1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,431 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
OMG dude, do you reside on a resort or something? j/k Amazing view. :lol:đź‘Ť
Er, sort of. :lol: Nah just kidding.
The flat that I live in has a seaview though, so that's why I managed to take pics with such a backdrop.
If it weren't for the reflection, I thought you had taken this on some wide open landscape like Salt Lake.
Personally I'm a fan of the reflection, as it makes it look like the car is placed on a thin sheet of water. I still remember seeing a photo of an actual Aston surrounded by a pool, and it just seems so tranquil. I guess that photo is an inspiration.

Thanks for the compliments guys. :)

Ran to Walmart for some printer ink last night and checked on the Hot Wheels. Nothing in the regular metal dump bin, but there were a couple of the new yellow Gallardo Trofeo's on the pegs. Weird I thought, a couple random E-case cars sitting on the pegs. Looked around the isle a bit for other things (Auto World pegs are still empty) and after a walk down the fitness isle for something, I noticed a new-ish cardboard dump bin that I walked right past. Also weird, because it was basically full of 2016 P-case cars with what seemed like a single 2017 E-case box thrown in. Managed to pull a Tesla Model X and the new lime green 911 GT3 out of it, but nothing else. :odd:

Edit: Anyone else going to the K-Mart event on the 18th just for this? I don't like that it has their cheap inkjet graphics on it, but I guess I can look past that...

Last edited:
Hunts, trades, eBay, group raffles and raoks from the last week or 2.

I've now got this week off to hunt to my hearts content, hopefully in time for F to drop :nervous: Z06. :gtpflag:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

So I updated the spreadsheet to include a 2017 section now. Looking back, my 2016 goal was to reduce the amount of acquired cars. The target being a mere 10% of 2015's total: 46 cars.

I start collecting 1/18s in 2016, and that has become the primary focus now, but being the same hobby, I've decided to count those in as well.

The amount of cars acquired in 2016 in both scales, totaled to 111.

8 of those were freebies, so that is not applicable to the original intent of just spending less. I also sold 2 cars, so I'm subtracting 10 from that, which brings us to 101.

Target: 46.
Actual: 101.

Went over the goal limit by 220%.

Not terrible. 2015 (not including any sold items) has a count of 265. 2016 = 38.1% of 2015's count. Can I do 38.1% of 2016 for 2017 (roughly 39 cars)?

So far I have 1. I have 3 on preorder. I'm estimating about 15-30 are from HW/MBX future releases. Everything else is new 1/18s I didn't hear about or opportunities to pick up past HW/MBX I missed out on.

Now that I think about it, it's seemingly pointless to cut more and more if I got these "have to have" HW castings, because that's an immovable count.

Hunts, trades, eBay, group raffles and raoks from the last week or 2.

I've now got this week off to hunt to my hearts content, hopefully in time for F to drop :nervous: Z06. :gtpflag:

View attachment 625810 View attachment 625811 View attachment 625812 View attachment 625816 View attachment 625817 View attachment 625818

Looks like I can supply you with some cars. I think I still have a yellow MBX Z06, and a whole bunch of other cars I haven't yet disassembled for their wheels yet.

Ran to Walmart for some printer ink last night and checked on the Hot Wheels. Nothing in the regular metal dump bin, but there were a couple of the new yellow Gallardo Trofeo's on the pegs. Weird I thought, a couple random E-case cars sitting on the pegs. Looked around the isle a bit for other things (Auto World pegs are still empty) and after a walk down the fitness isle for something, I noticed a new-ish cardboard dump bin that I walked right past. Also weird, because it was basically full of 2016 P-case cars with what seemed like a single 2017 E-case box thrown in. Managed to pull a Tesla Model X and the new lime green 911 GT3 out of it, but nothing else. :odd:
Just stopped by my Walmart on the way home. Old dump bin, but I was going through it for some cars for my de nephews... then BAM!

0.JPG

If it was $2, I'd have passed on the Camaro, but for 97 cents, I'll take a chance. I have few of those in my collection. Quite interestingly, one I find the ugliest is the real riders RLC version. Also like those Summit Chevelles, I find the cheap mainline wheels more attractive on these cars.

