed back but need to focus on setting a good race pace and being patient in traffic. I just haven't been in traffic enough since my return.

I know this may be a shock. We're well under the fastest lap turned at Indy last season. These cars are really hauling some ass! There may be guys getting into the 28's! With last seasons package I took the pole with a mid 30. Lol

Last edited:
Back