1.04 update - Physics changes - Your impressions?

Guys, remember what Kazu told in an interview before GT6 release?
GT6 will be continuously updated and upgraded every single patch, even in the physics. This because they are still trying out the new datas they got from Yokohama, KW and real-time aerodynamic.
And most of all, not just to improve GT6's game experience, but because GT6 is a live-beta testing of the future GT7 (Kaz also said this). Lot of things we have on GT6 are the basic for the next chapter, an example is the new light rendering engine, everybody of us are seeing the limit of PS3's hardware in this with a bad resolution of some shadows first of all, but hey, they made this because they need to try codes and something else on a living hardware and with this we will have good shadows and finally some good Anti-Aliashing and other things for GT7.

Granturismo 6 is not a live beta test it was released at version 1.1 hence it's a retail game. It's impossible to beta test on old hardware then just put it on new hardware without beta testing again. And if I am honest kaz chats out of his hoop I do not believe a word that guy says not 1 word if he said red its probably a lie and means blue.

I paid for a retail game and it wasn't cheap at £60 most expensive game I bought on the ps3 (don't ask what I paid for neo geo carts)

I agree that the physics are "improved" inverted commas , but this is basically a repackage Gt5 that has more game breaking bugs than Gt5, Pd has a history of giving use things in one game then taking it back out in the next.

This is the make or break of this franchise 15 years have past since Gt1 that's a whole childhood right there. I do not know anyone under 20 who plays granturismo.

Our community is getting older and were not bringing in the youth that will be death of us.

O another note there been a new ninja update correcting 4wd cars :irked: Anything else broken

Granturismo 6 is not a live beta test it was released at version 1.1 hence it's a retail game. It's impossible to beta test on old hardware then just put it on new hardware without beta testing again. And if I am honest kaz chats out of his hoop I do not believe a word that guy says not 1 word if he said red its probably a lie and means blue.

I paid for a retail game and it wasn't cheap at £60 most expensive game I bought on the ps3 (don't ask what I paid for neo geo carts)

I agree that the physics are "improved" inverted commas , but this is basically a repackage Gt5 that has more game breaking bugs than Gt5, Pd has a history of giving use things in one game then taking it back out in the next.

This is the make or break of this franchise 15 years have past since Gt1 that's a whole childhood right there. I do not know anyone under 20 who plays granturismo.

Our community is getting older and were not bringing in the youth that will be death of us.

O another note there been a new ninja update correcting 4wd cars :irked: Anything else broken

I'm 16 and I play it. But I only know a couple of others so far though, none of them are on gtplanet and I don't think any of them want to join.

And imo it is sort of a beta just one you have to pay to try it, because the things they update in gt6 like the physics (Improved AI and sounds please PD) they can carry over to gt7 which will improve the quality of both games (hopefully).

Last edited:
I'm 16 and I play it. But I only know a couple of others so far though, none of them are on gtplanet and I don't think any of them want to join.

I come from Forza and my feeling is there is more teenagers in GT.

@vasiliflame For live-beta testing I mean they are trying on this one some effects like weather and new rendering that will be brought on GT7 for PS4. It's a different hardware, but remember that GT3 was an enhanced version of GT2 from PSOne to PS2 and GT5 originally was an HD version of GT4 from PS2 to PS3, so why they can't do the same for GT7 and be it like an enhanced version of GT6 to the new hardware? Some script changes, but basics remains.

@Davoxx I don't think so, I feel that there are more teenagers in FM because of better graphics (new generation looks almost ONLY on that) and because it's a new brand, meanwhile GT, as it's older and the first of its kind, join lot of the old afetionados, that now (like me) are 10 to 15 years older, and as you shouldn't be able to play a videogame like this in a very young age, the average age of GT players should be from 25 to 30 years old (and I discard some even older players that actually want a serious simulation and plays Assetto Corsa or rFactor on the PC)...

