◆ SNAIL [GT1 Championship] Series

• Thread starter Jakedog23
  • 506 comments
I dont have pcars2 but from what ive heard it sounds like the better sim from a realism standpoint. When it comes to the game though and more importantly the community, gt sport is the place to be i think.

Gt just has me feeling so cornered. Pcars has so much more freedom. It’s all most as if GT has an arrogance to it. Kinda like “ this is what you got”. The whole deal with the credit system and all that in GT is also wearing thin with me. I wanted to compare a lot of cars and I was like “oh yeah” this is GT. I have to spend time doing all kinds of things to earn credits. Pcars I got straight into the action and was doing what was important. Working on that race car, working on technique and working on the feel. If Pcars can polish it up and do something like the livery editor. I’d say it would be a wash. It has me thinking “ what was we really waiting on for 4 years GT?” Don’t get me wrong I’m not trashing this game. I love GT In its own way. They delivered on their promise in many ways. They should be aware there is a definite threat in Pcars out there. I think it’s a good thing both will push the bar. It would be nice if AC, Pcars, and GT could all combine to make the perfect racing sim. Lol
P.S. Does GT not have support for a clutch and shifter? I’d love to be able to use heal toe technique. I went through the settings last night and I can’t find anything.

Last edited:
Wanting to join
Welcome @FREEREVN to the GT1 championship.

We are the TUNING SERIES wing of SNAIL! Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL [GT1 Championship] series:
Special note: You will have to run the Time Trial
Step 1:Learn and follow The Good Racecraft Guide and SNAIL OLR.
Step 2: Send a Friend Request to myself at @Jakedog23 on PSN
Step 3: Purchase the car you will be racing for the current season we are in.
Step 3: Match the specs for the division you are in.
Step 4: Tune your car!

Remember this is a TUNING series and have fun!

This is just a temporary welcome post. We are right now in the middle of transition to GTSport on PS4 and hope to get started in the coming weeks.
Please follow this thread as we will most likely continue on it.

I would like to rejoin.

Welcome @Kgffy to the GT1 championship (Again).

We are the TUNING SERIES wing of SNAIL! Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL [GT1 Championship] series:

I know you know the procedure and I will add you to the list of people we have.

This is just a temporary welcome post. We are right now in the middle of transition to GTSport on PS4 and hope to get started in the coming weeks.
Please follow this thread as we will most likely continue on it.

PSA!!!!

I just read this information on maintainence of severs on the homepage of GTS

0AA0A84F-1B7F-4A04-ACAC-4F0CE679C92C.jpeg

Please let me know as soon as you can what would work for you if we don’t race on Tuesdays.

@Whitey093 @lllTrick @FREEREVN @Kgffy

Ouch! Thats very inconvenient. The one day that i cant commit to is saturdays because come spring time my saturday nights will be at actual race tracks. Any other night i can make work.

Yeah didn’t think about that Saturday’s won’t work for me either starting my rookie season in asphalt street stocks next year

Yeah I'll be gone every Saturday night in 2018 racing on the dirt ovals.

That sucks to see for gt1. However I'm sure there will be a solution around it 👍

Yeah I'll be gone every Saturday night in 2018 racing on the dirt ovals.

That sucks to see for gt1. However I'm sure there will be a solution around it 👍
Ph1sh will be joining us in the wonderful world of GT1 again?

Also on a side note would Wednesday or Friday work at all? Or could we go Monday?
Shouldn’t do Thursdays just because of Sunday practice.

Ph1sh will be joining us in the wonderful world of GT1 again?

Also on a side note would Wednesday or Friday work at all? Or could we go Monday?
Shouldn’t do Thursdays just because of Sunday practice.
You betcha :) had fun in GT6 and you bet I'll be there schedule permitting. Hoping we can get some more drivers and more competition 👍

Monday's, Wednesday's, and Fridays would work

Fridays are a bit shakey for me as well due to real life racing on friday night's as well during the summer. They work fine at the moment for me.

I'm sure we will figure out a solid time and day that works for most of us. :cheers:

You betcha :) had fun in GT6 and you bet I'll be there schedule permitting. Hoping we can get some more drivers and more competition 👍

Monday's, Wednesday's, and Fridays would work

Fridays are a bit shakey for me as well due to real life racing on friday night's as well during the summer. They work fine at the moment for me.

I'm sure we will figure out a solid time and day that works for most of us. :cheers:
Well I'll add you to the list of competitors then(It's Still GTP_Ph7shr right?). You shall be Pro for sure. Haha

I'm interested in joining. My participation depends highly on what night a week it is though. I can commit to Monday nights or Friday nights. Both Wednesday and Saturday I unfortunately have to work.

I'm interested in joining. My participation depends highly on what night a week it is though. I can commit to Monday nights or Friday nights. Both Wednesday and Saturday I unfortunately have to work.

Welcome @miata13B to the GT1 championship.

Please follow this thread as we will continue on it.

Welcome @miata13B to the GT1 championship.

Please follow this thread as we will continue on it.
Tha k you Sir :-)

I will send a Friend Request when I get home tonight.

My psn is Somebodyshootme

I'm hoping the scheduling here will work out in my favor, running GT1 for a few seasons on GT6 was quite a polarizing experience to be perfectly honest but I enjoyed it at the end of the day, and got a championship from it too.

I'm hoping the scheduling here will work out in my favor, running GT1 for a few seasons on GT6 was quite a polarizing experience to be perfectly honest but I enjoyed it at the end of the day, and got a championship from it too.
Would Monday work for you?
Actually goes for the rest of you as well. It seems to work best for most

I’ll find out next Tuesday what my schedule will be looking like, gotta love uni.

Last edited:
Ok new procedure on the uploading of TT times.

1.) In arcade mode select Time Trial
2.) Select the Nurburgring GP Track @ 17:00
3.) Select the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT GT3 '16 (courtesy car)
4.)Select Racing Medium tires to run on
5.) Run the Time Trial for as you need
6.) Save your fast lap replay
7.) Upload the fast lap replay to your GTSport feed

Back