1.03 available for download now

• Thread starter Obsidian-2
  • 221 comments
Just curios guys, does anyone have a Thrustmaster T300RS Alcantara wheel that actually works in GT Sport.?

I've been over this a few times. However, does the gear shift plug into the wheel or into the PS4?

I dropped $89.00 USD on this game and dont have the extras I paid for, nor can I drive a single lap with my one year old Thrustmaster wheel. WTF? Rip off?

Starting to think the T300 Alcantara variant will be a forgotten piece of hardware.
In which case, I'm selling my copy of GTS............cheap.

Oh god now I don’t know how to setup my T300 haha I’m much slower than before the patch but my wheel is not overheating now. It’s crazy how DS4 players are seconds quicker than many wheel users.

Just curios guys, does anyone have a Thrustmaster T300RS Alcantara wheel that actually works in GT Sport.?

I've been over this a few times. However, does the gear shift plug into the wheel or into the PS4?

I dropped $89.00 USD on this game and dont have the extras I paid for, nor can I drive a single lap with my one year old Thrustmaster wheel. WTF? Rip off?

Starting to think the T300 Alcantara variant will be a forgotten piece of hardware.

Check and make sure your base is in PS4 mode. I have a T300RS and the Alcantera Wheel add on attached and have not had any issues that your saying. I did however go to thrustmasters website and download the Alcantera wheel manual and verify what buttons were what and used that as a guide to assign the button mapping I wanted. (I.E. The flash button is for Flashing Hi/low beams for passing). The Th8R shifter plugs in via a phone plug like cable into the front bottom edge of the base. The shifter should have came with two different cables one like that for the base and another thats USB. Both should work now.

Oh god now I don’t know how to setup my T300 haha I’m much slower than before the patch but my wheel is not overheating now. It’s crazy how DS4 players are seconds quicker than many wheel users.

I had the same issue today. I ended up jacking the Torque setting from 2 to like a 6 as the new 2 setting was way to weak for me.

Try installing the new v27 T300 drivers. Apparently they're to add support for different rims, perhaps it'll work with GTS.

Try installing the new v27 T300 drivers. Apparently they're to add support for different rims, perhaps it'll work with GTS.

They added support for Rims that aren't out yet. Like the Sparco rims and theres apparently a new Formula rim on the way too.

Ugh, I’m not a fan of whatever changes were made to DS4 controller control. Had my car setup smooth as silk and now it’s like a completely new beast even though the tune settings are the same.

Making fixes is good, but I’m hoping I don’t have to relearn how to drive after every patch update!

The 599 Alcantara rim works perfectly with GT Sport as well as all other PS3, PS4 and PC titles, there's nothing wrong with GT Sport detecting the 599 rim. I've been using it as my main rim for about a year.

Replay bug been reported? None of the replays settings/icons show up in replay, can't even exit out of it or enter photo mode.

For photomode users, it seems that the watermark has been changed, from GT logo on lower left, to legal notice on lower right.

Check and make sure your base is in PS4 mode. I have a T300RS and the Alcantera Wheel add on attached and have not had any issues that your saying. I did however go to thrustmasters website and download the Alcantera wheel manual and verify what buttons were what and used that as a guide to assign the button mapping I wanted. (I.E. The flash button is for Flashing Hi/low beams for passing). The Th8R shifter plugs in via a phone plug like cable into the front bottom edge of the base. The shifter should have came with two different cables one like that for the base and another thats USB. Both should work now.

I had the same issue today. I ended up jacking the Torque setting from 2 to like a 6 as the new 2 setting was way to weak for me.

I seems ok with 5. I just find the feedback much different so I’ll need some time to adapt to it

Doesn't anybody notice that even with the update for the controller you still get that difficult angle control ( when oversteering ) of the car when it is drifting ?
I used to have over 70 drift tuned cars in GT5 & about 10s of drift tuned cars in GT6 which it was still possible to control the drift angle - with & without tuning.
I don't know if that is how GTSport physics behave but it feels over exaggerated ... also ( off-topic ) there is something missing in the tuning setting menu - the Center Gravity tuning by adding weight & changing it's position ( i think it is called weight ballast ) just like in GT5 & GT6, because that tuning is essential for track & drift setups to control on how the weight shifting effects the car behaviour when understeering or oversteering depending on the tires & the way you drive the car on the corners.
One thing also to mention - haven't anybody noticed something weird with the Reverse Gear when attempting to do reverse sliding tricks where the throttle input acts like you have TCS Traction Control System activated EVEN when your TCS is actually off ?
I can't even do 4WD tricks which i used to do before in GT5 & GT6 T_T
Adding also that the tuning menu explanation is less understood when it comes on how the suspension setups effects oversteer & understeer because they used to explain it better in GT5 & GT6 since i need to understand the setting effect to understeer & oversteer for preparing the best setup.
I miss those times on drift lobbies in GT5 & GT6 like the 2 videos below :(

