◆ SNAIL [Pack] Racing - Boost Racing - Where the excitement never ends!

I'm going to pull out of the series, I really want to do two events each week, but the two late nights in a row are killing me come Tuesday morning! I'm going to give the Wed night Race Car Series a try, closer to mid-week and they finish no later than 11 est.
I'd like to thank Ned, Mike and Joe for putting together a fun night of racing and I will miss it!
:cheers:
Steve
Gonna miss you here Steve, now I have to find someone else to smash into all night. Any takers?
Better get to the barn, the sheep are bleating for your love. Make sure your rubber boots are on.

Gonna miss you here Steve, now I have to find someone else to smash into all night. Any takers?
Better get to the barn, the sheep are bleating for your love. Make sure your rubber boots are on.
ill take you up on that offer but you gotta catch me first :mischievous::P;)

It's going to be tough to get that kind of lap... Gotta be perfect in the first corner. You using first or second gear?

It's going to be tough to get that kind of lap... Gotta be perfect in the first corner. You using first or second gear?
Yeah 1st is too short if you carry enough speed. T1 is really easy to loose like half a second even if you don't make any major mistakes because there is nooo power if you slow down too much.

Definitely much closer tonight :) but madrid was a little too tight on space IMO

[edit]

One thing I'd like to add is if you are going to leave space for someone make sure it's enough, don't make them think they have a gap if you're going to close it under braking, the best way to do this is to pick a line and stick to it before a braking zone, if you're going to move over do it in advance enough so that following drivers can know to brake earlier to compensate for the accordion affect. [You can brake at the same instant but not at the same place, or your cars will end up inside each other. Just because you are closing on someone under braking does not mean you have out-braked them.]

Also, if you're driving next to someone please use your mirrors so you don't put them in a wall. (like the bottleneck after T1 at madrid, where it's easy to not leave the outside car enough room to get through without bumping) I saw a few people forcing other drivers off the track by not leaving room for them on the inside or outside tonight. (basically driving like there was nobody there) At Tsukuba by driving all the way inside until they were on the rumble strip even though there was a car inside of them, and T1 at madrid where drivers would be forced to nearly stop to let a car next to them by because they left less than a car width between them and the inside wall.

The outside car there will almost always come out ahead so don't be afraid to leave room for someone inside.

Also, I'm sorry to everyone if I put my car where you don't want it to be, but if I didn't I'd never pass you. ;) I try to leave room every time. If I don't think there's room - I don't go for it.

Last edited:
Pictures incoming! [edit] Everything I have is from Tsukuba.

Starting grid of Race1 at Tsukuba
uu2h6LL.jpg

The battle is on
jFEgTFb.jpg

Fun using the chicane!
A0qyH6M.jpg

Lots of close racing
EfEcjIA.jpg

K6awQMX.jpg

Race 2, battle for 1st
RHUBebn.jpg

The final turn, on the limit!
MpHzHfT.jpg

Photo finish! :)
gfA0jvV.jpg

Last edited:
Definitely much closer tonight :) but madrid was a little too tight on space IMO

[edit]

One thing I'd like to add is if you are going to leave space for someone make sure it's enough, don't make them think they have a gap if you're going to close it under braking, the best way to do this is to pick a line and stick to it before a braking zone, if you're going to move over do it in advance enough so that following drivers can know to brake earlier to compensate for the accordion affect. [You can brake at the same instant but not at the same place, or your cars will end up inside each other. Just because you are closing on someone under braking does not mean you have out-braked them.]

Also, if you're driving next to someone please use your mirrors so you don't put them in a wall. (like the bottleneck after T1 at madrid, where it's easy to not leave the outside car enough room to get through without bumping) I saw a few people forcing other drivers off the track by not leaving room for them on the inside or outside tonight. (basically driving like there was nobody there) At Tsukuba by driving all the way inside until they were on the rumble strip even though there was a car inside of them, and T1 at madrid where drivers would be forced to nearly stop to let a car next to them by because they left less than a car width between them and the inside wall.

The outside car there will almost always come out ahead so don't be afraid to leave room for someone inside.

