1.06 update coming april 7th!

• Thread starter danielc
  • 785 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
CAM00291.jpg

What? That is the most convoluted logic...You're saying that PD is lying about the feature and that it's only for race car drivers because you need to own a certain car to use it? I am honestly stunned that you're taking this as buying a car for JUST a feature in GT6. You do realize that those cars are more than just an accessory for GT6 right? They even sell about 2,000 a month in the U.S. It's actually a pretty popular car at track days too.

This feature is (or will be) fully usable for someone who owns one of those cars and lives near a track in GT6. There are people who already have a FRS/BRZ that they already track. Thus making it usable for more people than just race car drivers. The train of thought that you're following is genuinely baffling.

I never said that this feature was only for race car drivers nor have I said anything about PD lying. Further more, I never said you need to own a certain car to use it. The only thing I stated was that, based from what I have read in this thread, this update would only be usable by a small amount of people.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I experimented with the Rear Wings and here's what I'm seeing:

Wings now have customizable parts under "Custom Rear Wing" which include Wing Mounts, Wing and Winglets, all with varying shapes. They are also height and width adjustable. Not exactly a feature I know everyone cares about but for a lot of us who wanted to do more with wings, this is a most welcome update 👍

Not sure why you quoted me but I really don't like your tone. I never said that this feature was only for race car drivers nor have I said anything about PD lying. Further more, I never said you need to own a certain car to use it. The only thing I stated was that, based from what I have read in this thread, this update would only be usable by a small amount of people. I think you better take a step back and hop up off my ass my friend.

Sorry about that, I forgot to delete your quote. No offense intended.

The custom rear wing is a step in the right direction for me, but body widening kits too please so we can make our own GT3 cars, then have a width restriction in online races. Interiors, well, the all great iRacing's RUF GT3 car has a normal interior, so whatever. I want the aggressive fenders now. (maybe the option to add a GT banner to the windscreen and a number plate.

At your own leisure though PD, finish that track, and bring us some more Vision GT cars.

I'm not reading anything else, surprise me PD!
Awesome.

More rear wings(haven't looked at yet)
GPS Visualizer (No comment)
Data Logger- froze my PS3 as I loaded a lap
3D-doesn't hurt/help me but helps others.

So what?
Sorry, but you guys can't be serious to complain about the new features just because you would have prefered something else...
basic fundamentals of the game need to be correct first before adding extras IMO.
so many people seeing lag in the new game over GT5. And using the pits kills the performace of the vehicle.

The wings are a nice touch, 3DTV is meh, but it's still a feature of the game they added, along with the data logger and GPS visualizer. Now from hereon out the next updates for GT6 should be interesting.

Can't wait for, if any, undocumented features of this update to be found.

I think that is all the useless (to most) features out of the way that I can think of (hopefully for PD too). Now they can get to work on the stuff we have been asking for, and waiting for, for some time now.

Yeah I just checked the "updates" section on there website. The ones we have left are,

Community
Quick Match
B Spec
Course maker
Mobile Apps

*Mobile apps from the sounds of it pretty much has to come at the same time as, or after the community update.

At least I can add wings that are not "GT Wings" to some of my cars.

Edit:
The update log says that the TCS will not activate off-track unless you are on a sand trap.

Yeah I just checked the "updates" section on there website. The ones we have left are,

Community
Quick Match
B Spec
Course maker
Mobile Apps

*Mobile apps from the sounds of it pretty much has to come at the same time as, or after the community update.

I have a Blackberry, I don't think I will be getting those apps anytime soon anyway, but a man can dream, can't he?

some more update stuff:
Adjustments to the Open Lobby
- From the Member List, it is now possible to see the Performance Points, maximum output and weight of the cars that have joined the room.
- An "Overall Best" time is now displayed on screen while racing in Practice, Qualifying, Time Trial and Drift Trial.
- The minimum value for [Max Power Limit] and [Minimum Weight] has been changed from 10 to 1.
- The options available in the [Race Type] menu within [Room Settings] of the "Event Settings" screen have been changed.

Other improvements and adjustments
- Traction Control System (TCS) will now only be force-activated when driving off-track in sand/gravel pits.
- The strength of the "Real" option for the [Slipstream Strength] parameter within [Race Settings] when creating a room in [Open Lobby] has been weakened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back