1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
I agree. While they are not on the same level as TLV (no separate light pieces, for instance, among other stuff) they are indeed the best brand this side of the pond has to offer at this scale.
Yeah, but for $6 bucks retail (I paid closer to $9.60/ea with shipping) you just can't beat it.
ARGGHH that 70 Dart keeps avoiding me.

Awesome grabs, dude.
$116 shipped for 12 cars. Not terrible given the quality. (although the photos make some imperfections stand out, in person they are brilliant) Got tired of waiting for them to hit Walmart stores and it doesn't appear like it's ever going to happen.

Those remind me of what Johnny Lightning used to be around 10-15 years ago.
Maybe, Johnny Lightning is like Greenlight now, they are hit or miss. If we compare them to Auto World, I would actually compare them more to the premium line of Auto Worlds, the ones that sell for $5 without the display box and have slightly less detail than the licensed premiums like I have pictured above.

I found a month or two ago a JL GMC Typhoon in a store here in Aus.

Bloody old stock, must have been found out the back (it was the only JL, they haven't been sold here in years).

Best part, they were normally around $5 here, this was $1 lol.

Maybe, Johnny Lightning is like Greenlight now, they are hit or miss. If we compare them to Auto World, I would actually compare them more to the premium line of Auto Worlds, the ones that sell for $5 without the display box and have slightly less detail than the licensed premiums like I have pictured above.

I also fully agree. While JL had an incredibly good time around the late 90s-early 00's, they were comparable to Greenlight as they also had, for example, standarized wheel sizes and other common features. Autoworld goes a long extent towards incorporating unique features to each of their their castings. In that regard, I think only Hot Wheels 100% from back in the day can be compared to Autoworld today, altough they were much better models than AW. M2 could have a chance at this if they set their quality controls straight and paid more attention to their castings. But wigh now Autowlrd is the best american die-cast brand there is, by a mile.

Overdose on Greenlight

2015-05-22_21.30.57.jpg

2015-05-22_21.30.33.jpg
2015-05-22_21.30.09.jpg
2015-05-22_21.29.28.jpg
2015-05-22_21.28.29.jpg
2015-05-22_21.27.50.jpg
2015-05-22_21.26.59.jpg

2015-05-22_22.22.39.jpg

Last edited:
I also fully agree. While JL had an incredibly good time around the late 90s-early 00's, they were comparable to Greenlight as they also had, for example, standarized wheel sizes and other common features. Autoworld goes a long extent towards incorporating unique features to each of their their castings. In that regard, I think only Hot Wheels 100% from back in the day can be compared to Autoworld today, altough they were much better models than AW. M2 could have a chance at this if they set their quality controls straight and paid more attention to their castings. But wigh now Autowlrd is the best american die-cast brand there is, by a mile.
Greenlight and Auto World are the best thing in US produced 1:64 diecast right now. As you said, M2 has some quality issues they need to work on.

Greenlight and Auto World are the best thing in US produced 1:64 diecast right now. As you said, M2 has some quality issues they need to work on.

I'd say it's a tie 'tween Greenlight and M2. Hell, I'll even errr in favor of M2. Both companies have their hits and misses, but quality issues aside, when a M2 is well made, it's outstanding. If Greenlight went the extra distance and made their cars with non-standard tire sizes (which for me it's their biggest deffect) then they would be about equal with some exceptions like when M2 puts separate light pieces on their cars and stuff like that.

EDIT: OMFG THOSE SIKUS. I have aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalways wanted that T2 pick up. big squishy jelly here.

A bit late, but as promised, here's my entire Siku collection...

2CV, 911 Police Car, W220 S500
MRdMpqC.jpg

Minis, the pizza delivery one is missing a sign
M22FH7A.jpg

VW Pickup, VW Type 2 Pickup, and Opel Senator...
65BKYOK.jpg

And a well done, but incorrect Johnny Lightning AMX...
65GyuPm.jpg

A really nice set of Sikus indeed, good stuff. The pickups are quite cool, and the Minis aren't that far behind. 👍

May I ask (since I know jack diddly squat about Johnny), why is that AMX incorrectly done?

Because MFP cars from Mad Max were XA/XB Ford Falcon sedans.

It's the wrong car. Since it's painted to look like one of the police cars from the first Mad Max movie, it should be an XB series Ford Falcon sedan.

Thanks, both of you. I guess that knowing that it's meant to be a Mad Max car, it makes sense that the car being an AMX instead is an incorrect choice of model.

Never effin selling any cars on eBay again. Long story short I'm $2 out of pocket from SELLING a car.
Not break even, not profit, out $2.

Ffs

I'm out at least a hundred.

What car did you lose?

Last edited:
A lot of cars.

My whole NSX collection. My whole GT-R collection. My whole S15 collection too. Those get good moolah!

Ok maybe not marginal loss, but the auctions ends high though. :(

Last edited:
It's not meant to be a contest I'm just sad.

Only item I've sold, a vhtf error, and after shipping and fees I'm $2 in the red.

What a joke. I can't even sell something right.

I sell stuff at a profit. It's not much, I usually sell one or two cars per month (If I list stuff that month that is) :lol:
Sell most of them at 0,70GBP, but make the actual money on postage. I send the cars in a padded envelope and within the EU it usually costs around 1€ for postage per car (+0,3€ for the actual envelope). I charge 3,40 GBP for postage.
A bit scummy, but it's not like I'm making a fortune and compared to other auctions that's still really cheap postage.

A bit late, but as promised, here's my entire Siku collection...

2CV, 911 Police Car, W220 S500
MRdMpqC.jpg

Minis, the pizza delivery one is missing a sign
M22FH7A.jpg

VW Pickup, VW Type 2 Pickup, and Opel Senator...
65BKYOK.jpg

And a well done, but incorrect Johnny Lightning AMX...
65GyuPm.jpg

I don't like your 2CV. The rest are okay. :ill:

Back