1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
On my lunch :

DSC_0021.JPG
DSC_0023.JPG

No Datsun. :( Passed on Silverado.
When the tracking number gives you no info for 3 weeks, and when it arrives in the mail, all I can say is: MY NINJA...
What in the world is that Fairlady rally? :eek:

Got this Kyosho 930 in the mail yesterday. :)
View attachment 579295
I'm not a fan of 930's, but this model looks so neat to me. Why?
When the tracking number gives you no info for 3 weeks, and when it arrives in the mail, all I can say is: MY NINJA...

oGZQ4cyl.jpg

...my wallet hurts again. :(
Nice. The green Huracan is quite impressive really, and those Nissans? Damn, never seen them before.

That Daytona top left brings back memories of when I was collecting in junior high. I think I amassed 3-4 variations of that thing by running to Walmart across the street at 6am before school. This was back when stores would actually stock the pegs over night instead of random times during the day to avoid greedy collectors...

I see that red R34 Skyline I want. I hope I find one soon. Friday, all I found was that blue Focus ST not counting the Subaru BRAT & Chip Foose M2 Auto-Hauler set I picked up during lunch break.
Oh you know... the coolest Fairlady around.
Skyline looks nice, too. What's the going rate for those two? From Japan? Because I don't know if I've ever seen them.
That's a cool looking M2 set, the transporter especially looks nice.
It was like $16.99(I think $1 more than Walmart), but I had never seen Chip Foose trailer set in person before, and the truck looks really nice. I'll try to get photos once the camera thing is situated. :crazy:
That was the first thing that caught my eye too. :lol:
Just like that Calsonic Tomica Skyline from I think @AHMEDFINK ? I want it, but I probably don't want to know how much. :lol:

Skyline looks nice, too. What's the going rate for those two? From Japan? Because I don't know if I've ever seen them.

Always from Nippon. I'm sure I've told you about it before, but they do go for good moolah since there are so little on them on the market. Especially the Skyline. Either one of these is now my most expensive 1/64 purchase of all time.

:crazy:

Is there a place to post a link to one's eBay store? I'm trimming down my collection and wanted to share.

Pasties your linkies here.

I know but I wanted to see them.

As if pictures on the web weren't good enough. Temptations: Bah.

Well, there's still the possibility of selling an opened case for 10% of what the sealed case would rake in. :P

Depending on what you have, message John who runs the Lamley Group blog on facebook and he may share your stuff.

Thanks for that suggestion. Unfortunately, I don't have anything Lamley-esque ($200+ Toy Fair Porsches, say).

Anyway, here's the link if anyone is interested: www.ebay.com/sch/shellac10/m.html?_trksid=p3692 . I'll be posting more stuff - including Vintage Racing and some non-US 2012 Racing models later this week.

Well... your shipping responsibilities will be lightened at the expense of buyers needing to pay more for shipping. That's cool though. I'll wait for some other cool stuff in the future.

Early morning sniping:

Capture.PNG

Combined shipping came to $8 or $2 per car. :embarrassed:
Oh you're doing that Global Shipping Program thing. I'll have to pass on your offerings, then. Sorry!
Is it that bad?
Well... your shipping responsibilities will be lightened at the expense of buyers needing to pay more for shipping. That's cool though. I'll wait for some other cool stuff in the future.
Andy know where I stand on this, but it really depends. If you are like me: A eBay seller who only ship within United States, Global Shipping Program is good news. Program costs the seller nothing to offer it, and transfers responsibilities(postage, customs, etc.) to the third-party(Pitney Bowes), and passes on the expense to the buyer.

From what I understand, international shipping is very expensive this way. However, it give customers overseas another option. It's basically an eBay-administered forwarding service.

The bad: While the seller is signed up with Global Shipping Program, anything they sell on eBay outside U.S. will be required to ship using the program. So, if seller who has always shipped internationally anyway are using the program just to do same thing, but involving a third party(Pitney Bowes) at added cost, it's most likely bad news for both the buyers & the sellers. Sellers would lose potential buyers due to higher shipping, and buyers lose potential purchasing option.

I've sold many, many items using the program & it's 100% good news for me, because I myself won't ship overseas. My customers who pay the fees, they do it, because some item are just rare & impossible to find elsewhere. It can be a win-win.

Had a good feeling those 1750s would depreciate. That 155 though.

Well, that's okay. I got a nicer 155 now.

U2Rczagm.jpg

Last edited:
Global Shipping Program is f'in crap for buyers outside of the USA.

$3 loose Hot Wheels? That'll be $30USD postage using the Global Shipping Program.

Edit: I'd totally pass(not a fan of the casting), but what a card!

2208734.jpg

$8.78, shipped.
Had a good feeling those 1750s would depreciate. That 155 though.
I've been wanting that plain red one, but as I was sniping on those cars I noticed that there were almost no competition? I got greedy & went after Jagermeister, but I was in for shock what those things generally fetched on eBay. Plain red, it'd likely cost me $8 + another $2 for shipping. Jagermeister, I saw one that went as high as $45(before shipping) on a eBay "sold" search. :crazy:

Luckily, competition really was low. Maybe you are right & the hype has passed. *shrug*
Well, that's okay. I got a nicer 155 now.
I'm so glad that you had the common sense, decency & courtesy to censor that in the hot wheels thread. j/k :P Looks so sweet Andy. 👍
Global Shipping Program is f'in crap for buyers outside of the USA.

$3 loose Hot Wheels? That'll be $30USD postage using the Global Shipping Program.
Like I said, IMO, it only makes sense on a rare item you couldn't find anywhere. Plus, keep in mind, for whatever reason, shipping cost out of U.S. to overseas is insanely high, with or without any forwarding service. I get shipping from Japan, maybe couple times a month. It's cheap. It's as cheap as the domestic shipping within the U.S., or many, many times for me, international shipping from Japan actually ended up being cheaper than shipping stuff here from just few states over within the same counrty. Makes zero sense, but it's actually true.

Let me look up how much straight shipping would cost to Australia. *checks USPS* For $3 car, it's $13.75. If seller does not ship internationally & the package forwarding service is used, it's another $4, $5 for the flat fee on domestic shipping added(from the seller to forwarder). I have no idea how much forwarding service charge in the States, but I've used Japanese ones, and my last one was $8.50(included insurance on $26.50 car).

Add them all up & roughly: $4 domestic shipping + $8 forwarding service fee + $13.75 international shipping, and the total should bring it up in the neighborhood of $25.75. Kinda close to the number you came up with for the total Global Shipping Program charge.

Yes, expensive. But when I use such service, it's either because: a) I could not find one seller with the item I want who'd ship to me in the U.S. or b) Even after the forwarding service fee charged, I actually still saved considerable amount of money over eBay, or what other sellers/stores would charge for the item, who are willing to ship to U.S.

Last edited:
Meanwhile, I charge 7 GBP for international shipping to anywhere. 3GBP if it's in a padded envelope (for cheap stuff). :lol:

Meanwhile, I charge 7 GBP for international shipping to anywhere. 3GBP if it's in a padded envelope (for cheap stuff). :lol:
That's cool that you'll ship internationally, and I mean that, but the point I was making was how cost comparison doesn't really work, because it's like comparing cost of you washing the car versus the car wash. One is not really designed to compete with the other.

That's cool that you'll ship internationally, and I mean that, but the point I was making was how cost comparison doesn't really work, because it's like comparing cost of you washing the car versus the car wash. One is not really designed to compete with the other.

Yeah, I should have quoted where you mentioned that US international shipping is expensive regardless of a forwarding service. 👍

Back