@vasiliflame For live-beta testing I mean they are trying on this one some effects like weather and new rendering that will be brought on GT7 for PS4. It's a different hardware, but remember that GT3 was an enhanced version of GT2 from PSOne to PS2 and GT5 originally was an HD version of GT4 from PS2 to PS3, so why they can't do the same for GT7 and be it like an enhanced version of GT6 to the new hardware? Some script changes, but basics remains.

@Davoxx I don't think so, I feel that there are more teenagers in FM because of better graphics (new generation looks almost ONLY on that) and because it's a new brand, meanwhile GT, as it's older and the first of its kind, join lot of the old afetionados, that now (like me) are 10 to 15 years older, and as you shouldn't be able to play a videogame like this in a very young age, the average age of GT players should be from 25 to 30 years old (and I discard some even older players that actually want a serious simulation and plays Assetto Corsa or rFactor on the PC)...

Ok I will agree with you , as you can bring some assets from each generation granted , example standard cars, but to accept that we are beta testing I don't agree with , if we paid for a game from a store front psn or physical disc we should not be having so many things fixed especially since they have 3 years worth of data to go from. To put out a game with less features as your previous edition is totally backwards. And as a kid I played Gt first on import in black and white and completed it before UK release , bought gt2 on my 16th birthday think it was day of release, I am 31 now and really struggling with whats happening to my favourite franchise. There was a time were granturismo strived to be the best at what it did but that was a long long time ago, GT7 will be the last gran turismo game I will buy because all my faith is gone evaporated into the ether. Pd has this last opportunity to get things done right and please pd use some common sense.

We do not want Jupiter to drive around well I don't

Ok I will agree with you , as you can bring some assets from each generation granted , example standard cars, but to accept that we are beta testing I don't agree with , if we paid for a game from a store front psn or physical disc we should not be having so many things fixed especially since they have 3 years worth of data to go from. To put out a game with less features as your previous edition is totally backwards. And as a kid I played Gt first on import in black and white and completed it before UK release , bought gt2 on my 16th birthday think it was day of release, I am 31 now and really struggling with whats happening to my favourite franchise. There was a time were granturismo strived to be the best at what it did but that was a long long time ago, GT7 will be the last gran turismo game I will buy because all my faith is gone evaporated into the ether. Pd has this last opportunity to get things done right and please pd use some common sense.

We do not want Jupiter to drive around well I don't

For beta-test I don't literally mean a "beta game". It is a full game but used as base for the next chapter. So, for the next chapter, it is a beta. And tell me, why a beta shouldn't be p2p (pay 2 play)? For what I know, if you wished to play on the beta of Project C.A.R.S. and rFactor 2 you actually had to pay the game. A thing is a free open beta (like Simraceway or DotA 2, but the final game would be free as well), another is a paid closed beta (like the examples I brought).

I am sure some mentioned this, but ABS=0 feels weird now....I used to set the brake setting on some cars with F7 R4 or something when ABS=1, then when I drive ABS =0, the most I'd do is F5 R3, then in some cars(McLaren F1 road car for example on SH tire) it could be F3 R1. Usually on stickier tire and higher downforce you can bump that number up and it won't lock as easily.

I tried the car for the first time since the update and wheels won't even lock at my ABS=1 setting with ABS actually being off. I bump it up to F8 R5 and its not until I have a wheel turned I will lock the inside front.....I feel like the braking power is just weaker overall and I have to brake a lot earlier than before...

For beta-test I don't literally mean a "beta game". It is a full game but used as base for the next chapter. So, for the next chapter, it is a beta. And tell me, why a beta shouldn't be p2p (pay 2 play)? For what I know, if you wished to play on the beta of Project C.A.R.S. and rFactor 2 you actually had to pay the game. A thing is a free open beta (like Simraceway or DotA 2, but the final game would be free as well), another is a paid closed beta (like the examples I brought).
Absolutely this. Look at almost all of the ne4w games hitting on the PC. If you will have to pay for the game (IE, actually pay to play, either by buying the game or a monthly subscription) then you usually have to pay to play the beta too. Examples where given, though you don't have to pay to play rFactor2, just to play more than one car on one track with more than just you.
However, this could exactly be a beta for gt7. while specific code may not transfer over, all of the algorithms should, which honestly is the largest and hardest part of the coding job. Perhaps beta test is the wrong word. More like a test bed. They have a bunch of features they want to try. They probably knew PS4 was coming before most, being a Sony entity. But since they diudn't actually have one yet, build it out on GT6, iron out the kinks, then make it bigger and better for GT7.

