1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Now I'm getting a Swift Sport, I'm disappointed to see Tomica produced a 4th Gen Sport and a fifth Gen 5-door, but didn't make a Sport at all. Wits have a resin 1:43rd, but in white, yellow or black. I'm getting Boost Blue. Ho hum.

Decided to grab my fine pens, and give the kitty missing details :D.
P1020390.JPG
P1020391.JPG

Picked up a two Hot wheels and decided to get some Maisto cars that look ok to me, just wish the wheels were better on them.
0305171733a_HDR.jpg

A 1/64 Facebook group I'm in is doing a photo contest thought I'd share my entry here. :)
0305171637b_HDR.jpg

Not sure if I'll win or not but the winner gets this tlv.
17103444_1885050115071323_573791696731553380_n.jpg

Just saw this on Facebook. I wish I knew how to share it probably, but I can't even figure out how to share stuff on that website. :crazy:
Facebook link isn't working, but to share facebook posts on here you just right click on the time stamp for the post, then click "copy link address" and paste it here. That is of course using a desktop computer and chrome. Not sure on mobile.

Facebook link isn't working, but to share facebook posts on here you just right click on the time stamp for the post, then click "copy link address" and paste it here. That is of course using a desktop computer and chrome. Not sure on mobile.
I tried it, but it's still not working. It may be due to the closed group that post is from. :crazy: Thanks anyway for the tip.

2nd purchase of the year, 2nd one I was not expecting to get, cuz I sure didn't know about it!

International%2BScout%2B4x4%2B%25282017%2BDiscovery%2BShark%2BWeek%2529.jpg

2017 Discovery Shark Week
International Scout 4x4

There was a Tacoma some of y'all might like.

Those "doors" were actually a factory item.
I didn't know that, but the real life is Scout is attractive. We all like them. That Matchbox.... *vomits*
Call me when they do a Breaking Bad diorama. :dopey:
That is horrible. Drug's bad, okay? Seriously though, I hope they actually up their quality with these, but I'm not holding my breath. Their QC's so bad, I'm close to coming up with a nickname for them.

Last time, I posted three GreenLight diorama with same bus in all three sets coming off the chassis. This is the one I saw more recently:

DSC_0143.JPG

Their assemblers have something against VW Buses. lol
You know it!

I know my new car postings have been few and far between, but I think I can get a free pass for not having even half the budget some here have. Seriously, might wallets lurk here, and they show their power quite well...

That aside, I did buy another 1/64 car today. What was supposed to be a simple groceries trip with my mother turned out to be a scale model trap when our search for lighters took us to the nearby toy store in my local town. The store manager warned me he had some new brands in stock, and well;
SAM_1957.JPG
SAM_1958.JPG
SAM_1959.JPG
SAM_1961.JPG
SAM_1963.JPG

Result! A Norev Simca 1000 Rallye 2(:the bungaloo). To be fair, my Simca knowledge is barren at best, but this lime green machine still stood out enough for me to buy it, haha. Besides, I didn't have any Simca scale models, so this fits the bill quite nicely.
A couple of details are nice; the headlights are plastic pieces, and the paint quality is pretty nifty. As an addition, the box is see through on the back, so you can look at both sides of the car without having to take it out the box. Although I would've preferred it to be see through on the front and rear ends of the car, because those are where the different ends meet, it's a cool touch.

What's not so cool is that the taillights aren't plastic pieces, they're painted onto the car. Minus 5 @a6m5 points! :lol: Plus, there is clearly a space on the front end where the Simca badge should go, but it has nothing written on it. I mean, if you go through the trouble to add the gazelle (?) decals on the side, why not follow that through...?

Last edited:
Lmao. :lol:👍 I actually love it. Plus, taillights doesn't bother me as much as the headlights. Painted headlights seems to hit/miss heavily by my observation.

Well, then I guess it's plus 5 @a6m5 points for the Simca. :sly: :lol:

Joke aside, is that so? Do you believe painted taillights tend to be done better than headlights in these smaller scale models...?

take it from a Scout owner... the Matchbox scout is POO! you'd think they could have atleast picked 1 of the actuall grills to replicate.. not a hybrid of 2 generations that neither went with the generation of actual truck

Joke aside, is that so? Do you believe painted taillights tend to be done better than headlights in these smaller scale models...?
While I'd be happier to see both front & rear in resin/plastic, for me personally, impact is definitely bigger on the front. Can't explain, but it's just how they look to me.
That Simca's a neat one. If they're rebranding older models, perhaps you may be able to locate this one:
:drool:

Got my mail-in Datsun 510 today. Which is good, because the tracking number they gave me was no good and I was about to contact them about it.

take it from a Scout owner... the Matchbox scout is POO! you'd think they could have atleast picked 1 of the actuall grills to replicate.. not a hybrid of 2 generations that neither went with the generation of actual truck

Grille looks OK to me
IMG_0988.JPG

That Simca's a neat one. If they're rebranding older models, perhaps you may be able to locate this one:

Simca%2B1000%2BRallye%2B(2014%2BRacing%2BRetro).jpg

Simca%2B1000_red3.jpg

Well, that one I wasn't aware of, but I'll do some searching and see if Norev ever gets around to re-release that version of the Simca. Mine belongs to something called the "Retro" line, part of a collection which features other classic cars such as the Alpine A110 and the Peugeot 205 GTI. Perhaps a racing Simca can fall along those lines...? I sure wouldn't mind, the paintjob on your "Monte Carlo Special" is as lovely as the Rallye colors. 👍

One thing I didn't mention about the moment when I bought the Simca was that the store manager told me that the Retro box he had received was "botched" somewhat. Apparently it was supposed to include a scale model of the Renault 4L, but instead it had many repeated models (something like 5 or 6 Simcas, for example)...

While I'd be happier to see both front & rear in resin/plastic, for me personally, impact is definitely bigger on the front. Can't explain, but it's just how they look to me.

Ah, I see, fair enough. I guess I'm a bit of an "all-round" kind of person when it comes to visual impact. I like my cars to be somewhat even in all areas...

You know what's funny? This whole time I thought the International Scout 4x4 was a fantasy casting. Tis a game changer.

Back