1,2,3,4 and finally 5!

• Thread starter Docker Al
  • 67 comments
Interesting responses.
Quite fascinating that so many people know everything about my driving abilities based on one 49 seconds clip.
I'm also amazed there are so many people who have driven every lap of every race they've ever done absolutely perfectly, without ever needing to make a correction because they got the line wrong. Congratulations! Wish I was that good.
Also sorry to report that's the only clip I have from this race. I just hit the share button after it happened and it was set to capture the last minute only. I trimmed the first ten seconds off because it was just me on the straight by myself. The only times I save whole races is when I win.

As for the racing line I simply leave it on because on the some of the really flat sections of some circuits it's difficult to see the track. I certainly don't follow it, religiously or otherwise. I also don't use traction control (or ASM or CSA), however as you have to turn it off every time with supplied cars I sometimes forget.

Some other details. My DR is C, which is probably where I belong. I don't claim to be a great driver. I only have 16 wins from 400+ starts. As for SR? How long is a piece of string? On the night I captured this clip it went from B to E after copping numerous similar bashings. It jumps around a fair bit I'm sorry to say.

To the people that believe I deserved this I guess it's because of people like you that the online driving can be so toxic at times. But good job at identifying yourselves. I was just driving my race. I did absolutely nothing to this guy. I don't deliberately ram anyone ever.

As for other Aussies saying they never see bad behaviour and it's all sunshine and roses, well I drive at off peak times due to life reasons. I frequently drive after midnight into the early hours. Quite often I am the only Aussie flag in the lobby. It's only a theory but I think that maybe a bit of a pack mentality emerges sometimes where drivers from other countries see you as fair game. What I do know is that while I still have plenty of great racing the behaviour in the clip I posted is far too common.

Thanks to everyone for replying to my thread!
Cheers!

No excuse for the intentional ramming from the other guy.

I think the comments you have received are meant as constructive feedback - often the racing line and the BRAKE indicator are misleading. Try without (just use the blue floating corner markers) and see if your lap times improve.

The fact that you braked hard on a full-speed section of track may have meant that your opponent thought you were intentionally brake-checking him and therefore he set out for revenge

Last edited:
Hurray to docker, it would be nice to see examples of everyones driving, I completely get the comment of being the only non country in a lobby. I expect it's down to my ISP, but european rooms have a much better ping than uk rooms, so I typically drive with Germans, who have always been fair to me.
However, in another countries room where I was the only british flag, I was what I can only describe as 'set upon' lol, after the first few corners I realised what was happening and managed to dodge my way to victory, I was kicked at the end of the race - which only made my smug face more pronounced :cool:

Hurray to docker, it would be nice to see examples of everyones driving, I completely get the comment of being the only non country in a lobby. I expect it's down to my ISP, but european rooms have a much better ping than uk rooms, so I typically drive with Germans, who have always been fair to me.
However, in another countries room where I was the only british flag, I was what I can only describe as 'set upon' lol, after the first few corners I realised what was happening and managed to dodge my way to victory, I was kicked at the end of the race - which only made my smug face more pronounced :cool:
I will be very happy to post a video of one of my laps later. I think it's only fair that anyone that has been critical posts a lap to show they are qualified to critique.

I will be very happy to post a video of one of my laps later. I think it's only fair that anyone that has been critical posts a lap to show they are qualified to critique.

Meh.

I don't need to be a professional race driver to know when a lap or a corner is in the F mode. I do that to myself on my own driving every lap I turn. I'm willing to bet everyone who wants to improve their driving does the same thing, mentally saying "brake later, brake sooner, turn in earlier" etc.

The OP posted a video of a driver acting like a c&#k holster. Not one person has said the driver was justified in doing what he did. People, including myself, speculated as to why the driver acted in the manner in which they did. In no way, shape or form is that speculation giving any justification for the ramming. Anyone who thinks they wouldn't be irritated at another driver racing 20 MPH less than the average corner speed, braking hard in places that don't require hard braking or any braking, in a section of track that offers no avenue of escape, is probably lying.

I don’t mean to criticize your driving since that isn’t the point here, but it looks like you slowed down a lot more during the chicane section than you needed to, hence him catching up to you so quickly. You also left an opening for him to pass and ram you into the wall. I know blocking someone isn’t exactly sportmanslike behavior, but if this kinda of stuff is common, then you might want to be more defensive with your driving.

Not saying it’s your fault, but I feel like it could’ve been avoided.

Back