Absolutely this. Look at almost all of the ne4w games hitting on the PC. If you will have to pay for the game (IE, actually pay to play, either by buying the game or a monthly subscription) then you usually have to pay to play the beta too. Examples where given, though you don't have to pay to play rFactor2, just to play more than one car on one track with more than just you.
However, this could exactly be a beta for gt7. while specific code may not transfer over, all of the algorithms should, which honestly is the largest and hardest part of the coding job. Perhaps beta test is the wrong word. More like a test bed. They have a bunch of features they want to try. They probably knew PS4 was coming before most, being a Sony entity. But since they diudn't actually have one yet, build it out on GT6, iron out the kinks, then make it bigger and better for GT7.

Right what I was trying to say.
For doing GT6 bigger and better... Mmh... So and so... I would prefer, for example, a mid-way for light rendering engine that didn't absorb so much hardware, so that the light effects themselves were a bit worst but the whole game would have better and not pop-out shadows & more stable frames... But the game is what it is, and we are enjoying playing it, so let's carry on...

Not quite accurate, there are major tell-tale signs that GT 6 is in fact a more robust package with features turned off than a completely native application. Even the reflective services from GT 4 are likely still there. Nearly every developer evolves their code base because at their core they are not that platform specific. It's why porting is so easy.

Currently GT 6 doesn't rely on any ps 3 proprietary tech like GT 5 did and any optimizations going forward will be pulling back on existing functions like we have seen on Bathurst.

As the current gen continues a slow decline, and next gen steadily increases, and boing GT won't be alone in the coming years, I'm pretty certain that nearly every future update will be in some way transferable to GT 7. For instance, we won't get new audio in GT 6, perhaps the tweet the existing system (frankly putting the exhaust note in the cockpit and bumper view would be a 100% improvement), and any new features or assets will transferable with the exception of one, the online clubs, but even that will be at least 50-70% reclaimable.

Just look at willow springs? Or any newer track. WS alone is so much better looking than any other track. They didn't even touch the Nurburgring so I bet that will get a major update for 7, but its clear the newer tracks don't just use better assets, but they are different assets.

Cars don't shine and have reflective surfaces in the dealer, but we know its there, just turned off, shadows on Bathurst's periphery are turned completely off, some tracks don't have pit crews but could easily be turned on, the LOD was pulled in significantly and is easy noticeable on Daytona's oval, sounds cut out, this isn't a bug as much as it is a safety measure to avoid overloading, AI is inconsistent at best likely due to a similar 'optimization'... Older photo mode locations are likely being prepped for GT 7, something you would assume is an easy drop it to GT 6, its clear zero effort went into career despite Kaz even agreeing GT 5 was too lean, physics, the core of the series and something that changes the entire foundation of a physics based game is clearly still being mucked around with, the list (or indicators) go on and on...

Digital foundry was spot on when they said its obvious to see when GT "turns on all the bells and whistles" how it will look next gen. Engine features we have all seen in some way in small degrees.

They will continue to use GT 6 as a bucket of sorts, like a safety build likely filled mostly with assets, while they already have a mostly filled up bucket for GT 7.

This doesn't mean GT 6 isn't worthy of a version, but its more clear now than ever before, that GT 6 is more of a step to GT 7 than any previous GT title has been, and they even admit it witch is surprising.

Also, pd didn't even market GT in the US (the largest and most vocal consumer market in the world), why? Because 7 is already well on its way and 1-2 years on on our watch is like 1-2 months on PD's.

Not only does it make perfect development sense, but it also makes perfect business sense and when those two are in alignment then it's already a reality.

