1.06 update coming april 7th!

• Thread starter danielc
  • 785 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
The update contains the Data Logger/GPS Visualiser, two features that are applicable to only a very few at this point.
It contains 3D, which is applicable to more people but still a tiny fraction of GT6 players. 3D TVs aren't common.
And custom wings, which is cute. Woo.

Custom rear wings is cute and all, but I'm going to have to pull out the "rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic" quote again. It really does nothing to address the issues people have either with online or single player.

Maybe they're working on all the stuff where the game is really deficient, and they just haven't got around to telling us. But it would be nice if they got around to telling us, because from the last couple of updates it sure looks like they're hellbent on satisfying the 1%.

Oddly enough, this is considered a strategy in Free to Play games. Since the vast majority of your income comes from a tiny number of whales, you do what satisfies them and everyone else gets what's left over. You know, the sort of people who can afford multiple thousands of dollars for a 3D TV, and tens of thousands of dollars for a race car. I didn't think I'd see it in a retail game though.

Gran Turismo 6: The Free to Play game you paid $60 for.

some more update stuff:
Adjustments to the Open Lobby
- From the Member List, it is now possible to see the Performance Points, maximum output and weight of the cars that have joined the room.
- An "Overall Best" time is now displayed on screen while racing in Practice, Qualifying, Time Trial and Drift Trial.
- The minimum value for [Max Power Limit] and [Minimum Weight] has been changed from 10 to 1.
- The options available in the [Race Type] menu within [Room Settings] of the "Event Settings" screen have been changed.

Other improvements and adjustments
- Traction Control System (TCS) will now only be force-activated when driving off-track in sand/gravel pits.

- The strength of the "Real" option for the [Slipstream Strength] parameter within [Race Settings] when creating a room in [Open Lobby] has been weakened.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited! My body is ready!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited! My body is ready!

Lvv4m5o.gif

The full Japanese update log translated by the Google Translate and fixed a bit by myself, with a quote from Pophead:

I have released an update to " Gran Turismo 6" . The main contents are as follows .

Data logger

We have added the [ Data Logger ] to [TOOLS] area . It can read the travel data of replay , check the graph transition vehicle speed , engine speed , gear position , accelerator , and brake , the data logger is a function that can be compared .

GPS Visualizer

We have added the [ GPS Visualizer ] to [TOOLS] area . It is the ability to run the circuit actually a car equipped with be released from Toyota the "sports drive logger" , is read into the " Gran Turismo 6" in the USB memory via the GPS data was recorded , to generate the replay data in the game . You can also compare the data with added at the same time the data logger ] , to analyze .
In addition, we plan to circuit can support at this time in the Suzuka Circuit , Fuji Speedway, and Tsukuba Circuit, is gradually expand in the future.

Wing editor

We have added the [ custom rear wing ] [ custom parts > in the exterior parts . And ( there is a car that does not support some ) to stay on , wing , wing end plate can be freely combined , became a possible adjustment of the height and width of the wing .

3DTV support

We have added the [3DTV] [START]> [ Options> Display. Please enjoy it to connect to a 3D compatible TV PlayStation ® 3.

GT Academy

We have added the [GT Academy 2014 ] to [SPECIAL EVENTS] area . It will be available online from April 21, 2014. We are looking forward to your participation.

- From the Member List, it is now possible to see the Performance Points, maximum output and weight of the cars that have joined the room.
- An "Overall Best" time is now displayed on screen while racing in Practice, Qualifying, Time Trial and Drift Trial.
- The minimum value for [Max Power Limit] and [Minimum Weight] has been changed from 10 to 1.
- The options available in the [Race Type] menu within [Room Settings] of the "Event Settings" screen have been changed.

- Traction Control System (TCS) will now only be force-activated when driving off-track in sand/gravel pits.
- The strength of the "Real" option for the [Slipstream Strength] parameter within [Race Settings] when creating a room in [Open Lobby] has been weakened.
EDIT: This post is now sort of obsolete.

