1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters

Ford%2BShelby%2BGT350R%2B%25282016%2BNight%2BBurnerz%253ARed%2529.jpg

2016 Night Burnerz Ford Shelby GT350R
Still like the blue more.

Nissan%2B180SX%2B%25282016%2BSpeed%2BGraphics%253ABlack%2529.jpg

2016 Speed Graphics Nissan 180SX
Like this the most out of the 3 available colours.

Land%2BRover%2BDefender%2B110%2B%25282016%2BBest%2Bof%2BMatchbox%2529.jpg

Land%2BRover%2BDefender%2BBestofMatchbox1.jpg

2016 Best of the World Land Rover Defender 110S
Didn't have to buy it online!

Last edited:

May be interested in using the van for my shelf. Edit: Nevermind. I was looking at the Lesney :lol: I'll take the Miura as well.

Last edited:
May be interested in using the van for my shelf.

So after grabbing a few cars I said I would never collect any more of afterwards, I decided to bring back the dusty foam shelf I made like 5 years ago...

MJxVEmDl.jpg

...and put on beautifully detailed cars on it only, but also with a variety of car genres, with the exception of it being more Matchbox biased. Right now, it's going good. I've got a drag car, vintage sports, rally, an SUV, a race car, a lowrider, a muscle, a hippie rider, modern sports, some other vintage goodies and a whole wad of police cars (maybe too much even).

Being restricted to 20 gives me a lot to think about. While I could just have some others on the side and rotate cars every now and then, record has it I stop caring to do such diligent deeds by the next day, so that is not an option.

Also, I never thought my local grocery store would ever do it, but they ordered in a large HW bin.... and I think it's fresh as 🤬

There was uncountable amount of red NSXs, black 180SXs, R34s, Ford GTs, CRXs, P1s, Carrera GTs, 3.0 CSLs, 2002s and some more. I'm willing to bet there's a $TH Nitro Doorslammer or Ford GT in there.

Last edited:
2016 Best of the World Land Rover Defender 110S
Didn't have to buy it online!
I've seen it couple of times, but both times, it was like $5, so I passed. Maybe I'll never find it now. Crazy. As far as I'm concerned, only one worth buying. I did buy the Mustang Police Car & yeah, off-road tires. I was just curious & like the casting so I bought it. It sucks.
May be interested in using the van for my shelf. Edit: Nevermind. I was looking at the Lesney :lol: I'll take the Miura as well.
RR, 911 and Muira.
Miura, the end. VW Bus looks odd, others aren't that interesting. If I see them in stores & I likely will, I might buy the BMW & Rover. If I don't find any of them, I couldn't care less. Mainline Skyline, VW Crewcab Pickup thing, etc. are so much more interesting to me.
I'm willing to bet there's a $TH Nitro Doorslammer or Ford GT in there.
Did you not go through it? :crazy:

I was just curious & like the casting so I bought it. It sucks.

I don't think I've seen a comment by you as upfront as this. :lol:

Did you not go through it? :crazy:

In the interest of not wanting to spend a great deal of time to dig, I did not. Plus the store was closing in 15 minutes. I'd need 40 minutes to go through that without drawing a heap load of attention... in a totally... empty store....

:eek: What have I done?!

I don't think I've seen a comment by you as upfront as this. :lol:
a6m5 in Japanese means "frank".
In the interest of not wanting to spend a great deal of time to dig, I did not. Plus the store was closing in 15 minutes. I'd need 40 minutes to go through that without drawing a heap load of attention... in a totally... empty store....

:eek: What have I done?!
You start digging really fast, Andy. :lol:
New Tomica models for 2017.
Intrigued by that Suzuki Every. Amazing looking car. :lol:

It's literally a box with four wheels attached. :lol:
Don't open this box of Scion xB again, Jarrod. We never get nowhere!
Who doesn't love boxes of Special Kei?
:lol:👍 That Honda is so neat. I always thought that one was newer, retro kei car, but I think it really is a vintage model. So cool.
If ever you go to Tokyo, you'll see a megaton of boxy kei cars aside from supercars. :lol:
It's the regulations over there. One of the largest automotive producers in the history of the world, but the regulations are designed to punish vehicle ownership. You are drowning in taxes & fees. :crazy: Kei cars gets breaks from some of those.

Don't open this box of Scion xB again, Jarrod. We never get nowhere!

