◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,817 comments
As for the nobody could catch devious or mopar. Speak for yourselves. I could catch either one of them if it was one on one. I couldn't run them down when they worked together and I couldn't run them down when they had their personal blocker working for them.

Now that I think about it I guess that's true. I remember one time when mopar was mia I was actually able to give devious a run for her money. However, keeping up with her was one thing, making a pass was quite another.

Ap, thanks for summarizing and posting the penalties. More importantly, thanks to the stewards for taking the time to review all of the complaints that were filed. I've updated the results post with the official standings.

Also, thanks for all of the drivers who filed legitimate racing complaints. It's a crucial part of keeping this a clean league. I was shocked by the amount of penalties issued in D5 this week. Hopefully the driving will be much cleaner in D5 this Sunday now that all of those drivers are now on probation (and any more penalties they receive will be doubled). If that's not an incentive to improve racecraft, I don't know what it.

Remember, poor racecraft might gain you one or two positions during a race, but it will cost you a whole lot more when all of your points are taken away. :mischievous:

would like too try this league, have been racing 4 about a year and a half, and feel im ready 4 some serious competition, hee, hee..... sounds like this would b fun

Hey HONDO121,

Glad you're interested in racing with S.N.A.I.L. 👍 We have some fun too, it's not all serious ;)

Please read the following:

We run a clean league by enforcing the S.N.A.I.L. OLR and we expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide.
Please become versed in both.

Follow These Steps:
1. I add you to the drivers list as a New S.N.A.I.L. (Done)
2. You run the Time Trial.
3. You Private Message my GTPlanet account with your time from the time trial (no Sunday racing until this is completed).
4. I assign you to the appropriate Division, to give you the best racing possible.
5. A PSN friend request will be sent from the appropriate SNAIL_Division1, 2, 3, 4 or 5 account. That is where you race on Sunday night.
6. You drive fast and clean on Sunday :)

The first post has all the rules and regulations for S.N.A.I.L. It is the first place you need to check if you have a question. If it's not answered there, feel free to post your question on the thread.

The second post has the current race lineup for Sunday and is updated weekly.

If you have a preference for car/wheel colour and racing number, post your choices in this thread.
To avoid duplication, the currently claimed combinations can be found here.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all S.N.A.I.L.s to join as many as possible.

Welcome aboard and enjoy :)

Aston at Spa

And

?????

What's the other combo. If not announced yet. Sorry. I looked but easily missed on a phone.

Got my racing rig mostly done this weekend. Still need to build a mount for the shifter and maybe make the pedals adjustable.

Includes:
MR2 seat
About $60 worth of wood, bolts, and screws
GTEYE brake spring

racerig.jpg
Looks great spooble. I'm sure it's made a huge difference in comfort and car control. Your seat looks about the same height as mine. I have my pedals at an 18 degree angle but I think 25 would be even better. You can download a level app to your phone if you need to and have a good phone.

zer05ive
This is more along the lines of what I'm thinking. Not the 1 lap qualifying part, but the splitting of the field into two 5-minute qualifying sessions (just like we did at Tsukuba a couple weeks ago when we used the motorcycle chicane).

This would give the qualifying drivers more space to spread out and would also provide a way the drivers non-qualifying drivers a chance to monitor the drivers who are in the current qualifying session. The two main things they would look for are drivers who are too close to each other and drivers who aren't keeping two wheels on the track at all times.

We've already used this method before, we may just have to use it more than originally anticipated due to this most recent of idiotic decisions by PD. Whatever we end up deciding to do, it won't involve allowing drivers to team up to improve their qualifying times.

What about the guys who will not come off of the track, or listen to directions during qualifying?

This is not 1-2 drivers, btw.

The only thing about doing more laps is that people will catch each other and/or start working with each other. If I had one lap I wouldn't take the risk of possibly getting slowed by the person I'm trying to draft but if I have a few I'll take the risk because I can go again. Also if someone wants to team up with me it gives me a chance to work with them and vice versa if there's multiple laps.