If I admitted to you guys how many times I've done exactly what pd is doing and what titles, you would be shocked... And that's just me... Every franchise does it. Pd only focusing on one game doesn't follow the traditional 12-24 month dev cycles...

Guys, remember what Kazu told in an interview before GT6 release?
GT6 will be continuously updated and upgraded every single patch, even in the physics. This because they are still trying out the new datas they got from Yokohama, KW and real-time aerodynamic.
And most of all, not just to improve GT6's game experience, but because GT6 is a live-beta testing of the future GT7 (Kaz also said this). Lot of things we have on GT6 are the basic for the next chapter, an example is the new light rendering engine, everybody of us are seeing the limit of PS3's hardware in this with a bad resolution of some shadows first of all, but hey, they made this because they need to try codes and something else on a living hardware and with this we will have good shadows and finally some good Anti-Aliashing and other things for GT7.
So ... I must be glad ... that I'm helping PD polish ... GT7 ... for PS4? Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay. Discovery.
Sorry for being sarcastic but that's just plain wrong.
Every single game, in who's beta I have participated so far, has detailed notes on what is changed and in what way, in order for you to try to give you as much information as possible to help you get up to speed faster and to improve yourself quicker.
I understand that driving can be very complex and one thing will work for some and won't work for others. But the thing is PD is keeping us most of the time in the dark and it is getting on our nerves because we actually care about this game.
So please ... let's focus on GT6 and not GT7.

I paid for a retail game and it wasn't cheap at £60 most expensive game I bought on the ps3
I paid £35 pre-order on Amazon, you need to shop around.

I am sure some mentioned this, but ABS=0 feels weird now....I used to set the brake setting on some cars with F7 R4 or something when ABS=1, then when I drive ABS =0, the most I'd do is F5 R3, then in some cars(McLaren F1 road car for example on SH tire) it could be F3 R1. Usually on stickier tire and higher downforce you can bump that number up and it won't lock as easily.

I tried the car for the first time since the update and wheels won't even lock at my ABS=1 setting with ABS actually being off. I bump it up to F8 R5 and its not until I have a wheel turned I will lock the inside front.....I feel like the braking power is just weaker overall and I have to brake a lot earlier than before...
Try you using comfort tyres? That should fix it. Sports tyres are not that good for feel in GT6.
Get some CS tyres on the McLaren F1. I find the brakes a lot better than before.

Last edited:
I believe something is very wrong about the new 1.04 physics … (and after the mini update with seasonals) in offline and online races etc..

G27 / ‘Ring / Gt r v spec ’09 / weight reduction(everything) only / rs tires / no aids / abs 1

Almost in every corner the car wants either to Roll....or driving on two wheels!! And the feeling I get behind the wheel is like the car has no weight at all sometimes.. (but it’s approx. 1400 kg after weight reduction)

(I will upload a vid about it)

Guys, does anyone else experience this?

I believe something is very wrong about the new 1.04 physics … (and after the mini update with seasonals) in offline and online races etc..

G27 / ‘Ring / Gt r v spec ’09 / weight reduction(everything) only / rs tires / no aids / abs 1

Almost in every corner the car wants either to Roll....or driving on two wheels!! And the feeling I get behind the wheel is like the car has no weight at all sometimes.. (but it’s approx. 1400 kg after weight reduction)

(I will upload a vid about it)

Guys, does anyone else experience this?
Put some sports tires on it and see what happens.

Is the 1.04 update a joke? After installing the update and the 4wd fix that came yesterday I noticed that 4wd cars--to be specific Lamborghini Murcielago--spins continuously. The car is impossible to drive. It continuously spins around an invisible axes that goes through the center of the car. It's like being at Disneyland in one of those silly rides. The car is somehow drivable on the original sports hard tires but as soon as I changed the tires the car becomes harder and harder to control. The better the compound of the tire, the easier the car spins. I feel like a bad joke has been played on me. I do not like 4wd cars in general and this is the only one I tested. Anyone else experienced the same? Is my game corrupt? Should I reinstall it or should I just wait for another "fix" :))

I'm not impressed with the new braking physics at all. It used to be a challenge to drive without ABS. Now, unless you have poor brake balance settings, you can mash on the brake button/pedal in and the car won't even look like locking up. What's the point of that?

