1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,431 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
As much as I dislike the use of the phrase "apples to oranges", I think you may be missing out on the message, Cano.

Tis a matter of a high-demand collectible, not model car replica authenticity.

I didn't buy all my Kyosho Beads R32s because they were high in quality; I just wanted to find them because they're scarce, and I paid good money for some of them. The quality is crappier than Circle-K's current-day mainlines.

Guys, did I make mistake? Just bought this beauty from my dealer for US$30 but I'm starting to have a bit of buyers remorse. I checked eBay and the price seems right but...I'm not sure, it's the single most expensive Hot Wheels I've ever bought!

Noice. I think my most expensive was this:

Chevy%2BImpala%2B1959%2B(2000%2BMEA%2BHollywood%2BEmployee%2BDinner).jpg

2000 MEA Hollywood Employee Dinner exclusive thingamabob '59 Impala.

$65.

Last edited:
So I went shopping for clothes at Target and bought these:
1471493993294-723449191.jpg
I bought 4 individual hotwheels and a matchbox 5 pack. My personal favourite if the bunch is the Porsche outlaw 356.

Last edited:
I regret not picking up the Ford GT and Focus at Asda now. There's none left, a day and a half later. I did decide to get a fine Sharpie and detail the Focus myself and reseal the packaging, so that'll have to wait.

After Japan Historics, this is the second Car Culture set I am most looking forward to (don't care for the Ghia, however).

Hopefully I can find this in Tucson later this year.

That was a horrible choice on their part to be honest. So many other castings that could have taken it's place. And we didn't need 2 Porsche's...

Definitely, though I am excited about the 964. I'll have to look at the '78 a bit closer before deciding on whether to get it.

Should've selected the SP2 over the Ghia. The Target exclusive retro Volkswagen would look great as a premium release.

Had to make a run to Staples for a few things and decided to stop in at Kmart, since it is just across the parking lot, just to check things out. Kmart usually only has Hot Wheels, but I have gotten lucky in the past and found some cool HW before. This time was no different. I only had 2 of the Japan Historics going in and what do you know, they had the other 3 that I needed. So now, that collection is complete...unless they come out with more. Anyway, looks like next up is the Track Day above and I still need to complete the Gran Turismo HW set....only have 3 right now.

If it's the same casting from the "Garage" series of few years ago, I thought it was kinda neat once you had one in your hands. I think the rear cover comes off. If it's a different casting, ignore I said that. I will.
Yeah but considering the theme of the set, it's not a good choice.

GUYS! I can't make up my mind! Should I open the Skyline or not? It looks so gorgeous inside the blister and it is the most expensive HW I've bought...but I wanna see it closely and play with it!

What methods do you guys use to open blisters in a way that they could be re-sealed again?

Yeah but considering the theme of the set, it's not a good choice.
I don't know. I look at the lineup & feel like it's already kinda all over the place.
GUYS! I can't make up my mind! Should I open the Skyline or not? It looks so gorgeous inside the blister and it is the most expensive HW I've bought...but I wanna see it closely and play with it!
R32 casting don't really appeal to me, even loose out of the blister, but if you still want to open & see, just remember that it will lose its value dramatically(probably 35~40%?).

Some expensive castings I'm glad I opened. There's been castings that looked WAY better while in blister, too. My personal opinion, R32 looks better in the blister.
What methods do you guys use to open blisters in a way that they could be re-sealed again?
I just save the card. Never tried re-sealing.

Nah I don't think you should. If it helps kill your anxiety to find out what the R32 casting looks like all around, you can look at my photos of it:

http://athobbies.blogspot.ca/2014/01/custom-distracted-work-still-done.html#r32

And if you really want to play with it, play with your other loose cars for about 3 years first. See if you'll still be playing with it then.

When you forget you put in a bid for a lightly playworn Matchbox Cavalier GSI and get a notice to say you won the auction for 99p. Good times.

Screenshot_20160820-181337-01.jpeg

This was my absolute favourite Matchbox as a boy. One day I think I'll stump up the money for a mint in box version.

Couple of cars I posted in/on my blog over the weekend if anybody want to see:

Same GT3 GT-R @GT HP Nut showed us few days ago. It really didn't let me down. Lived up to the hype I created inside my head. :lol:

0.JPG

Custom Mazda T2000 Vacuum Car - It makes me want to go wash my hands just looking at it.

00.JPG

I like the wheels and the paint.. lol
It's a unique casting to say the least. An acquired taste!

Forgot I had this:

Time%2BAttaxi%2B%25282016%2BCity%2BWorks%253AFE%2529.jpg

Time%2BAttaxi1.jpg

Time%2BAttaxi2.jpg

2016 time attaxi

And this too:

Subaru%2BWRX%2BSTI%2B%25282016%2BDigital%2BCircuit%2529.jpg

2016 digital circuits subaru wrx sti

And I may as well post the recent grabs:

VW%2BSquareback%2B%25282016%2BArt%2BCars%2529.jpg

vw%2Bsquareback%2Bartcar.jpg

'69 custom squareback vw art cars