1,2,3,4 and finally 5!

• Thread starter Docker Al
  • 67 comments
It's hard for me to not be toxic when this is all I see when I see anything about GTSport. I had such high hopes for this game. I spent so much money on software and hardware just because this game was coming out, and I don't even play. The sim racing world isn't as fun without Gran Turismo, but at least I'm not getting rammed off of the road.

This is even worse than the people from „more-vivacious“-countries I encounter on EU servers :eek:

Your speed through that chicane was pretty slow tho, no need to brake there usually :)

Somehow that doesn't paint the full picture, he was obviously faster than you through the chicane and to do all of that seems like retribution for something prior. All that speed he had, it was obvious that simply passing you would be faster than what we just witnessed. Let's see the whole race to see if anything else happened in the laps prior.

Somehow that doesn't paint the full picture, he was obviously faster than you through the chicane and to do all of that seems like retribution for something prior. All that speed he had, it was obvious that simply passing you would be faster than what we just witnessed. Let's see the whole race to see if anything else happened in the laps prior.
I was in a lobby the other day and there was a driver, rather fast actually, that would do this to any car that came near. Didn’t matter if he was passing or being passed. Unfortunately this is how some people view racing games.

I was in a lobby the other day and there was a driver, rather fast actually, that would do this to any car that came near. Didn’t matter if he was passing or being passed. Unfortunately this is how some people view racing games.

You are definitely correct in that some players will go out of their way to crash others, I have seen folks who try to prevent others from passing them on straights performing such actions but I haven't been taken out yet by one. It's not limited to GT Sport, but it is sadly how poor sportsmen act even in a video game. GT Sport needs a better algorithm for detecting folks who crash others on purpose and then lump those folks together whenever they play regardless of their DR/SR so they can enjoy fellow knuckleheads.

I think OP connection to GT Sport may have caused said driver some pain prior. I have seen some crazy things from drivers with orange and red bars, and teleporting speed boosts to literally positions swapping among them. We need better internet worldwide so we have less of this happening to players trying to enjoy the game.

You clearly don't play on the same servers as me.
This is the norm.
Even when you allow plenty of room to pass they will try to force you off the track.
Lap after lap.
Race after race.
Night after night.
And, yes, it's very easy to be 'faster' through the chicane when you use the car in front of you as your brakes.

Well I play in Australia and, honestly, I'm not 100% sure where the servers are.
But it's like this all the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is even worse than the people from „more-vivacious“-countries I encounter on EU servers :eek:

Your speed through that chicane was pretty slow tho, no need to brake there usually :)

This country, does it name begin whith an "S" maybe? :D I went from B to D today, totaly lost it the second race in a row I was blocked and pushed. And yes I regrett giving up all that hard work just to get one back and dive through the ranks.. :banghead::D

Didnt see that at first. Understand that the person behind gets a bet upset. But maybe Docker was aout to hit the wall?

Why did you brake in the middle of the chicane? Is that life as an Aussie too?
Sometimes you have to make a correction or you hit the wall.
Unless you're an habitual corner cutter.
Curious though.
Are you saying that myself requiring a little braking justifies being smashed 5 times when my opponent could have simply gone for a clean overtake?
If not what's your point?

Yep in aus and it was same foe me last night first time i have played sport mode since getting my fanatec. First race i was setting times good enough for 5th but had only qualified 8th so was moving up only to get punted off the road multiple times by guys using me as a brake. Ended up 10th

I wish I could drive as badly as you and be in 3rd place! I wanna get on your servers :P

I’d say he was definitely in the right being where he was but no need for hitting you like that

Curious though.
Are you saying that myself requiring a little braking justifies being smashed 5 times when my opponent could have simply gone for a clean overtake?

You slowed down 20mph from an already slow speed. Maybe the guy behind thought you wanted to block him. Anyway, without knowing what happened before these 30sec there's little to say. The guy was obviously pissed and didn't need to smash you. You didn't need to brake so much either.

Last edited:
I Pit a guy once sending him to the pits . You may say I'm a piece of doo doo for doing so , until you watch the replay where the guy punted me 4 times in a row on turns and deliberately turned into me on a straight , I just Delivered karmic justice ! Best ten second penalty , totally worth it !

You clearly don't play on the same servers as me.
This is the norm.
Even when you allow plenty of room to pass they will try to force you off the track.
Lap after lap.
Race after race.
Night after night.
And, yes, it's very easy to be 'faster' through the chicane when you use the car in front of you as your brakes.
I’m an Aussie yet the same thing doesn’t seem to happen to me.... Lap after lap... race after race......night after night?
What’s your DR/SR?

Curious though.

Your problem is you aren't racing, you are religiously following the driving line, trying to hit blue markers and braking because it says "BRAKE".

Turn all that crap off, learn the track and hey presto magic will happen.

I’m an Aussie yet the same thing doesn’t seem to happen to me.... Lap after lap... race after race......night after night?
What’s your DR/SR?
Fellow Aussie here, and although I mainly race in the daytime (and also not that often) I hardly ever come across that sort of behavior as well. Twice to be precise, in 37 races, and to nowhere near the extent of the OP's video.

ahahaha you are clearly new to the forum for saying this to @zzz_pt or you made a decent joke

If i was behind you going through that chicane I probably would have thought that you were brake checking me. That is no excuse for the response but that is the point. You are driving like the AI in this video. Through that chicane specifically I usually dont brake at all. In stead try to downshift and and just lift off until you hit the right line then close your eyes, pray, and full throttle through

The chicane is the most difficult part of this circuit, some of us mere mortals have to lift off through here, or even break sometimes if it's clear we're not going to make it. The behavior in the video is unwarranted, no matter what has happened before (though I would be interested to see why the previous lap was a 2:20).

My first post.
Hope it works.
This is life as an Aussie player!

I think you may have upset this guy a little earlier on ;-) He quite clearly has issues with you.

When i race I keep a pad and pen next to me and everyone that gets "too pushy" I record their name and when I see them again, whether that race or another later on, I make sure their race gets ruined but a little more discrete than what happened to you ;-)

you gotta learn to juke people like this, my man.
if you can catch them winding up for another slam, jump on the brakes for a second and watch them ram the sidewalls. it always makes me crack a smile watching these dicks get their just desserts when i can pull it off.

Unless you're a habitual corner cutter.
Curious though.
the fact that you turned into him did not also help the fact! just saying it seems that you also smashed back and this can cause both off you to lose time.

Rocker, here are my points in reaction to the video:

His behaviour cannot be justified in any way.

But you are driving pretty bad. As stated above: you need to immediately lose that racingline since it is totally wrong and you brake because of the red gear which a lot of times is totally wrong also.

I can understand why people are annoyed by your terrible lines and braking points. Sometimes this just angers people - no justification, just explanation.

If you do not drive better yourself you cannot complain about the level you are driving in. This is just a circle: stop doing what you do and you will not encounter these situations. Win win situation.

You will see without the lines you will go faster. Just watch some replays of Dragon Trail to see what we mean.

And keep us informed how it goes !

Back