The braking physics are the same. All that's changed is that there is no longer a bug where it seemed like brake balance was set to 10/10 online, in free-run and in time trials.

Now you can actually slam the brakes on (as you would IRL) without locking up at 130mph with only 30% pedal pressure in said game modes.

Because the xbox live isn't free Teenagers prefer the Playstation due to the free PSN, so they don't have to ask money to mommy to play online.
And for Forza 5 , the Xbox one is 450£ and the game around 50£ so only people who are working can afford the next gen no teenagers.

After 1.4 update I think 5/5 brake bias will auto to ABS set to 1 even if ABS is set to 0. But if you change the brake bias from the defaults, then it actually takes on the bias settings and sets ABS to 0 inside the game.

Because the xbox live isn't free Teenagers prefer the Playstation due to the free PSN, so they don't have to ask money to mommy to play online.
And for Forza 5 , the Xbox one is 450£ and the game around 50£ so only people who are working can afford the next gen no teenagers.

Implying all teenagers are filthy peasants.

Put some sports tires on it and see what happens.

👍 Thanks for your answer friend. Yes I already did that, and it’s much better with ss tires, but still.. The problem is getting bigger when the car is fitted with ..rs tires.. I get less grip(from what you expect from these tires) and car behavior I already mention..

:confused:

👍 Thanks for your answer friend. Yes I already did that, and it’s much better with ss tires, but still.. The problem is getting bigger when the car is fitted with ..rs tires.. I get less grip(from what you expect from these tires) and car behavior I already mention..
:confused:

I haven't driven anything but Comforts and Sports Hards for 99% of the game so far, but I do recall others making the same complaints. You'll have to search around a bit I guess and find out where they are talking about this. Maybe someone else in this thread has a better idea:banghead:

Implying all teenagers are filthy peasants.

Obviously, but you have to count that lot of teenagers let their parents spend 500 or more bucks for an iPhone 5S and lot of $ each day for calls and SMSs, why shouldn't they make spend to them an almost 5$ monthly subscription? There is the money crisis in the world, but the new generation it's a bit bully, so why it shouldn't be so?
Trust me, in another forum an idiot-blinded guy told that FM4 have better physic and simulation than rFactor and Simraceway which are arcadiesh comparing to Turn10 title (hypocrisy and blasfemy!!!!)... And looking around the web, it's not so far from the average Xbox (over FM specific) users, I'm sorry to say this, but it's the truth (by my point of view)...

500£ is a cheap price to pay to shut your teenager up for many-many hours. Many parents do it. ;)

Sand traps or off track areas are terrible. They might as well put an invisible wall at the edges of the track. No more off-roading at Willow Springs with my lifted Ram with super soft suspension :grumpy:

Or even using other paved areas of tracks such as Streets of Willow, Suzuka or Tsukuba.

500£ is a cheap price to pay to shut your teenager up for many-many hours. Many parents do it. ;)

Sadly it only gives them another outlet to yammer on about things we really don't care about but not talk to us about things we want/need to know. I have a 16 year old that I love dearly but sometimes I'll be happy when she's off to college, despite many times that much not once but annually.

xbox is all about children, PS3 (particularly GT) is about adults; free or not this has little effect on the culture of the 2 consoles, although I believe that there has been a slight increase in younger PS4 owners vs. XBO.

xbox is all about children, PS3 (particularly GT) is about adults; free or not this has little effect on the culture of the 2 consoles, although I believe that there has been a slight increase in younger PS4 owners vs. XBO.
That's interesting, I was finishing a couple of trophies online on NFS and I could swear it was a bunch of kids talking on the other side (to the point of getting annoying, but I needed those trophies for the Platinum).

Why do people make comments like this? What is with this whole xbox vs ps3 and GT vs Forza thing? I honestly don't get the point. Both are great gaming councils and both are great games,(I have both).

Latest Posts

Back