1,2,3,4 and finally 5!

• Thread starter Docker Al
  • 67 comments
Your problem is you aren't racing, you are religiously following the driving line, trying to hit blue markers and braking because it says "BRAKE".

Turn all that crap off, learn the track and hey presto magic will happen.

Yes and the traction control, that's not needed with a tiny little Peugeot. Manuel gears would help also. Also use the curbs, the game says they are track so they are track, it's as simple as that. You'd easily go faster just doing these things, then that punter at least wouldn't be able to catch you.

As already said, the full race video would be nice too, as it looks like he was out for revenge on you (not that it's acceptable) but it'll at least explain (not justify) what the hell he was doing.

It's hard for me to not be toxic when this is all I see when I see anything about GTSport. I had such high hopes for this game. I spent so much money on software and hardware just because this game was coming out, and I don't even play. The sim racing world isn't as fun without Gran Turismo, but at least I'm not getting rammed off of the road.
Lol what

There is more good racing than bad in GT Sport.

You are acting as if you are flawless and haven't touched anyone ever.

Whats ur DR SR? Show us the graph and then we can see how good you are to comment.

Lol what

There is more good racing than bad in GT Sport.

You are acting as if you are flawless and haven't touched anyone ever.

Whats ur DR SR? Show us the graph and then we can see how good you are to comment.
I never said I was so great, and that I don't cause accidents. One thing I don't do is intentionally cause them in order to get past someone. So YEAH. I can talk. And fun is what you want out of a game. If you want to be in a game of bumpercars because you're below the top 5 in a race, by all means, ENJOY! But that's pure B.S. to me! Have fun getting the crap bumped out of you, because everyone plays like they're playing solo against AI. I'll be playing with people who actually do their best not to cause an accident. I'd rather be in last place because I'm bad, rather than because I get bumped out of the way any time I climb back up into the top ten, again, and again, and a freaking gain!

I never said I was so great, and that I don't cause accidents. One thing I don't do is intentionally cause them in order to get past someone. So YEAH. I can talk. And fun is what you want out of a game. If you want to be in a game of bumpercars because you're below the top 5 in a race, by all means, ENJOY! But that's pure B.S. to me! Have fun getting the crap bumped out of you, because everyone plays like they're playing solo against AI. I'll be playing with people who actually do their best not to cause an accident. I'd rather be in last place because I'm bad, rather than because I get bumped out of the way any time I climb back up into the top ten, again, and again, and a freaking gain!
Your thinking is every race is a destruction derby which is False totally.

Get better to reach better DR SR and then comment on racing Quality.

I would like to see your videos of them great racing which you are talking about.

Again what is your DR SR ? Would like to know how you concluded to this point.

I would like to see your videos of them great racing which you are talking about.

Exactly. Move out of the lower DR categories and racing improves greatly. It's true you can still get idiots, but much less the higher you climb. I'm a BB an find the racing pretty fair and clean.

The guy's PSN is in his signature, you can check his Kudosprime stats....

I know you'd like to tell my what my thinking is so that you could win an argument, but there is no argument. This is Gran Turismo, and that's no secret.
Yeah go ahead and check them. I fluctuated between C and D rating in DR all the time, but I quit playing and only log in to check out the updates. My SR is S but that's easy. It didn't matter if I were playing with A or B rank players, they still rammed the crap out of you. So go ahead and talk all the fanboy crap you want. It doesn't change the way things work in that game. People do stuff because they know they can. In games like Project Cars 2, you're more likely to come across people who'd rather lose a place and race you to EARN IT BACK, than ram you. So keep talking your BS. Who cares.

I have to agree. I can't help but think he doesn't like people pointing out he doesn't appear to be a very good racer.

I have to agree. I can't help but think he doesn't like people pointing out he doesn't appear to be a very good racer.

I'm guessing he had Ms. Daisy in the back of the car going through the chicane. I am also going to guess that the guy that was ramming the OP probably was caught out by the rolling chicane which caused him to crash in a previous lap.

Braking at that spot is a bit odd, just let off the gas at the end of the black/white rumble and turn then go straight with the gas down.

That guy clearly had a grudge with you, like others said- they want to see the whole race content to see what lead up to this.

I'm thinking the OP shouldn't be given a hard time about where he was braking. We all started somewhere. As long as he is enjoying playing the game!! Still no need for that guy to react the way he did. I'd love to meet that guy on that track and demolish him!!

I'm thinking the OP shouldn't be given a hard time about where he was braking. We all started somewhere. As long as he is enjoying playing the game!! Still no need for that guy to react the way he did. I'd love to meet that guy on that track and demolish him!!

based on what people are saying and the way the video looks, it may be the fact that he braked that caused the riff-raff in the first place. No way to know though without more video.

based on what people are saying and the way the video looks, it may be the fact that he braked that caused the riff-raff in the first place. No way to know though without more video.

My point being that he must be just learning how to drive this sort of game and this is backed up by the lines and brake points and turn points.

