◆ SNAIL [Pack] Racing - Boost Racing - Where the excitement never ends!

What do you think PD will do to make sim racing more costly to a driver for their poor driving behavior? If there was some kind of reward for not causing damage for a given number of online racing hours? Or possibly reducing ones HP when one causes another to take damage, or even ghost. What kind of game will GT have to be to get instant suffering forced upon that driver with the forceful passing atittude? Not on a PS3. For now, lets drive like ya stoled it. And brace yourself.

lol the only pink car in the field. he was told multiple times during the race that he was dive bombing and yet he kept doing it. took me out at tsukuba
Ya, pink car, pink wheels. Bad dog, go lie down. He is new though, I was pretty brutal too when I first joined. Gonna have to learn quick or my Mother is on the next bus to his place, she'll smarten him up. Bwaaaaaaa.

I'm not a steward for SNAIL, so this is all my opinion - but If someone has overlap on me, I leave them room. If this person was behind and closing but not next to you you don't owe them anything, but if they have overlap, you should at least leave them room to not go into a wall.

That kink in the straight where the end of the pit wall is (I assume) is essentially a corner in this case. If someone had overlap on you going into a hairpin corner and you turned in on your normal line instead of a line that left room to not run the other car off the road, that would be not respecting corner rights - it's essentially the same, if you continue on your other line and force someone off the road that's not respecting their overlap, IMO.

Randomly since I'm thinking about it, the difference between a dive bomb and passing someone under brakes is:

If the driver in front has already turned in before the following driver gets overlap, and the following driver brakes really late and tries to wedge their car between the car in front and the apex.. that's a dive bomb, even if the following car could still make the corner by braking too deep, slowing down a lot more mid-corner, and having a really low exit speed for the corner. Just because you can make the corner this way without going off the track doesn't mean it's not a dive-bomb.

An example:
This happened to me on the last corner of Tsukuba - I turned in without braking on the last corner (the fast way) and was already full throttle aimed at the apex and the track-out point, following car did not have overlap on me at turn in but tried to force it's way through (carrying too much speed through the corner on a shallow line) and nearly pushed us both off the road. That's an obvious dive-bomb. What the following driver should have done is at least slow down enough to make the corner on the shallower line without hitting me, even though he didn't have overlap at the beginning of the corner I'd have left him enough room inside. However in order to do this he would have had overlap for a moment.. then lost as as I accelerated for the track-out point and he was still trying to rotate the car towards the exit down the straight. Essentially, it would have been best for him to slow down and follow me closely behind - and try to get a better exit than me if possible, rather than try to beat me throug

The exact same corner at the end of the next race, BC and I came through side by side and I left him just enough room. He had overlap on me at turn-in. I only managed to win because I had more room to accelerate to track-out. That is how to follow properly, take the fastest line you can without contact, and try to get a run on them out of the corner.

The only time you should attempt a pass in the middle of a corner, even in these slow cars, is if the ahead car 'leaves the door open' in an obvious way, or makes a mistake. If you can pass without contact, you're fine.

Again, not a steward, just my understanding.
I think it was you Conner that that happened to trying to pass me, you had my back fender, but juuuust not enough speed to make the pass before the wall. I figured you needed slowing down, that's one way to do it. I really enjoyed following you last night, learnt me a few new lines on those tracks.

OK everyone i'm sorry but I'm just starting out. NO ONE here was absolutely perfect when they first started out so why do you expect me to? I'll be trying harder to not hit anyone but for now, please cut me a bit of slack. I'm not trying to make excuses I'm just stating what I know and what some of you might not.

Last edited:
Ya, pink car, pink wheels. Bad dog, go lie down. He is new though, I was pretty brutal too when I first joined. Gonna have to learn quick or my Mother is on the next bus to his place, she'll smarten him up. Bwaaaaaaa.
no actually when you first joined we were racing on the oval in the lotus and you kept cutting me off :P

What we had last night, IMHO, was a brand new online driver, who, just like me 9 months ago, viewed an opening, any opening, as fair game. We know, by experience, that this is a much more complicated action requiring advance planning, split second decision making and lightning fast reflexes....and more importantly....absolute situational awareness of who, what, when where, and how.

This is initially taught at the beginners level as a clear cut go...no-go situation, but in reality it is a fleeting moment of opportunity....a target of opportunity, where if the decision is not made, or not made at the precise moment in time...is lost.( just like Connor's example when the attacking driver was too late...and should have tucked in behind and waited for the next opportunity.)

