1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,435 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.7%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.7%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.1%

• Total voters
I am all over this like white on rice.

CFR15_rlcsneak_95831.jpg

CFR15_rlcsneak_95834.jpg

More dirty stuff brought back to life, this thing is called "Assault Crawler"; I remember when I was a kid this was the "war Combi", lol. It was way dirty.
16716188470_6f66f94f29_b.jpg

16716188660_2993a07234_b.jpg

After a good cleanup it came out pretty damn good. This thing is an oddity but I've always liked it a damn lot, it looks so old and tough:
16902600041_95d58d62b7_b.jpg

16877717266_f7f38a8cee_b.jpg

There is a tan version of this thing that's pretty freaking hard to find. I have it but it's missing the gun ):
16902599431_cb48639309_b.jpg

16715947698_4c286d530e_b.jpg

16715947538_665d2b17b3_b.jpg

16902599601_71f89206d6_b.jpg

It's a shame that this thing's tracks aren't real, it would be cool to do a custom with one and do a conversion to fully-functioning tracks.
16877716386_b569ef2b12_b.jpg

16717444619_878d2decc2_b.jpg

16696272947_dd75290ce5_b.jpg

So apparently my AmiAmi package has arrived because I just checked the tracking and it says it's in "Retention period". WTF dude. I didn't choose the fast shipping service for a reason because I didn't want to deal with the Post Office again. :grumpy:

2hAoZtM.jpg

ZuI9i0R.jpg

Some Corgi Ford Artic my Spain connection gave me. It's not 1/64 according to him. A mint one with its trailer goes for about 7 Euros and up. I could do something about the chips, or I can entirely repaint it.

============

http://saas3.startialab.com/acti_books/1045173943/12907/

Check out the 2014 Kyosho catalog. Page 40

There are brand new castings, Honda N-One and Honda Fit, set to release late March (that's now!).

Last edited:
http://saas3.startialab.com/acti_books/1045173943/12907/

Check out the 2014 Kyosho catalog. Page 40

There are brand new castings, Honda N-One and Honda Fit, set to release late March (that's now!).

You sorta botched that page bit, it's actually page 52, not page 40.

But still, dang. Not bad, a N-One. Would Kyosho do the brand new S600 kei car, I wonder? Also, dat 1/43 Century, TLV ain't the only one adding the venerable luxury car to their model ranks...

I just checked again. It's page 54. :lol:

Ar you using the app or the flash version?

I'm using the Actibook thingamajig (I just clicked on the catalogue's picture and off I went), guess it's off by 2 pages. Mainly because it's two pages of book per one full screen (if that makes any sense). Still, I wasn't that far off. :lol:

But really, some good stuff there. I know this is a 1/64 thread, but the larger cars are incredible. I mean, a 1/12 black Lamborghini Miura!? Have all of my moneys, please. :drool:

This did make me wonder if there is something akin to a Tomica catalogue, though...

Digging this, a lot. :drool: And the VW Caddy casting looks excellent too. Good stuff mate. 👍
Same two I was excited about. Thanks!
I get the feeling you've turned into the "employees that take the good stuff" kind of people that collectors love to hate.
That's a lot of temptation!
What might you mean by "matter of luck"? :lol:
Pathetic backpedaling! j/k
I am all over this like white on rice.
Going by my *ahem* local observation, pretty sure they discontinued the Retro Entertainment line long time ago! They exist only on internet!
It's a shame that this thing's tracks aren't real, it would be cool to do a custom with one and do a conversion to fully-functioning tracks.
On both accounts: YES.
it says it's in "Retention period". WTF dude.
Agreed. :lol:

Going by my *ahem* local observation, pretty sure they discontinued the Retro Entertainment line long time ago! They exist only on internet!
No, local stores order too much all at once when they first come out, then they get over saturated with them and that makes it appear like they are not selling, so they stop ordering them. Retail 101.

I specifically remember getting packages from AmiAmi that were not sent EMS, in fact the last one I got before the first round of GT-R's, I picked up at my apartment office. If this is going to keep happening, I'm going to stop ordering from overseas. The extra cost will be worth it.

Anyways, I got my N-Attacks but I'm not going to bother with photos since everyone knows what they look like and I have just about had it with this week altogether.

I need to take some pictures of my newest stuff. I've gotten some good M2s.

Must be an Australian release

I'm trying other lines so I don't fall head first on using the Australia joke.

All these Bentley's... Curses, now I want one. Considering the Mulsanne, but I'm not quite sure.

Wait for the value to drop.

By the way Bentley owners, this following is a paid infomerical. Have you noticed they took out the price tag they normally printed on their boxes? They also print the month of its release on the side (i.e. 201503). They also included what looks like a new contact e-mail address. Perfect chance to pitch the exact same proposal about Ford cars. Be right back.

I need to take some pictures of my newest stuff. I've gotten some good M2s.
PLEASE.
No, local stores order too much all at once when they first come out, then they get over saturated with them and that makes it appear like they are not selling, so they stop ordering them. Retail 101.
Up & down in inventory thing is true, but by my understanding, big chains like Walmart & Fred Meyer(Kroger) should have space robot keeping tabs on inventory, so these surges & droughts really shouldn't be constant, at least in my head. :dunce:
I'm trying other lines so I don't fall head first on using the Australia joke.
Jokes on you. To Jarrod & Yabi, everything looks allll....right. :P

I think the bottom line is they order too much, it sticks around too long, and they lose interest in buying any more.

Makes me wonder what happened to the Auto Worlds. Not seen the new ones anywhere except eBay. Posted on their facebook page twice trying to get an answer......nothing. Some Walmart stores are already taking the pegs down for them, the store by my work reset their toys and there are no more Auto World pegs.

I think the bottom line is they order too much, it sticks around too long, and they lose interest in buying any more.

Makes me wonder what happened to the Auto Worlds. Not seen the new ones anywhere except eBay. Posted on their facebook page twice trying to get an answer......nothing. Some Walmart stores are already taking the pegs down for them, the store by my work reset their toys and there are no more Auto World pegs.
I'm pretty sure my Walmart have received exactly "one" shipment of Auto World, ever. The batch they just hung on the pegs I think are from the very first release, maybe the second. Just like the stock they put out months ago(they were ancient even then!). :banghead:
Will do tomorrow.
Looking forward to it. 👍

Back