1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
New Tomicas this April:

Abarth 124 Spider (with removable top)

IMG_4027.JPG

Tomica Premium R33 GT-R and Supra:

IMG_4028.JPG

IMG_4029.JPG

I'm not sure if any of you have regrets on cars you could've bought in the past but didn't and now you can't find them anywhere. I have one for this Johnny Lightning sprint car. I found it at a Walmart back when it was still readily available but I didn't get it because the top wing wasn't clipped to the car and I couldn't get it clipped back on by pushing the blister down. Therefore I left it behind and now I can't find it anywhere. This was back in my "keep absolutely anything and everything carded" stage.

Also, I believe that sprint car mold is the same as the Racing Champions sprints such as my autographed Dave Blaney car below. Can anyone confirm?

Snapchat-662582480.jpg

But why the rear wheel arch blister/extension? Seems to me, they couldn't make up their mind. :lol:

Or maybe this:

IMG_4032.JPG

The R-Tune. :D

You know GT-R owners, they can put a mish mash of Nismo parts of their liking, and probably some guy from Tomica decided that it's best to replicate it from an R33 with Nismo bits. Who knows?

Or maybe this:

View attachment 627084

The R-Tune. :D

You know GT-R owners, they can put a mish mash of Nismo parts of their liking, and probably some guy from Tomica decided that it's best to replicate it from an R33 with Nismo bits. Who knows?
Okay, yes that fits. Would explain the lack of front blisters and bonnet aperture too. Kinda disappointed they didn't go the extra hog though. Correct colour and stickers, plus 'Nismo' wheels, would have been more exact.

Great finds @Gotbeefboy564, got to order those this side. Debating it. At least we'll get a 50th mainline I think.

So here we go again folks. This is the haul from my weeks holiday from work.

First 2 pics are hunts. Last 2 eBay.

Up to date with what I want from MBX presently, don't actually like the Skyline or Chevy Canoe wagon (blasphemy) lol.

Another Mystery Machine and the newer Minecart makes me up to date with Screen Time. Just Milano and Ice Charger to come out?!?

Then just must haves for me. I obsess over any Cobra any scale. Cheers guys.

image.jpeg image.jpeg
image.jpeg image.jpeg

That S-Tune's one of the coolest Skyline I've ever seen. I never used to like R33s, but lately, they've really grown on me. :embarrassed:

I checked Target again, but I don't know why I bother. Target in my area's worthless. :(
Found mine at a Walmart like I said. They had two full sets so obviously I left one set, almost forgot the beetle.

First 2 pics are hunts. Last 2 eBay.
I don't know if I have that Infiniti Skyline or not. It's one of those castings that makes me roll my eyes going through the pegs, but I still like it at the same time, because it's so well done? I should have one in my MBX collection.... Then again, I'm trying to downsize.[/indecisiveteenagegirl]
Found mine at a Walmart like I said. They had two full sets so obviously I left one set, almost forgot the beetle.
Pretty sure I want four out of five(don't care for SP2 thing).

There appears to be something off with my premo NSX, looking at all the pics you guys are posting of yours. There's definitely a difference with mine. At first, I thought it was just a case of the bigger rear wheels giving off an illusion of being over painted, when compared to the smaller front wheels. But in fact, it looks as if the inner spokes and barrels of the front wheels, are under painted when comparing the pics you guys have.

Camera battery isn't charged at the mo but I'll share some pics when it is.

There appears to be something off with my premo NSX, looking at all the pics you guys are posting of yours. There's definitely a difference with mine. At first, I thought it was just a case of the bigger rear wheels giving off an illusion of being over painted, when compared to the smaller front wheels. But in fact, it looks as if the inner spokes and barrels of the front wheels, are under painted when comparing the pics you guys have.

Camera battery isn't charged at the mo but I'll share some pics when it is.

Oh my- do we have a (dare I say it) a wheel variation on our hands?!

tumblr_o3zoynTC041v4xhcfo1_500.gif

For those of you that want a chance at the Datsun 510 mail-in for next weekends K-Mart collectors day but don't want to deal with going to the event or can't get to one, you can buy the cases online right now.

Mail in your receipt for the case purchase with 20 card backs and $$ for shipping.

Back