It comes back to the new SNAILism...."survive the corner in order to contest the next or the next"

As some of you know from my war stories I was a military aviator in a previous life. After flying for many hours you achieved a state of performance in which operation of the machine became rote/automatic. You no longer worried about its vector or velocity...you took care of that at a subconcious level...which let a new window in your mind open to see beyond now...and into what comes next. You were in front of your aircraft or race car
Planning the next, the next, and the next what if...before it became ...too late. When that happens...the ability to analyze on the fly and take action...BEFORE it is too late....to back out or continue without harm or foul....it is pure BFM ( Black fing magic).

Most of us will never attain that performance level...I certainly have not in a sim racer....but like all of us...my situational awareness is improving. That is the only point of this series...to improve your SA. In order to pass, or even to be passed cleanly, you have to know where the other guy is....should be...might be....could be.

Oh gee sorry I did not know you were there.... is a ONE TIME excuse for lower level drivers. Remember when you were in D7 or 8 and just making it around between the grass was a major victory....well now you are racing around the entire lap surrounded by up to 15 other guys, all of whom may or may not be concerned about where you finish. It has become critical to KNOW where you are vis a vis every other driver at all times. It is a VERY tall order but every week it becomes a tad more natural and then one day you will exectue that absolutely perfect pass ( the one where the guy who was passed congratulates you...) and the feeling will be sublime. Oh yeah...like winning...once you have done it...it is easier the next time.

Old Fhart ..OUT.

Edit:

Max.. if you had not been a new guy they would have been, shall we say, uglier. :lol:

This series is where I wish Icould have raced when I started out....one 20 minute race here will get you to make more driver interaction decisions than all six races on most Sunday nights.

BTW..Welcome. :gtpflag:

Last edited:
OK everyone i'm sorry but I'm just starting out. NO ONE here was absolutely perfect when they first started out so why do you expect me to? I'll be trying harder to not hit anyone but for now, please cut me a bit of slack. I'm not trying to make excuses I'm just stating what I know and what some of you might not.
Like I said, as a new guy just learning, you are expected to make mistakes, I know I made a ton of them when I started and still make them now. It's a learning curve that really never ends. Don't get discouraged by the critisizm, it was your first week. I expect to see a different Max Gamer next week though. If you can't make a pass cleanly, don't force it, there is always the next corner and the next......... If you have to hit someone to make a pass, the pass is not valid and you must give up the spot to the guy you passed. For me, the fun is racing close to 15 other cars and avoiding as much contact as possible while still being competitive. Get a wheel, you will not regret it.

Photos from Monday:

@racingchamp30 You do know that the car turn better when all 4 wheels are on the ground right?
Circuito de Madrid - Mini.jpg

@racingchamp30 Leading the snarling pack of Miatas
Circuito de Madrid - Mini_1.jpg

@Nail-27 being hounded by @RobbiefromBC
Circuito de Madrid - Mini_2.jpg

Getting some major frame tweak-age
Tsukuba Circuit.jpg

@ConnorWolf leads the snail train around T11
Tsukuba Circuit_1.jpg

A quartet of Miatas flying through the chicane
Tsukuba Circuit_2.jpg

It didn't take long for @ConnorWolf to get back on the attack, @Kgffy follows suit
Tsukuba Circuit_3.jpg

Wanna talk about close racing? @joe_diben getting squeezed down to the inside of T11, No paint scrapes!
Tsukuba Circuit_4.jpg

no actually when you first joined we were racing on the oval in the lotus and you kept cutting me off :P
Oh, was that you Bayou? My first ever online race, which I won by the way......I had no idea what I was doing, my only thought was WTF am I doing in front. I thought bangin' was racing, but the boys set me straight right quick. I hope I am now a respected member of the SNAIL community and between brain farts, I have turned into a far superior racer than when I started. It's actually more satisfying to finish a race clean. Take advantage of other racers mistakes. That gets you to the front quicker and you don't piss anyone off. Max Gamer, don't take the criticism personally. I thought you raced very clean in the last two races, but I still beat ya.:cheers:

The track picks so far in this series have been perfect for the Eunos. Another fun one tonight, I'm sure

Last edited:
A couple more mini tracks suitable for the car...I wanted to go to Le Mans and Monza but got out voted....by reality

Race Results for 10-11-2014

Madrid Mini

Qualifying results

1. BC_BOYS
  2. ConnorWolf
  3. Xrad-11
  4. blueninjacivic
  5. kgffty
  6. RacingChamp30
  7. lobbanmike
  8. VTC-16
  9. ThE_MaX_GaMeR_89
  10. Joe_DiBen
  11. nobbymcnobberson
  12. nail-27
Race 1