:lol:👍 That Honda is so neat. I always thought that one was newer, retro kei car, but I think it really is a vintage model. So cool.

It's the regulations over there. One of the largest automotive producers in the history of the world, but the regulations are designed to punish vehicle ownership. You are drowning in taxes & fees. :crazy: Kei cars gets breaks from some of those.
I was amazed to see how big the US lowrider and hot rod scene is in Japan. Also rock n roll, like Happy Days era.

Intrigued by that Suzuki Every. Amazing looking car. :lol:

The moment I read "Every", I immediately clicked Kakashi's link. As a fan of the Every/Super Carry, I more than approve seeing a Japanese police scale model version of it. It's certainly unique, even if kei vans aren't exactly uncommon in Japan, given the power of the kei-car class...
Although I have to say one thing; due to recently watching a WasabiCars video, I would also like to see a casting of a sporty Every, complete with 1990 graphics and rear spoiler (! :lol:);

Possible TLV material, perhaps?

So I've started a blog of my own. This is something I've been wanting to do for a little while just for fun to share my collection outside of this forum. The cars are no fun sitting in a glass cabinet or even in storage with nobody seeing them. I'll be the first to admit I'm no great writer or anything, but it has pictures of tiny cars and I know I like those.

Here it is if anyone wants to check it out.

Thanks for reminding me @a6m5 :P

I bought my first HW five pack today as my local Asda had them on sale for a fiver. I got the VW set, simply because I needed the Thing and the Surf Beetle in my collection. The other three - Golf GTI, Drag Bus and new Beetle are neither fish nor fowl.

So I've started a blog of my own. This is something I've been wanting to do for a little while just for fun to share my collection outside of this forum. The cars are no fun sitting in a glass cabinet or even in storage with nobody seeing them. I'll be the first to admit I'm no great writer or anything, but it has pictures of tiny cars and I know I like those.

Thanks for reminding me @a6m5 :P

If you can help it, go with the modern skin where you can click on a whole bunch of thumbnails to get to the post you like (aka what Cano uses on his blog), unless you enjoy writing stories for everything.

I should switch to that too ,but I dedicated so many hours to making one blog post structure so perfectly that I no longer want to change the whole infrastructure any longer.

My haul this week:

Wednesday?
000.JPG

Guess which car I wanted here? :P

Just like an hour ago, I picked all these up on the way home at Toys R Us:
0000.JPG

I gave up one of the Gassers, because there was another collector who came little after me. So many fantasy cars, it was unreal. Plus they stocked pegs EVERYWHERE in the vicinity of the Hot Wheels aisle. They were over-stocked(even stacked on shelves), not much quality cars left, so I almost suspected employee heist on this one.

I asked the other collector if he picked up anything good, and was really wanting the gasser & I had taken the only two I saw, so I gave him one. He was so appreciative, very cool. 👍 Finally got that green Toyota truck. Been eyeying the silver Mustang, also. :D

Possible TLV material, perhaps?
Definitely, but that & the police car I saw aren't even same thing!!
So much win here.

So much win.
Yeah, but why are twenty others so garbage? :crazy: They sell millions of these things, I'm so surprised by how poorly they are designed. Just tires alone crippled the looks of close to their entire lineup!

Miura looks great, I think we'd all agree. I'm just surprised how other cars from the series don't look as good. :crazy:

Congrats Apok. 👍 I went through few trial & error stuff, as I also had zero experience with a blog going into mine.

I couldn't agree more with what you said about blog serving as a online display. For me, it's also a resource of inventory data. I keep it sloppy casual, like my posts on GTPlanet. That way, it rarely feels like work, and I can keep going without any stress!
VXR
I bought my first HW five pack today as my local Asda had them on sale for a fiver. I got the VW set, simply because I needed the Thing and the Surf Beetle in my collection. The other three - Golf GTI, Drag Bus and new Beetle are neither fish nor fowl.
I was going to say "nice set!", but it didn't have Drag Bus, did it? One I'm thinking of had the Kool Kombi(yellow)?

Great news for me, less money spent.
Yeah, but ruined opportunity on something like this black Bimmer.

maxresdefault.jpg

Just frigging nuts. I'll never understand the designers/managers/executives who'd give this "look" a green light. Granted, they have horrible track record with rubber tires, but still... this day & age. :dunce:

Back