1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Greenlight will be releasing several variations of the 2015 Ford F-150 in 1:64 scale.

11889704_10156058601090121_1497717728701544712_n.jpg

Hot Wheels. Out to save the day!

McLaren%2BP1%2B%25282015%2BHW%2BWorkshop%2B-%2BGarage%253ASilver%2529.jpg

2015 Workshop Garage McLaren P1 woop woop

Yur%2BSo%2BFast%2B%25282015%2BTrick%2BBots%253F%2B5-Pack%2529.jpg

2015 Trick Bots 5-Pack (?) Yur So Fast
This 5-pack is so unpopular this will become a rare item, making it highly desirable for Yur So Fast collectors in the future.

I can't get enough of that Toyota Crown Wagon, it really is a brilliant model.

Totally agree. Pretty damn flawless in my eyes.
If it's only marginally bigger than an Alto, imagine how smaller it is compared to other 1/64 models...

Well, hope this helps a little bit. :) It really is so small. :embarrassed:

TLV Toyota Sports 800 vs HW Porsche 993 GT2 by VC SL/E, on Flickr

Also I noticed that this thread has recently gone past another milestone. Belated congrats to @Sonygamer455 for getting the 40,000th reply. 👍

Last edited:
Also I noticed that this thread has recently gone past another milestone. Belated congrats to @Sonygamer455 for getting the 40,000th reply. 👍
Wow, I had no idea I made the 40,000th reply! :D I can remember when this thread hit 10,000. :P I don't post here as much as I did back then. It's come a good ways since then!

Here are some "better" (But still not good) pics of my Turbofire.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ford Custom and Airflyte, yes. Everything else looks pretty meh to be honest.

Last edited:
hsv
Picked up one of these yesterday:
Siku Alfa Montreal. The black paint on mine has seen better days, but all the wheels are on it and it has no real damage. Happy days.

:0 how? Those don't precisely grow up in trees you know?

I tried to be a scumbag today at work when I found 3 Hot Wheels cases in the back.

It was 2014 G case stuff. It seem like our Walmarts here are starting to pull back on the Hot Wheels and Matchbox now that sales probably plummeted if we start getting more shipments to our local dollar stores.

hsv
Because I have a good eye. ;)
Seriously though, bargain at 50p. Currently on display next to Manta.

Grabbing one of those for cheap is always awesome, congratulations. They are very oddly shaped, but they have an undeniable charisma 👍

I tried to be a scumbag today at work when I found 3 Hot Wheels cases in the back.

Decent results to your scumbagging? Or nothing?

I went to Daboxtoys ~2 weeks ago, and I returned with these:
One of them is a Honda NSX Type S-Zero made by TACCAR. The quality of this rivals that of a Kyosho, with the only imperfections being the fact that some of its rear lights (painted silver) are scratched away, and the fact that the axle of the front wheels is too long. The only reason I bought this is because it has an openable bonnet, which is rare for 1/64s. The engine is painted, the interior is pretty nice, and the exhaust is painted in silver. I would have preferred the first generation in red or white, but unfortunately they weren't available, so I had to settle with the 2nd gen. I got this for 70 HKD/~9 USD (if I remember correctly), which is a bargain, I believe. There was also a Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R whose hood can be opened (all cars TACCAR produces feature openable bonnets) available in red or blue, but I'm more interested in the NSX. So here are some pics:

And here is the engine bay. There is nothing to hold it properly, so I'm forced to use a toothpick.

I also made another purchase there: a Kyosho Beads Porsche 911 GT1. This thing is truly a masterpiece. It's a wonder how they managed to put brake discs and callipers into a 1/64. The interior is also nicely recreated. The only pity is that I could not view the interior clearly or take a nice photo of it, as the chassis is not held to the base with screws. It's so detailed, I believe one may be fooled into believing that it's a 1/43 if told so. It comes with a nice acrylic case for display. The only imperfection is that the front wheels don't roll smoothly. Originally I only planned to buy the NSX above, but seeing as the 911 GT1 is sold at a such a cheap price (94 HKD/~12.1 USD :eek:), I succumbed to the temptation and bought it as well. I blame the purchase on this thread. :P

Here are some pics of the ultra-detailed 911 GT1:

21007636955_bb2121f9ef.jpg

(If you look closely enough, you'll see the brake discs and calipers.)

A photo of it with the casing:

Some more artistic photos of them:

Speaking of which, @AOS-, at what price did you buy your Kyosho Porsche 911 GT1? I'm just curious.​

I went to Daboxtoys ~2 weeks ago, and I returned with these:
One of them is a Honda NSX Type S-Zero made by TACCAR. The quality of this rivals that of a Kyosho, with the only imperfections being the fact that some of its rear lights (painted silver) are scratched away, and the fact that the axle of the front wheels is too long. The only reason I bought this is because it has an openable bonnet, which is rare for 1/64s. The engine is painted, the interior is pretty nice, and the exhaust is painted in silver. I would have preferred the first generation in red or white, but unfortunately they weren't available, so I had to settle with the 2nd gen. I got this for 70 HKD/~9 USD (if I remember correctly), which is a bargain, I believe. There was also a Nissan Skyline R32 GT-R whose hood can be opened (all cars TACCAR produces feature openable bonnets) available in red or blue, but I'm more interested in the NSX. So here are some pics:

And here is the engine bay. There is nothing to hold it properly, so I'm forced to use a toothpick.

I also made another purchase there: a Kyosho Beads Porsche 911 GT1. This thing is truly a masterpiece. It's a wonder how they managed to put brake discs and callipers into a 1/64. The interior is also nicely recreated. The only pity is that I could not view the interior clearly or take a nice photo of it, as the chassis is not held to the base with screws. It's so detailed, I believe one may be fooled into believing that it's a 1/43 if told so. It comes with a nice acrylic case for display. The only imperfection is that the front wheels don't roll smoothly. Originally I only planned to buy the NSX above, but seeing as the 911 GT1 is sold at a such a cheap price (94 HKD/~12.1 USD :eek:), I succumbed to the temptation and bought it as well. I blame the purchase on this thread. :P

Here are some pics of the ultra-detailed 911 GT1:

21007636955_bb2121f9ef.jpg

(If you look closely enough, you'll see the brake discs and calipers.)

A photo of it with the casing:

Some more artistic photos of them:

Speaking of which, @AOS-, at what price did you buy your Kyosho Porsche 911 GT1? I'm just curious.​

$12 is about right for the 911 GT1. I got mine from DaBox as well at the same price. Most race car Beads are in the $15 range. Some of the more special ones can demand a bit more for its limited availability on the web.

Nice grab. Most of the race car Beads have brake calipers too. It's totally worth dropping money on them all.

On that note, I sold my Autobacs 2006 NSX, Test Car 2007 NSX, 2004 NISMO Autech Z, and 2006 Xanavi Nismo Z to someone recently. My Knex shelf has a bit more room now. :P

Back