1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,431 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
WARNING: VERY LONG POST AHEAD

sweet holy hell dude, @diabolicwyvern would be proud of this post and that's saying something. Great great grabs! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one interested in old cars anymore as it seemed lately!

I have all the ones you grabbed... but in better condition (: with the exception of the Captain america, but I hope that'll change with a lot I recently grabbed that has one that I'm almost sure is better than the one I have (yet again, that's not difficult lol), that color of the Baja Bruiser is the only one that's still avoiding me... well, that and the redline Maxi Taxi (yes, I do have the green Maverick, in more or less the same condition as yours, sadly). How much for the Olds?

Also, can't believe you grabbed the 100% Chevelle for a buck. Screw you.

edit: @Cano, think should I get these @ $10 a piece?
Crummy anime, yet still itashas.

YES. I would if I had any money :lol: those Aoshimas are actually pretty good.

My new cars, no Treasure Hunts. If anyone wants to see any of the Hot Wheels up close as one or two cars in one photo you can let me know, and I even give everyone permission to save the image to their phone or computer to indicate which one(s).

Here's a couple of Joey Logano NASCAR cars. Sprint Cup Series car on the left, Nationwide Series on the right, and both are 2014.

IMG_20140728_114732.jpg

And now for the Hot Wheels. I ended up getting two Ryura LXs or whatever they're called, and I already have a potential customer. I also got two Fast Bed Haulers; two for keeps and one for a custom. A second white Porsche 993 GT2 is also pictured, same purposes as the hauler.

IMG_20140728_114804.jpg

ALL DEM LOOSE WHEELS. Customizers be drooling at such abundance of resources.

Nope. Couldn't find anything. :( You're a tough man to buy for. :P

It would seem Flea Markets here don't carry the stuff I'm particularly interested in.

Anyhow, I'm going to re-evaluate our negotiating to see what kind of changes can be made.

Last edited:
I had that Rolls from 00:32. As you can see, he sucked at installing the rear seat, mine was loose(sold it on eBay). On the soundtrack, I didn't believe in suicide until we were about two minutes into it.
That's a Honda!? :eek:
There is a reason you've never seen it or have heard of it.

I had the same reaction when I discovered it. I guess it was a total flop, because while it has that Baby Indiana Jones look to it, it was some half-assed two wheel drive. The market absolutely ignored it, justifiably so. :crazy:
Those are all really cool, but I'm kinda really drawn to the Toyota forklift for some reason.
I've liked that one for a looong time. Harry(Photonrider) has one, too.

I don't think I've seen Hot Wheels at Dollar Tree for couple of years. They did have Matchbox more recently, but they were Dodge A100s & yellow Seagraves, so it's been awhile. I still shop there, but all I see are Maistos.

@R1600Turbo All three Retro Entertainment are ones I'm at least curious about. Charger, I do plan on getting one for sure. What's the going rate online?
Not really a fan of locomotive but this Tomica model is cool.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0c/Ni****okyoBus_C20782_New-Seishungou.jpg
549d56911bd65bfedb8376fb02f57a8b.jpg

Looks like it's hot springs tourist bus.

I don't think I've seen Hot Wheels at Dollar Tree for couple of years. They did have Matchbox more recently, but they were Dodge A100s & yellow Seagraves, so it's been awhile. I still shop there, but all I see are Maistos.

@R1600Turbo All three Retro Entertainment are ones I'm at least curious about. Charger, I do plan on getting one for sure. What's the going rate online?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/0c/Ni****okyoBus_C20782_New-Seishungou.jpg
549d56911bd65bfedb8376fb02f57a8b.jpg

Looks like it's hot springs tourist bus.

Interesting..... thanks for the information. Didnt really look at the box carefully... Locomotive Type Bus Seishungo.

Last edited:

My Dollar Tree hasn't had hotwheels since I moved here, so at least 5-6 months. Now they do, I think all DT stores are getting some, so keep an eye out. When I walked in it looked like they had already been picked through but 3 pegs down, second car back I pulled out that super.

I got the Retro cars on eBay for retail + shipping. I think the 007 Aston Martin is in this release too, I want that one as well.

Damn Rakuten. Place an order, give out your payment details before confirming shipping amount. It doesn't help the emails sent to you to verify the order is written in foreign language.

You guys check out that link to low price TLVs in yesterday's post? Might interest you... :)

Damn Rakuten. Place an order, give out your payment details before confirming shipping amount. It doesn't help the emails sent to you to verify the order is written in foreign language.

You guys check out that link to low price TLVs in yesterday's post? Might interest you... :)
Foreign language to you, maybe!

:P

The very first bus I ordered was from Rakuten(seller named 'Answer', right?), and shipping amount I got in the email was crazy + they even charged me PayPal fee that I think was something like five bucks. :crazy: I still bought it, because I think the grand total came to around $55, shipped, which is cheap for TLV bus.

I will check out this link. 👍 Edit: Yup, all "answer". My bus arrived in great shape, total was still cheaper than any seller with the exception of AmiAmi, but it's too much hassle waiting for shipping charge + paypal charge. I'll buy from the seller, only if they carry something I need, but AmiAmi & Japan Booster don't carry. God, he got some nice cars though. :crazy:

I found some Kyosho gems I have never in my career seen as a diecast collector... it's just too bad they only ship via EMS.

anc-treasurehunter is the name they go by. Some other store,Individual Inc., has a great deal of Kyosho Beads, mostly common oness you can find on Dabox, but they go roughly for $18 per, higher than you'd find on the good eBay stores and DaBox, but certainly lower than the bad eBay stores that never manage to sell with their marked-up prices. It's good for seeking the stuff you can't find on eBay nor DaBox.

edit: that link for the TLVs, just saw a maroon TL 2000GT for $10. Yay/nay?

Last edited:
You are right. EMS was one of the reasons why the shipping was so high + the $5 PayPal fee. I wonder if I use Rakuten checkout system, I can avoid the PayPal fee?

Cars themselves are dirt cheap, like AmiAmi. I wish they had better checkout & cheaper shipping options.

Perhaps the paypal fee was just the seller? treasure-hunter didn't have an available paypal option when I placed an order (even though they mention it all the time). I had to do credit directly.

10-car set Kyosho Nissan Race Cars

img57914771.jpg

$63. That's $6.3 per... but probably $28 shipping with like $8 tax (oh yeah there was tax too)...

~$99 altogether, still roughly $10 per car. Not a bad price when compared to other listings of the individual vehicles, both on Rakuten and ebay.

Last edited:
Back