Also saw this last week:

DSC_0159.JPG

I like it, but $6? I'd be all over that at $4. It's not worth over $5 to me. :crazy:
Edit: Anyone else going to the K-Mart event on the 18th just for this? I don't like that it has their cheap inkjet graphics on it, but I guess I can look past that...
I've been thinking about that one. I really don't want to, but I'm going to have to. These mail-in cars generally go for $20-ish, but I'm almost certain these will quite bit more in the secondary market. :indiff:
Sounds like fun. I wish you luck! đź‘Ť

You have a bright future in city planning. :lol:

So I updated the spreadsheet to include a 2017 section now. Looking back, my 2016 goal was to reduce the amount of acquired cars. The target being a mere 10% of 2015's total: 46 cars.

I start collecting 1/18s in 2016, and that has become the primary focus now, but being the same hobby, I've decided to count those in as well.

The amount of cars acquired in 2016 in both scales, totaled to 111.

8 of those were freebies, so that is not applicable to the original intent of just spending less. I also sold 2 cars, so I'm subtracting 10 from that, which brings us to 101.

Not terrible. 2015 (not including any sold items) has a count of 265. 2016 = 38.1% of 2015's count. Can I do 38.1% of 2016 for 2017 (roughly 39 cars)?

So far I have 1. I have 3 on preorder. I'm estimating about 15-30 are from HW/MBX future releases. Everything else is new 1/18s I didn't hear about or opportunities to pick up past HW/MBX I missed out on.

Now that I think about it, it's seemingly pointless to cut more and more if I got these "have to have" HW castings, because that's an immovable count.
Sounds like you need a different hobby.
I've been thinking about that one. I really don't want to, but I'm going to have to. These mail-in cars generally go for $20-ish, but I'm almost certain these will quite bit more in the secondary market. :indiff:
Ditto.

Speaking of the Collector event mail in cars, I remember a couple years back that I was going to get all of them for the year but I ended up only getting one. I'd try again this year if I didn't have more important to worry about spending money on.

and I'm all of the sudden getting nostalgic. I had a Mazda RX8 exactly like this one when I was a kid, I collected a whole bunch of these import racer cars along with the Muscle Machines "Import Tuner" cars from being hooked on NFS Underground and the Fast and Furious movies.
Same for me. In fact I might just know where one of mine is right now. I'll have to dig it out and post it tomorrow if I don't forget.

Sounds like you need a different hobby.

I wouldn't say I "need" another one. I've plenty, and several more I want to take up once I have a bit more DI . In fact, if I did drop this hobby, I probably would have began those ones years ago.

I'm still a sucker for these things though. I'll just keep on trying to minimize at much as I can.

Andy reminds me of drug addict in denial. I have it under control though, you know? Perfectly under control.
Speaking of the Collector event mail in cars, I remember a couple years back that I was going to get all of them for the year but I ended up only getting one. I'd try again this year if I didn't have more important to worry about spending money on.
You could actually earn free mainline cars by flipping the mail-in Datsun.

All of my K marts are closed now unfortunately. I missed the one with the blue F type I think.

DSC_0042.JPG

Kmart near me's been looking like it's on a life support for years now. Just kidding, it doesn't look that good. It's more like zombie apocalypse both in & out. That "Big K" sign? That's just a plastic banner tied to the building. No idea what happened to their real sign. I've never seen anything like this. Nobody even shop there anymore, why is it still open!? :lol:

And by minimise you mean increase twofold? :P
We'll see. I showed you my estimated numbers and thay for the most part will be juuust a tad over the 38%.

As I continue to visit walmart less, the chance of the 1/64 count increasing is less likely.

We'll see. I showed you my estimated numbers and thay for the most part will be juuust a tad over the 38%.

As I continue to visit walmart less, the chance of the 1/64 count increasing is less likely.
I do like your choice in 1/18 and other scale models.

Latest Posts

Back