1. kgffty
  2. Xrad-11
  3. ConnorWolf
  4. lobbanmike
  5. BC_BOYS
  6. blueninjacivic
  7. nail-27
  8. Joe_DiBen
  9. nobbymcnobberson
  10. ThE_MaX_GaMeR_89
  11. RacingChamp30
  12. VTC-16
Race 2
  1. BC_BOYS
  2. Xrad-11
  3. kgffty
  4. ConnorWolf
  5. VTC-16
  6. nail-27
  7. blueninjacivic
  8. lobbanmike
  9. ThE_MaX_GaMeR_89
  10. nobbymcnobberson
  11. RacingChamp30
  12. Joe_DiBen
  13. TomMang_68
Tsukuba Circuit

Qualifying Results

1. ConnorWolf
  2. BC_BOYS
  3. kgffty
  4. blueninjacivic
  5. Xrad-11
  6. Joe_DiBen
  7. RacingChamp30
  8. VTC-16
  9. ThE_MaX_GaMeR_89
  10. nobbymcnobberson
  11. nail-27
  12. lobbanmike
  13. TomMang_68
Race 1

1. BC_BOYS
  2. Xrad-11
  3. kgffty
  4. blueninjacivic
  5. ThE_MaX_GaMeR_89
  6. ConnorWolf
  7. lobbanmike
  8. Joe_DiBen
  9. nobbymcnobberson
  10. nail-27
  11. RacingChamp30
  12. VTC-16
  13. TomMang_68
Race 2

1. ConnorWolf
  2. BC_BOYS-60
  3. Xrad-11
  4. kgffty
  5. RacingChamp30
  6. VTC-16
  7. Joe_DiBen
  8. lobbanmike
  9. nail-27
  10. nobbymcnobberson
  11. ThE_MaX_GaMeR_89
  12. TomMang_68
  13. blueninjacivic
Overall Points

1. BC_BOYS - 60
  2. Xrad-11 - 59
  3. kgffty - 57
  4. ConnorWolf - 55
  5. lobbanmike - 41
  6. blueninjacivic - 38
  7. nail-27 - 36
  8. VTC-16 - 33
  9. Joe_DiBen - 33
  10. ThE_MaX_GaMeR_89 - 33
  11. RacingChamp30 - 30
  12. nobbymcnobberson - 30
  13. TomMang_68 - 13
Congratulations to @RobbiefromBC for the overall win!

Last edited:
The pits are sweaty and the thumbs are hurtin'... Yep, another night of crazy action throughout the whole field! Pics are coming tomorrow

Stay tuned

Brands 80's Indy or go and which silverstone or perhaps was intentionally vague?
Those are the names...Silverstone has about 5 layouts...GT6 uses Stowe which is for lowest level cars and shifter carts, National which is used for non international events, and the GP which could also be called Silverstone International for GT CARS AND F1.

Brands Hatch means full course in the current layout with tighter turns, or the 80s version which is faster.

We'll keep finding non snail courses just for the sake of variety.

But I plan to revisit Sierra again soon....that was the most fun so far.

Absolutely great racing tonight gents....as the kids say...AWESOME.

That was a super fun night. Me and Joe were nailed... Yuk...to Nail all night. That was the first night I really felt competitive racing with you guys. I only farged up once or twice. It's nice to know I'm not the oldest one racing here, I hope I'm that good when I'm old. Lol. They only improvement to be made is more racers, it would be nice to have a full 16. I try and plug the series when I can on the main page. Why do I always see the same names on the podium? Boy, it's sure fun to watch the leaders from 4th place, same guys bumper to bumper fighting the whole way. Awesome, I watch the replays from their cars. Wow. Now I know. Again, another excellent track selection. Thanks guys, can't wait till next week.

Pics Are Here!

@RobbiefromBC leading the pack
Silverstone National Circuit.jpg
4 wide!
Silverstone National Circuit_1.jpg
@ConnorWolf, @RobbiefromBC, @Xradkins... Seems to be a re-occurring theme up front...
Silverstone National Circuit_2.jpg
Sweeper full 'o miatas!
Silverstone National Circuit_3.jpg
@RobbiefromBC snags the pole again by a considerable margin
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s.jpg
...But then throws it away exiting Stirlings Bend
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_1.jpg
Curb hopping was a common sight last night!
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_2.jpg
Some great racing a little further back!
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_3.jpg
Uh... @Nail-27?
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_4.jpg
Nail... Where are you going?
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_5.jpg
The track's the other way!
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_6.jpg
Unscheduled pit stop for @Nail-27
Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit '80s_7.jpg

Back