Also, I'm sorry to everyone if I put my car where you don't want it to be, but if I didn't I'd never pass you. ;) I try to leave room every time. If I don't think there's room - I don't go for it.
In one of the Madrid races, on the back straight, the wall juts out a bit on the left side. I carried exactly the same line all the way up the strait. Someone trying to pass on the left did not have the speed to get past the wall. I kept my line, I did not move an inch, he had to back off quick to avoid a wreck. Question is, should I have pulled over to the right and give up my line, or am in the right to hold my line. I could have been a nice guy and maybe give up the spot by moving over, but, gentlemanly or not, it's still racin'.

There are a couple of guys on here that believe dive bombing is an acceptable practice. I got taken out twice last night by the same guy in the same corner. Good thing for the boost or I would have been really pissed.
It was sure fun running up close to the front. Awesome to watch the back and forth of these upper crust drivers.
I like this car, but how many Mazdas are there to choose from? The track selection was perfect this week, like they were made for this car.
Can't wait for next Monday.

There are a couple of guys on here that believe dive bombing is an acceptable practice. I got taken out twice last night by the same guy in the same corner. Good thing for the boost or I would have been really pissed.
It was sure fun running up close to the front. Awesome to watch the back and forth of these upper crust drivers.
I like this car, but how many Mazdas are there to choose from? The track selection was perfect this week, like they were made for this car.
Can't wait for next Monday.
yea i got dive bombed by that same person

In one of the Madrid races, on the back straight, the wall juts out a bit on the left side. I carried exactly the same line all the way up the strait. Someone trying to pass on the left did not have the speed to get past the wall. I kept my line, I did not move an inch, he had to back off quick to avoid a wreck. Question is, should I have pulled over to the right and give up my line, or am in the right to hold my line. I could have been a nice guy and maybe give up the spot by moving over, but, gentlemanly or not, it's still racin'.

I'm not a steward for SNAIL, so this is all my opinion - but If someone has overlap on me, I leave them room. If this person was behind and closing but not next to you you don't owe them anything, but if they have overlap, you should at least leave them room to not go into a wall.

That kink in the straight where the end of the pit wall is (I assume) is essentially a corner in this case. If someone had overlap on you going into a hairpin corner and you turned in on your normal line instead of a line that left room to not run the other car off the road, that would be not respecting corner rights - it's essentially the same, if you continue on your other line and force someone off the road that's not respecting their overlap, IMO.

Randomly since I'm thinking about it, the difference between a dive bomb and passing someone under brakes is:

If the driver in front has already turned in before the following driver gets overlap, and the following driver brakes really late and tries to wedge their car between the car in front and the apex.. that's a dive bomb, even if the following car could still make the corner by braking too deep, slowing down a lot more mid-corner, and having a really low exit speed for the corner. Just because you can make the corner this way without going off the track doesn't mean it's not a dive-bomb.

An example:
This happened to me on the last corner of Tsukuba - I turned in without braking on the last corner (the fast way) and was already full throttle aimed at the apex and the track-out point, following car did not have overlap on me at turn in but tried to force it's way through (carrying too much speed through the corner on a shallow line) and nearly pushed us both off the road. That's an obvious dive-bomb. What the following driver should have done is at least slow down enough to make the corner on the shallower line without hitting me, even though he didn't have overlap at the beginning of the corner I'd have left him enough room inside. However in order to do this he would have had overlap for a moment.. then lost as as I accelerated for the track-out point and he was still trying to rotate the car towards the exit down the straight. Essentially, it would have been best for him to slow down and follow me closely behind - and try to get a better exit than me if possible, rather than try to beat me throug

The exact same corner at the end of the next race, BC and I came through side by side and I left him just enough room. He had overlap on me at turn-in. I only managed to win because I had more room to accelerate to track-out. That is how to follow properly, take the fastest line you can without contact, and try to get a run on them out of the corner.

The only time you should attempt a pass in the middle of a corner, even in these slow cars, is if the ahead car 'leaves the door open' in an obvious way, or makes a mistake. If you can pass without contact, you're fine.

Again, not a steward, just my understanding.

Back