1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,431 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Clone stamp is my best friend.

It has to be one of my staples since the lens on my camera give me weird white, blue and red dots in random places.

The formula hasn't changed much since I haven't deviated from the flashlight choice, camera WB and settings.

It's still crop, levels (and maybe curves), clone stamp, sharpen brush, duplicate layer, auto colour balance, reduce layer opacity, merge both layers, adjust color balance (if needed), resize width to 2000pc, paste in watermark and SAVE!

Edit: Eh???

2007 Kyosho Beads Collection #6481C Epson 2006

These wheels look so good.​

Last edited:
It has to be one of my staples since the lens on my camera give me weird white, blue and red dots in random places.

The formula hasn't changed much since I haven't deviated from the flashlight choice, camera WB and settings.

It's still crop, levels (and maybe curves), clone stamp, sharpen brush, duplicate layer, auto colour balance, reduce layer opacity, merge both layers, adjust color balance (if needed), resize width to 2000pc, paste in watermark and SAVE!

Edit: Eh???

2007 Kyosho Beads Collection #6481C Epson 2006

These wheels look so good.​
The whole thing looks so good. I really like the Nsx race cars.

Also.. I want this. Nissan Diesel aquarium truck...it's so ridiculous it's amazing.
41xUHt%2B8gvL._SL1500_.jpg

Oops, guess I should have picked some up while the prices were still sane.

Good news on the Civics. Due to be released in September. I've got the green one on order.
Hey, Spacegoat? Screw you...

...for buying such an awesome trio of cars!

:lol:
They are all adorable TLVs, but I personally think that the BE-1 takes the car. It's a superbly-executed model, especially with that briefcase that is attached to the rear. It just oozes personality, and you don't find many other scale models of it in 1/64. Especially with that level of detail.

Yeah, the Be-1 is great, really impressed with that one. :embarrassed: When they were first announced I was originally looking at this version because I liked the colour a bit better but it didn't come with the canvas roof or trunk bag. Looks rather plain in comparison to the other version.
Great job, again. 👍
Thanks mate. 👍

Yeah, the Be-1 is great, really impressed with that one. :embarrassed: When they were first announced I was originally looking at this version because I liked the colour a bit better but it didn't come with the canvas roof or trunk bag. Looks rather plain in comparison to the other version.

Yeah, the blue Be-1 looks nice enough if you want a bone stock model of it, but the additional touches of the trunk bag and the canvas roof (I missed that one, derp) just make the yellow one stand out even better. It's a really neat car. Of course, if you prefer a stock-looking Be-1, the blue one will be more than enough than you.

Thanks mate. 👍

Y'all welcome. ;)👍

Also, regarding the Tomica aquarium truck and the Greenlight GM Futurama bus, yes to both of them. The aquarium truck is about as awesome as the Giga Fries truck, and the GM is quite frankly one of the greatest design pieces I've ever seen in bus form. How much does that one go for (price-wise, that is)?

Oh yes, you bet I am. Looking forward to it already and hoping for a good price, as the Norev one is a bit wee expensive :/

Wait, Norev has made a GM Futurliner as well?

"checks tha Interwebs"

Oh yeah, they did. Welp, blast und damm, now I have two more things to worry about when it comes to my wallet... :boggled: But which one is the best model, I wonder?

You're welcome, pal 👍

Just don't tell my wallet that, she is already this close to hanging herself after all this GM shtick...

Norev as well.

Oh, really? Well, I never knew that Norev did that truck. From what I'm seeing in their website, they have done about a zillion, so I guess I just wasn't paying attention. At least being a Norev makes it a bit more affordable to get than say, a TLV...

Don't even ask.

Ok, I don't know exactly if you like this type of car, but it is a 1930's sort of car, so maybe you'll enjoy seeing it.

Hello, I am just starting out in 1:64 customs. Mostly simple repaints and such for now.I do have a question though. Are there any sites or places i can find/buy decals (either dry rub or wet apply) that i can use to replace the Badges and emblems of my cars? (i.e. the F150 badge for a ford pick up, the SS badge for a '70 Chevelle, the lettering for DODGE from the back of a 2011 Charger...)

My plan is for highly detailed customs and i feel these small touches are necessary. Any help you can offer would be great.

Thanks in advance

Hello, I am just starting out in 1:64 customs. Mostly simple repaints and such for now.I do have a question though. Are there any sites or places i can find/buy decals (either dry rub or wet apply) that i can use to replace the Badges and emblems of my cars? (i.e. the F150 badge for a ford pick up, the SS badge for a '70 Chevelle, the lettering for DODGE from the back of a 2011 Charger...)

My plan is for highly detailed customs and i feel these small touches are necessary. Any help you can offer would be great.

Thanks in advance

First of all, wrong thread:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/hot-wheels-and-matchbox-customizing-thread.245745/

Post the questions there!

And it looks amazing. But it's crazy they stopped the other series after only one batch. Barely even time for it to take off.
They are peg warmers all over this area, I'm sure it's the same elsewhere. I thought they were asking too much for them and that's probably one of the reasons why they are not selling.

Edit:

TeslaSTH01.JPG

TeslaSTH02.JPG

At this rate we'll know all of the super TH's for 2016 before we're all hungover from new years celebrations.

Last edited:
They are peg warmers all over this area, I'm sure it's the same elsewhere. I thought they were asking too much for them and that's probably one of the reasons why they are not selling.

Edit:

TeslaSTH01.JPG

TeslaSTH02.JPG

At this rate we'll know all of the super TH's for 2016 before we're all hungover from new years celebrations.

Yeaa. It's true. I just wanted the planned Dodge Monoco. Ha. Well the Fox body carried over so that works.
This tesla.. wow. It's absolutely gorgeous

2015 kyosho porsche minicar collection 6 911 turbo 930 red

I've got 3 old white cars on the way. 100% unnecessary expenses, but the classic white look on old cars was too much.

I reserved a silver one in the store just a while ago, which I'll be able to get next week. :)

The Torq-Trust wheel could bery well become a meme.

Looks like the next "big tradition" for Hot Wheels cars; first the sloped-up front chins, now this. Don't get me wrong, I like the car and the rims separately, but they just don't blend well when put together. It's like R1600 said; the casting doesn't look half-bad, but the rim choice is awkward to say the very least. And then you have MBX's Model S, which looks a tad bit better casting-wise...

In other news, something strange seems to be happening with this picture of mine;

SAM_0710.JPG

(Apologies for crummy picture quality, my living room isn't the best place to take pictures due to the lack of natural light. I will get some better ones later if possible)

One of these things is not like the other... I wonder what's wrong, do you? :sly:

Last edited:
Yeah that ball of paper.

I was expecting you to say "the Chinese Citroen ZX cab, since it's too large to fit this thread" sort of answer, you failed to meet my expectations, Mr. Cano. Also, that's not a ball of paper, it's a cloth that I use to clean my glasses' lens, so zing'd ya! :sly: :lol:

HWC finally updated their website....and the forums are absolutely horrible. The would rather they keep the ancient software they were using before than have the new crap that's super hard on the eyes. Why can't Mattel be normal and just use a basic forum software similar to GTP?

Back