On trying to police people getting an advantage from the draft I think that will be next to impossible to do fairly. What if I'm on my hot lap and the guy ahead of me spins out or I just catch him because I'm faster and I get a draft off of him. Am I cheating if I finish the lap in his draft? The point I'm making is I think either make it 1 lap qualy or just let it be. There's no unfair advantage from having the draft because anyone can use it. It's not like you get the draft and I don't. Yea sometimes you will get out qualified by someone who's lucky but I'll bet that the results of qualifying will be pretty much the same because the faster drivers will figure out how to use it to their advantage.

Allowing drivers use each other to improve their qualifying times will add more drama than simply disallowing would cause. Sure, there might be situations when it's difficult to police fairly, but that doesn't mean we should encourage it (which is basically what we would be doing by allowing it).

Let's run one Sunday the old way, with draft, and see how it works out. We can argue about level of draft real life vs gt5 but it is there. I think it makes qualifying that much more interesting and strategic, while shaking things up a bit. If free run draft had been there since day 1 we would argue if it were to be removed.

Anything else just complicates q time and the juice might not be worth the squeeze.

Qualifying the "old way" is fine by me, as long as everyone follows the rules. Anyone who's raced in the same division as me on any Sunday night knows the level of emphasis I put on spacing out on the track during qualifying - and that was even before draft was a factor. Now that PD has given us this new "gift" to deal with, it's just that much more important to give each other space on the track.

In other words, give ample room to the driver in front of you during your out lap - don't wait till the last corner to slow down because you'll end up with someone right on your own butt. If you start your hot lap two second behind another driver and you close the gap on him and end up in his draft, that's on you for not giving him enough space. However, if you start ten seconds behind a driver, but he wrecks and you end up in his draft because of it, that on him and he needs to pull over and wait for an opening where he can continue qualifying without any cars nearby.

Bottom line is that qualifying shouldn't look any different than it is supposed to have looked all along in S.N.A.I.L. - everyone giving each other ample space on the track and drivers pulling off the track if they end up in front of another driver due to their own mistake.

What about the guys who will not come off of the track, or listen to directions during qualifying?

This is not 1-2 drivers, btw.

This would not be an issue if we allow the full ten minutes for all drivers. However, if we did split it up into two sessions we could simply disqualify those that don't listen. If drivers think it's okay to be oblivious to the rules that we have in place or not listen to what is being said in the lounge, then they should be punished.

Simply put, drivers who drive more laps than their 5-minute session allows, would need to exit the track and start at the back of the grid. If they ask "why do I have to leave, I didn't do anything wrong", just explain until they understand and don't start the race until they leave the track.

Gotta break out the wallet again? Jesus, you guys are breaking me...

It must be good if you race it that much though.

If you can afford a TV, PS3, internet, and power, and you have time to play video games, you can afford $5.

zeromisfit999
hasn't change much, seems a little bit more lenient about throttle control, but nothing major that I've noticed.

Agreed. A bit better but when I switched back to the paddles I gained 5 Seconds at Spa with the Aston:)

Okay, we've worked out a format and ballast rules for the Tuesday series. It starts next Tuesday, so if you are interested, please go to the thread and sign up.

We have three teams assembled and another six drivers looking to form up teams. We have tuners looking to provide tunes for teams. PM people (all listed in the second post of the thread) and make some teams.

Okay, we've worked out a format and ballast rules for the Tuesday series. It starts next Tuesday, so if you are interested, please go to the thread and sign up.

We have three teams assembled and another six drivers looking to form up teams. We have tuners looking to provide tunes for teams. PM people (all listed in the second post of the thread) and make some teams.

Yes! The ballast system should make for a lot of close racing and hopefully, a close championship chase.

Last night was a blast, despite my poor driving. Found myself battling for position almost every race 👍

Very enjoyable :)

Last night was a blast, despite my poor driving. Found myself battling for position almost every race 👍

Very enjoyable :)

Me too! D4 driver's don't let this season pass you by.:) This is gonna be a competitive season for all.

Back