Last edited:
some more update stuff:
- From the Member List, it is now possible to see the Performance Points, maximum output and weight of the cars that have joined the room
this will be good, so now you can check the pp/power/weight of everyones car in the room without playing with the limits and see if it boots anyone.

I hope there are other aspects that become apparent to us as we play more.

I can't understand why fixing the pit glitch isn't a priority for online league racers as it's virtually killed the strategy aspect of any longer races.

At this stage I'm a frustrated "meh"

I hope there are other aspects that become apparent to us as we play more.

I can't understand why fixing the pit glitch isn't a priority for online league racers as it's virtually killed the strategy aspect of any longer races.

At this stage I'm a frustrated "meh"
I hear you Stu, the pit bug killed our enduro race this season :(

I just tried the data logger and boy, while there's some pretty neat stuff being displayed (gear changes, throttle input, brake input, Gs, etc.) it also isolates the engine sounds, meaning no tire squeal is present. It really shows just how much PD's sounds need work. I opened up my FT-1 best lap replay and it actually sounded a bit raspy and growly. Open up my XNR best lap however, and the artificial, vacuum drone sounds are even more prominent. Without the tire squeal, I could actually hear the horrid looping even more clearly! :crazy: Hopefully @Griffith500 and the other sound aficionados can chime in.

Decent update, but like the rest of you I'm still expecting a whole lot more. We want our core features PD!

Last edited:
I hear you Stu, the pit bug killed our enduro race this season :(
I've said it before, is so many little things they need to fix and it would improve the game 100%

Did I mention the Bathurst glitches , fix the use of the RA menu on line so we can actually adjust our bias, and FIX THE BLOODY PIT GLITCH so the race league can do what the pits are there to do......pit !!

The best two things in the update in my opinion are:

^ so is the (Real Slipstream Strength) change also implemented in racing offline and/or in the Seasonal Event's ?

Last edited:
Patch notes:

An update for Gran Turismo 6 has been released. The following is a list of the main features introduced:

Data Logger now available
[Data Logger] has been added to the [TOOLS] section in "My Home". The Data Logger analyzes the driving data stored on a Replay file and displays it in a graph, allowing users to view and compare variations in vehicle speed, acceleration points, braking points, engine rpm values and gear positions.

GPS Visualizer function introduced
[GPS Visualizer] has been added to the [TOOLS] section in "My Home". By driving a car equipped with the "Sports Drive Logger" (sold by Toyota) on a real-life circuit, the recorded GPS data can be transferred to “Gran Turismo 6” via a compatible USB storage media, and then subsequently converted into Replay file in the game. It's be possible to compare and analyze these GPS data using the [Data Logger] feature. This feature is currently available with Fuji Speedway, Tsukuba Circuit and Suzuka Circuit, with more tracks to be added later on.

Custom Rear Wing option implemented
[Custom Rear Wing] has been added to the [External Parts] menu, accessible from the [Custom Parts] options within the [Tuning & Maintenance] section in "My Home". You can choose a combination of wing mounts, wing style and side winglets. Users can also adjust the height and width of the wing to their liking. (*Please note this feature isn't compatible with certain cars.)

3DTV compatibility now added
A [3DTV] option has been added to the [Display] category within the [Options] screen in the [MENU] (accessible by pressing the START button). A 3D compatible TV is required for this feature.

- An "Overall Best" time is now displayed on screen while in Practice, Qualifying, Time Trial and Drift Trial.

- The Traction Control System (TCS) which is activated when driving off-track is now used only in sand/gravel pits.
- The strength of the "Real" option for the [Slipstream Strength] parameter within [Race Settings] when creating a room in [Open Lobby], has been weakened.

For more details on each of the above features, please refer to the online manual on gran-turismo.com.