Last edited:
Anyone having issues with the PS4 updating process? My PS4 would download the small 1.03 update quickly but then it would take ~5 minutes to "Copy" the file. Installing updates used to be instant with no "copying" involved.

I preordered the Limited edition at Gamestop, I didn’t know I was supposed to get a safety car pack? Or what did that come with? I can’t find any info on it.

The 599 Alcantara rim works perfectly with GT Sport as well as all other PS3, PS4 and PC titles, there's nothing wrong with GT Sport detecting the 599 rim. I've been using it as my main rim for about a year.
Yes agree, Ive been using the same setup. Just remembering what each button is can be a pain for me. :)
Loving the 599XX wheel!

Anyone having issues with the PS4 updating process? My PS4 would download the small 1.03 update quickly but then it would take ~5 minutes to "Copy" the file. Installing updates used to be instant with no "copying" involved.
It was mentioned before - that the copy process - is because the small update file was extracted by the system which made the data size bigger.
Then the system starts to copy that larger extracted file - if what i explained was correct X)

Doesn't anybody notice that even with the update for the controller you still get that difficult angle control ( when oversteering ) of the car when it is drifting ?
I used to have over 70 drift tuned cars in GT5 & about 10s of drift tuned cars in GT6 which it was still possible to control the drift angle - with & without tuning.
I don't know if that is how GTSport physics behave but it feels over exaggerated ... also ( off-topic ) there is something missing in the tuning setting menu - the Center Gravity tuning by adding weight & changing it's position ( i think it is called weight ballast ) just like in GT5 & GT6, because that tuning is essential for track & drift setups to control on how the weight shifting effects the car behaviour when understeering or oversteering depending on the tires & the way you drive the car on the corners.
One thing also to mention - haven't anybody noticed something weird with the Reverse Gear when attempting to do reverse sliding tricks where the throttle input acts like you have TCS Traction Control System activated EVEN when your TCS is actually off ?
I can't even do 4WD tricks which i used to do before in GT5 & GT6 T_T
Adding also that the tuning menu explanation is less understood when it comes on how the suspension setups effects oversteer & understeer because they used to explain it better in GT5 & GT6 since i need to understand the setting effect to understeer & oversteer for preparing the best setup.
I miss those times on drift lobbies in GT5 & GT6 like the 2 videos below :(

Basically now drifting feel horrible, thanks to PD driving lot of drifter away this time

I don't understand... What is the issue? Doesn't it work? Can't you play anymore?

Guys!
Is is just me that felt some difference on the way the FFB forces now act from the way it was before in 1.02 version??? (for me it felt way better in previous)
I feel now that most of the cars are a bit more unstable, and more difficult to drive like it was´nt before, and the weight/damping feels a bit less?? Also the maximum steering angle in some cars feels like it was altered!!
1f641.png
(I´ve a G27+Crosshair Adapter Combo as steering wheel)

I pre-ordered the Limited Edition at Gamestop and didn't redeem codes until the 22nd, and I am missing the Safety Cars, maybe more, haven't looked into it yet.

I did question this as there was no patch, so I was wondering if they told me the truth, looks like they didn't :mad:. Most of us are missing the Chrome Helmet and Dynamic Theme as well, some are missing credits.

I stand corrected. I just checked the Gamestop Limited Edition pre-order bonuses and I was not entitled to the Safety Cars. Haven't booted up in a few days, but looking over the list of what I should have gotten, I'm pretty sure that my DLC is actually OK.

What do you mean fix the safety car pack? I pre-ordered, and received the cars in the safety car pack, and they all seem to work in-game without issue. If that is not the case for you I suggest getting in contact with Playstation support.
A lot of people (with me) haven't got them. Instead, got 3 dublicates

Back