◆ SNAIL [Race Car] Series - Finished - Thanks to everyone who raced during the past 12 seasons!

Status
Not open for further replies.
14344650430_cdc96e24bd_c.jpg

Official lobby is open for business - 1472-6399-8408-2426-9743​

:( i wont be able to make it, i have o go to the hospital asap.
Hope everything is okay.

I'm taking the dogs on a long walk and shutting down the practice room since Grim will be opening the official room shortly has opened the official room.

Thanks to everyone who came out tonight. 9 in the first race and 8 in the second race. Good points night for those that raced. Next week is the final week of the season and I can tell you the points battle is VERY TIGHT. I'll post the official race report tomorrow.

In addition to the Post Race Report tomorrow, I will be announcing a significant rule change later this week to help with getting larger lobbies along with the announcement of the next season combos to be voted on. Until then, thanks for coming out!

Great racing with you guys tonight! It's amazing how close the competition in this series is. I made one 7-second mistake on the hairpin on lap 2 of the second race and that was all she wrote; you guys were gone.

The last five minutes of the first race were some of the most intense racing I've ever done in GT6. I was flat out shocked to end up third; I was surprised I edged out @Parcells2 by a hair (I think the difference was in the thousandths) after a crazy back and forth passing for what we thought would be fifth starting two laps prior. I don't think either of us were expecting to find @KTR5 or @Neovre running on fumes and (just barely!) within grasp.

I was surprised I edged out @Parcells2 by a hair (I think the difference was in the thousandths) after a crazy back and forth passing for what we thought would be fifth starting two laps prior.

It was in the thousands but I wasn’t overly surprised you eked me out as that was the third time you passed me down the main straight in the last 5-6 minutes. Fantastic racing especially race one where the back 4 of us jockeyed for position most of the race. Some awesome side by side racing with a few people throughout too, always a pleasure.

Sorry bout delaying the start of race 2, I didn’t have a clue what you guys were trying to do (still don’t know how you managed to set the field up properly although I have some idea – fastest first and based off current track position???) and with no mic it wasn’t as simple as some suggested. I use a Fanatec wheel which is what I use for typing and I also suck at that so the no mic thing is catching me off a bit.

Fast crowd!

When we have to start a new lobby between races, we have a process to set the grid for the 2nd race. It only works as long as no one crosses the start finish line as it will record a time. If that happens, we have to start the process over. No big deal as you didn't know and we got through it. That said, last night went well with no disconnects during the races.

Sorry bout delaying the start of race 2, I didn’t have a clue what you guys were trying to do (still don’t know how you managed to set the field up properly although I have some idea – fastest first and based off current track position???) and with no mic it wasn’t as simple as some suggested. I use a Fanatec wheel which is what I use for typing and I also suck at that so the no mic thing is catching me off a bit.

It was around 3:15am here at that stage and I was a little frustrated about the delays. Sorry for sounding a bit :grumpy:

Another good night of racing all the same. The whole uncertainty about the fuel situation certainly keeps things interesting right up to the end!

Things looks nicely poised going into the last round but with an impressive 3 wins and a second place out of the last 4 races to his credit it looks like the momentum is with @GrimGrnninGhost!

14344338389_d04d096942_c.jpg

This week, the series headed to the streets of Rome for its first laps on a temporary road circuit. Neovre (as expected) took the pole in a blistering time of 1:08.452 followed by Grim and Coach. The race had a number of passes throughout the race however it wasn't until the closing laps when tire and fuel management reared its ugly head once again as a number of drivers either ran out of fuel or had to dive into the pits for a splash and go. Up font, Grim, Neovre and JWalker battled it out with each assuming the lead during the various pit cycles however Grim managed to hold onto the race win with teammate turnupdaheat taking 2nd and Wardenclyffe beating out Parcells2 at the line for 3rd.

Race 2 had the field inverted as usual and Walker dominated the early laps. The rest of the field continued to battle and it also appeared that the others learned from the first race and managed the fuel and tires effectively. Grim was able to move up through the field and was able to take the win with a hard charging JWalker finishing 2nd and turnupdaheat rounding out the top 3.

This brings us to the point battle for the Season Champion as the top 3 (turnupdaheat, Grim and JWalker) are separated by 2 points going into the final week of the season. It really is anyone's championship to win and will no doubt come down to the final corner to determine the champion.