My point being that he must be just learning how to drive this sort of game and this is backed up by the lines and brake points and turn points.

it would then follow that he would not know that he may be the one who caused the situation in the first place. I see what your saying, maybe people are being a bit too harsh, but if he isnt looking for constructive criticism/ advice, then what was the point of the post other than seeking sympathy (for novice driving)

While I agree we all started somewhere, if I am losing 9 tenths of a second to the car behind me entering the chicane I would be more concerned about why I am losing that time as opposed to posting the video about it online. If you are going to post video about a crappy driver, it's best to make sure you yourself are not a bad driver. The OP didn't start this thread with the intention of learning, he posted it to show a POS racer. The results of this thread would have been very different if it was "Help, I'm losing almost a second in this corner, what can I do?". A dollar to a dime says a bunch of people would have gladly offered assistance.

If the aggressor was caught out before this incident by the OP and it cost him his race, I can fully understand why he would be pissed. I am not justifying his actions as they are inexcusable, but I get it. There is almost nothing worse than chasing down the leaders and being held up in a crucial part of the track by someone parking it in the corner. We all know that section can make or brake a lap. Even if taken at full throttle, if you are off line by a hair you lose time.

While I agree we all started somewhere, if I am losing 9 tenths of a second to the car behind me entering the chicane I would be more concerned about why I am losing that time as opposed to posting the video about it online. If you are going to post video about a crappy driver, it's best to make sure you yourself are not a bad driver. The OP didn't start this thread with the intention of learning, he posted it to show a POS racer. The results of this thread would have been very different if it was "Help, I'm losing almost a second in this corner, what can I do?". A dollar to a dime says a bunch of people would have gladly offered assistance.

If the aggressor was caught out before this incident by the OP and it cost him his race, I can fully understand why he would be pissed. I am not justifying his actions as they are inexcusable, but I get it. There is almost nothing worse than chasing down the leaders and being held up in a crucial part of the track by someone parking it in the corner. We all know that section can make or brake a lap. Even if taken at full throttle, if you are off line by a hair you lose time.
I agree with this^^

the OP usually sets the tone of the thread. If you have a fragile ego, then dont start a bash thread and open yourself up for some bashing:banghead:

Wow. You guys are really reading a lot into this. How do you know he won't post it? How do you know that he's not become passive aggressive with your flaming remarks? And what if he was slow through that chicane? Does that allow you to ram him 5 times?

Wow. You guys are really reading a lot into this. How do you know he won't post it? How do you know that he's not become passive aggressive with your flaming remarks? And what if he was slow through that chicane? Does that allow you to ram him 5 times?

What posts are you reading exactly?

If the aggressor was caught out before this incident by the OP and it cost him his race, I can fully understand why he would be pissed. I am not justifying his actions as they are inexcusable, but I get it.

This forum is weird. Most of the time you guys are like "no excuse for dirty driving" but when someone posts a video of them being on the receiving end you are all like "well you must have pissed him off with poor driving" as if that would make it OK. Which is it?

How do you know he won't post it? How do you know that he's not become passive aggressive with your flaming remarks? And what if he was slow through that chicane? Does that allow you to ram him 5 times?

I dont, i never said he wouldnt post it

How do you know that he's not become passive aggressive with your flaming remarks? And what if he was slow through that chicane? Does that allow you to ram him 5 times?

could have just left the thread, or he could be busy

And what if he was slow through that chicane? Does that allow you to ram him 5 times?
This forum is weird. Most of the time you guys are like "no excuse for dirty driving" but when someone posts a video of them being on the receiving end you are all like "well you must have pissed him off with poor driving" as if that would make it OK. Which is it?

If i was behind you going through that chicane I probably would have thought that you were brake checking me. That is no excuse for the response but that is the point.
^^ nuff said

Who justified the actions of the aggressor? Be specific.

The post I read right before I made mine was by zzz_pt. The OP was under attack for his driving behaviour with the implication that he deserved what he got.

Guy that just requoted me even said "no excuse but you looked like you were brake checking". There is no 'but' in a no excuse situation.

Last edited:
Guy that just requoted me even said "no excuse but you looked like you were brake checking". There is no 'but' in a no excuse situation.
Dyslexic? Or did you intentionally flip what I said? Read the whole thread so you have context next time

An anlogy would be if the op was a video of a bear attack and then everyone responds with that's awful! What did you do to provoke the bear? Oh you walked right up to it? The bear shouldn't have done that but you shouldn't have got so close

Last edited:
Great example thread of people not being able to read properly. There was not one single person that was justifying what has happened. We only gave reasons why it could have been triggered.

Explaining. Not justifying anything.

OP did not see this comin’ which makes it an utmost entertaining thread :)

If I was behind him I would have hit him...once. Not expecting the brake in the chicane, in that car. Otherwise, the additional ramming is foolish.
Yeah, I probably would have hit him too. What I don't get is why every other hit after seems to be ok with some people?

What does the racing etiquette video teach? Doesn't seem like much. The driver ramming should be disqualified. The driver impeding, should get a penalty.

Back