Overall I'm pretty pleased with this update, I got a feature that I knew we were getting and was looking forward to (the data logger), a feature I've been dreaming of getting since GT4 but never thought we'd get (the ability to ACTUALLY offroad), and a feature I had never really thought of but adds a bit of extra individualism to the cars (the custom wings)

Oh, and they got all of the less important "promised features" out of the way in one update. It (hopefully) should be pretty uphill from here on out.

I just tried the data logger and boy, while there's some pretty neat stuff being displayed (gear changes, throttle input, brake input, Gs, etc.) it also isolates the engine sounds, meaning no tire squeal is present. It really shows just how much PD's sounds need work. I opened up my FT-1 best lap replay and it actually sounded a bit raspy and growly. Open up my XNR best lap however, and the artificial, vacuum drone sounds are even more prominent. Without the tire squeal, I could actually hear the horrid looping even more clearly! :crazy: Hopefully Griffith and the other sound aficionados can chime in.

Interesting to note, definitely worth taking a look into and dissecting it further.

I have a Blackberry, I don't think I will be getting those apps anytime soon anyway, but a man can dream, can't he?

Haha yeah...I don't even have a smart phone...but for me at least that's the least important remaining promised feature.

Well, at least there is one thing that this update brings with it that I am totally excited for. :D

GT Academy We have added the [GT Academy 2014 ] to [SPECIAL EVENTS] area . It will be available online from the start of the qualifying April 21, 2014 . We are looking forward to your participation everyone a lot

The absolute best thing to come out of this update, in my opinion Even though its just news, I can't wait for it to begin. 👍

Overall I'm pretty pleased with this update, I got a feature that I knew we were getting and was looking forward to (the data logger), a feature I've been dreaming of getting since GT4 but never thought we'd get (the ability to ACTUALLY offroad), and a feature I had never really thought of but adds a bit of extra individualism to the cars (the custom wings)

Oh, and they got all of the less important "promised features" out of the way in one update. It (hopefully) should be pretty uphill from here on out.
Huh?

They've removed the forced TCS when you're driving off of the track unless you go through a gravel pit or a sand trap. Maybe I should have said the ability to actually hoon about offroad.

They should let you get stuck in the gravel traps, and keep the TCS to whatever you had it set to. (in which case would just spaz out due to the sand/gravel stuck in the ABS/TCS wheel speed sensor.)

I think "actually offroad" was a strong phrase.

Well, there aren't like dedicated off roading courses (now THAT would be cool) but being able to drive off the track without any forced TCS certainly makes it a whole lot more fun and is something I've been wanting for a really long time.

Well, at least there is one thing that this update brings with it that I am totally excited for. :D

GT Academy We have added the [GT Academy 2014 ] to [SPECIAL EVENTS] area . It will be available online from the start of the qualifying April 21, 2014 . We are looking forward to your participation everyone a lot

The absolute best thing to come out of this update, in my opinion Even though its just news, I can't wait for it to begin. 👍

Yep. I can't wait to do GT Academy and then sell my disc. There's a lot of things I can buy for $10 that will be more enjoyable than GT6.

Ten cans of coke, for example.
Wait, nine cans of coke and ten sherbet sticks.
Wait, nine cans of coke, 7 sherbet sticks and a gumball.
Oh, the decisions!

That was already possible before they added the forced TCS in an update though? Plus what about the rally tracks? I'm struggling to work out how driving on the grass at tracks is an exciting change.

Overall it obviously isn't a blockbuster update but the wing editor is a very welcome surprise.

The only thing that would make me more happy with the wing customiser is if it were possible to choose each sector's colour. Options like black, aluminium, carbon fibre, body coloured or wheel coloured would be pretty awesome.

Our first peace of true customisation is here and it shows a small step in the right direction, cheers PD!

That was already possible before they added the forced TCS in an update though? Plus what about the rally tracks? I'm struggling to work out how driving on the grass at tracks is an exciting change.

No, there was always TCS on but they made it stronger in an update and then returned it to it's regular strength in the next update.

It's fun because you can drive and slide around freely without having to worry about track walls or anything. It's just silly, relaxing fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back