Qualification Order

1st - Neovre
2nd - GrimGrnninGhost
3rd - CoachMK21
4th - JWalker_SSR7
5th - ZMalinowski
6th - turnupdaheat
7th - Wardenclyffe
8th - Parcells2
9th – zii1993

Results from Race #1

1st - GrimGrnninGhost (34 Laps)
2nd - turnupdaheat (34 Laps)
3rd - Wardenclyffe (34 Laps)
4th - Parcells2 (34 Laps)
5th - Neovre (34 Laps)
6th - CoachMK21 (34 Laps)
7th - ZMalinowski (33 Laps)
8th - zii1993 (33 Laps)
9th - JWalker_SSR7 (33 Laps)

Results from Race #2

1st - GrimGrnninGhost (33 Laps)
2nd - JWalker_SSR7 (33 Laps)
3rd - turnupdaheat (33 Laps)
4th - ZMalinowski (33 Laps)
5th - Parcells2 (33 Laps)
6th - Wardenclyffe (33 Laps)
7th - CoachMK21 (33 Laps)
8th - zii1993 (33 Laps)

Per the rules, only the top 16 in points are guaranteed starting positions on the grid for next week’s race at Twin Ring Motegi Road Course. If you are in the top 16, and you are sure you will not make it to the race, please let us know so that alternates (in the order listed) know they can race. That said, I’m sure a couple folks will not make the race so there is a good chance alternates will be racing. Please not that this rule will be changing at the start of next season. Details to follow soon :D

14344523887_d4f8318a4f_c.jpg

14544959266_c283034200_h.jpg

Team Transatlantic Motorsport owned the streets of Rome this past week as the team captured 61 of 65 possible points to extended their lead over Empire State Motorsports going into the final race of the season. Next week will wrap up the season and the title is still up for grabs.

14551125903_da161d43cf_c.jpg

14544959896_48809cb51a_h.jpg

Entry into the season ending All Star race currently has 8 drivers qualified for the event based on last night’s results and all 8 drivers have have guaranteed spots on the grid.

Next week, the series heads to Twin Ring Motegi Road Course for the final race of the season. See you on the track!

Again sorry for not letting you know I wasent going to make it. I was planning on it and the. My grandparents just walked right into the house.

At best, I'll try to make race 2 next week (if there is space). Definitely won't make the first race. And if I make the All Star race, I know I won't make that one. Should be fine for the season 2 opener on July 23rd.

At best, I'll try to make race 2 next week (if there is space). Definitely won't make the first race. And if I make the All Star race, I know I won't make that one. Should be fine for the season 2 opener on July 23rd.
Thanks for the heads up. Will miss you on the track.

Season 2 Voting Options Preview

Voting will begin at the conclusion of next weeks races at Twin Ring Motegi.

14386371790_dfdd3820f7_b.jpg

Last edited:

Starting next season, there will be a rule change impacting who will have locked in grid positions. Although details will be posted after this weeks race, I can say that you will want to be in the top 10 in points going forward! ;)

Additionally, if you want to increase your vote count for the next season combo, you can earn 2 votes by participating in this weeks race.

This is also the last chance to qualify for the end of season All Star race! Finish on the podium in either race and your locked in!👍

Finally, the Optional Team Championships will be open to all SNAIL drivers along with all non-SNAIL drivers who competed in 4 races this past season. New Division assignments will be posted on Thursday at which time teams can officially sign up. Keep in mind that existing teams from Season 1 will need to break up and form new teams.:cheers:

Good luck everyone and hope to see you on the track

Hey GGG, sign me up for #59!
Are brake/ torque bias adjustments expected of the drivers?
Also, for records-keeping accuracy, I've been moved to D3 on Sundays.
Had a blast last week, excited for Motegi this week!

Hey GGG, sign me up for #59!
Are brake/ torque bias adjustments expected of the drivers?
Also, for records-keeping accuracy, I've been moved to D3 on Sundays.
Had a blast last week, excited for Motegi this week!
You can adjust those if you want. I have you down for 59 and I update the Divisions after each season. See you next week

@Jakedog23 & @full89metal - Please note that the Division assignments will be based on the recent Promotion/Relegation that just took place for SNAIL drivers. Those not in SNAIL will be assigned to an equivalent division provided they participated in 4 races (2 weeks) so that they can participate next season as well. Reminder to existing teams that they will need to find new team mates as they can not compete together in back to back seasons..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back