1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
they have horrible track record with rubber tires, but still...
Well, Matchbox really hasn't had any premium wheels recently. And they still don't, because they resorted to using some from Hot Wheels for these new cars. Budget reasons I assume since they are smaller than Hot Wheels. On the BMW, the wheels aren't terrible, it's the knobby tires.

Well, Matchbox really hasn't had any premium wheels recently. And they still don't, because they resorted to using some from Hot Wheels for these new cars. Budget reasons I assume since they are smaller than Hot Wheels. On the BMW, the wheels aren't terrible, it's the knobby tires.
It's 1/64 scale toy car tires. I highly doubt it's a cost issue. If it is, Matchbox needs to find cheaper source for them.

I feel like I'm missing something. Hot Wheels have real riders that looks damn good on sports cars. Why does that Bimmer have tires with more aggressive off-road tread than SVT Raptor? :crazy:
I think the reason they are using stuff from Hot Wheels is because people complained about the off road tires and they either were short on time or money and used what they could. But I do agree some of the selections were unrealistic.

Last edited:
I think the reason they are using stuff from Hot Wheels is because people complained about the off road tires and they either were short on time or lonely and used what they could. But I do agree some of the selections were unrealistic.
I looked at your Lamley link again, and I do recognize those (hot wheels)wheels now. What's weird: I think Matchbox may have the best plastic tires/wheels. It's amazing how beautiful their plastic tires/wheels are & how ugly their real riders are. :crazy:

MBX off-road tires do look so money on the Rover Defender. Only one I've truly liked in the series so far, but I think Miura could surpass it.
or lonely
:odd:

Hey guys, I've been stalking this thread for a while now :D just wanted to ask, has anyone heard of Mothership toys? I wanted to get the Gran Turismo retro entertainment set, along with the Euro style set but didn't find an ebay store that sells both together for cheaper than Mothership (including shipping)

So, can I trust these guys with almost 100$ ?

Hey guys, I've been stalking this thread for a while now :D just wanted to ask, has anyone heard of Mothership toys? I wanted to get the Gran Turismo retro entertainment set, along with the Euro style set but didn't find an ebay store that sells both together for cheaper than Mothership (including shipping)

So, can I trust these guys with almost 100$ ?
Never heard of them. I almost always rely on eBay or the Toy Peddler for stuff like that.

Never heard of them. I almost always rely on eBay or the Toy Peddler for stuff like that.

I see. Another fishy thing is when I enter my address on the website (UAE), it says they wont ship to my address. However in an email, they told me they will after I pay them through paypal invoice thing (not 100% sure... I've never used paypal before) and they'll ship the items.

I guess I'll go the safer ebay route, despite the total being more or less the same.. (buying from 2 different buyers)

P.s: sorry for being sorta outta topic guys

Definitely, but that & the police car I saw aren't even same thing!!

Well they may belong to different generations of the car, but they are the same car model. Tomica just opted for a more modern and simpler Every, which makes sense for the basic Tomica range...

@a6m5 oh yeah, I see that it's called a Kool Kombi. It's really not my cup of tea. I'll keep ones like that around for any future children my wife and I might have.

If only Tomica did not ditch the rubber tires for Premiums:

30486547725_71397c380a_c.jpg

29855725984_b3a468fe66_c.jpg

30486547155_0012e025a8_c.jpg

30450027496_b6d4961c0c_c.jpg

30486546535_d68fa165c6_c.jpg

I see. Another fishy thing is when I enter my address on the website (UAE), it says they wont ship to my address. However in an email, they told me they will after I pay them through paypal invoice thing (not 100% sure... I've never used paypal before) and they'll ship the items.

I guess I'll go the safer ebay route, despite the total being more or less the same.. (buying from 2 different buyers)

P.s: sorry for being sorta outta topic guys
For the record, I've used sites like that many times, but I've never ran into any issues. I just stick with eBay for their satisfaction guarantee.
VXR

[ATTACH=full]599796[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• Shocked.jpg
    Shocked.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 160
Really want the Walmart exclusive ZAMAC Batmobile, but my Walmart seems to have skipped it. I hate them.
He's so shocked he grew another set of ears.
Nice try Andy.
If only they didn't put that rear wing on the S2000. Cool model otherwise.
Might've been interested in it in the stock form. Front chin-spoiler/valance thing throws me off.

350 CAD right now isn't even close to the amount I've spent to acquire all of those! I'll be waiting a bit longer.

"Fire at Mattel HQ. All 24/Seven collectors feel jipped they've been collecting a RX-7 lookalike when Mattel decides to make the real thing. They revolt by egging the designer's car, home and dignity."

Jason's make-belief RX-7. :lol:

Naaaa. It's Everybody's. With the capital E. Whole bunch of modders interpret it as the FD as well.

In any case, I'm hoping that wing will stay a separate piece. I don't want to see any of this Daytona-style solid block wing:

Before:
Fast+Fish+(red:FTE).jpg

After:
Fast%2BFish%2B(2014%2BHW%2BGoal%3AYellow).jpg

Shame it's not being handled by MBX. The HW first edition could easily be like the Focus RS with all the decals at one end an an expanse of body colour and no detailing for the rest.

Back