1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,412 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Wow! :eek: You guys have hauled in some heavy hitters today!

To add salt in the wound, I've currently got bids for the AirCooled Bug and Porker for £11.50 each. You guys have just got the pegs filled for $3.50.:indiff:

Funny enough this sort of aligns with my FB group organising a mass messenger drop to MATTEL (US) in the week. We were getting stock replies but UK FB doesn't even reply much and even more generic.

We're not gonna smash the system but it was cathartic at least, with this years car culture series all being fantastic, this one another bomb, it's getting a little beyond the pail for us here in Blighty. Especially as they're Motorsport inspired.

Anyway, here's my habitual haul shots.

Another Cobra and some other bits, then what I got from opening the first F case I've seen (love my ASDA lady she was on holiday when the dump bin dropped, so..timing), that was at 11:00 last night, so that case is done for me, except if I see a gold NSX.
Stuff on left is mine (all I want from the case) the rest is the missus'sssss.
I've created a monster, hot trucks now. So...timing:indiff:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

And I was wondering if they were going to stop manufacturing 1/64s! Good to know they are back. 👍

BTW, is there any news regarding the TLV Mazda racecar (presumably the 787B)? I'm still waiting for it.
Just that original teaser's all I've seen.

Jada uses "1:64" very loosely. Hopefully those wheels fill out those fenders more than the prototype.
I doubt that they are even a "big" 1/64. They call them that, but man, they are big & bulky!

As for that prototype, I actually like the balance between the wheels & body. :P

Mutley-Laughing.gif

Seriously, cool model. The surfboard in the back is a nice touch. 👍
EDIT: Just now discovered a paint chip in the 88, so I guess I'll make the best out of it and turn it into a custom raced version. :indiff:

Hack the front right corner off and make it into a custom of Dale's car from Daytona yesterday. :dopey:
Tomy Mall Original Premium Nissan Skyline HT 2000 Turbo RS

Why can't that be a regular release? Love the silver. :drool:

Made my monthly visit to Walmart, there's still only stuff from December. Woot- didn't have to spend a dollar! Boo- not a single find.

So I don't get banned for being off-topic:
Ayyy I don't have to report you now

I like compact rectangular convertibles. Great buy!

Tell me more. Plz.

JDM 510s had all sorts of decorative trim panels between the taillights, differing between years and trim levels.
IMG_0823.JPG

US cars just had a blank space where it would have been.
IMG_0822.JPG

Because all their JDM castings are designed to accept the trim panel, TLV was forced to install one, painting it body color to approximate the correct look. However, if you know your 510s, it doesn't quite look right.

That boy is way too big to be held like that, but I totally see what you are saying. 👍 Does the mom have 7 foot wingspan, or is this some kind of optical illusion?

That boy is way too big to be held like that, but I totally see what you are saying. 👍 Does the mom have 7 foot wingspan, or is this some kind of optical illusion?

If he's still around, that boy is pushing 60.

Back