1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,425 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
I had a grand total of about 30 1:64s of all types in my hands today, including a complete Beatles set (same as posted by a6 above) but in the end I came away with just this one. 2016 Jamie Baby Big Mac McMurray :dopey: Darlington throwback.

20170320_212813.jpg

If it's any consolation the card was bent at all four corners with one just barely hanging on. On top of that the one tire was partially off the rim. :indiff:
I'd have jumped at that one, Johnny. Then I'd have guarded it all the way to the self-checkout register like my life depended on it. :lol:

I checked eBay earlier & the going rate is $10 + $5(or so) shipping. *insert every anti-scalper rant*

Quick photo I took to show that it does along with a size comparison.

Really cool that the cars come with it, nice touch.

Looks great and a big thanks for taking that picture. Much appreciated. 👍
(HUGE fan of the Beatles)

They're some sort of band, right? :P

Sucks big time that you weren't able to get the Hauler to complete the set. Still, cool scores. 👍

Last edited:
I want to be cool, but I can't find one!
To put it in perspective, I'm seeing several here, but not a single Supra.. not that I want one though.
I also can not find that Bluebird. My Walmart sucks so hard.
I think I just got really lucky. The only Track day we'll typically find if there are any are the Chevelle and Corvette. This was a lonesome one sitting by the Hot Trucks and Star Wars.

Perhaps a dude hid it and one of the other ladies found it lying out of place and diligently put it on the peg..... when suddenly AOS came walkin' along and noticed something he'd never thought he'd ever see

SVX
$10 bucks is about RRP for something like that here. :(
RRP?
They're some sort of band, right? :P
The band that will find you. Watch your back.
Sucks big time, that you weren't able to get the Hauler to complete the set. Still, cool scores. 👍
I am glad I was able to find the Paul Walker Supras. To be honest, I didn't think I'd find any Beatles cars or the Supras. White Album Hiway Hauler would've been a home run though(no baseball jokes plz, just watched Netherlands get eliminated :().
To put it in perspective, I'm seeing several here, but not a single Supra.. not that I want one though.
It's like everybody except me has those Z's. I follow lot of Japanese collectors, and while they battle similar problems with resellers, even they've been able to find those cars. I might have to go on a hunt one of these days, just for those two white hot wheels. Hiway Hauler & the Z. :lol:
I think I just got really lucky. The only Track day we'll typically find if there are any are the Chevelle and Corvette. This was a lonesome one sitting by the Hot Trucks and Star Wars.

Perhaps a dude hid it and one of the other ladies found it lying out of place and diligently put it on the peg..... when suddenly AOS came walkin' along and noticed something he'd never thought he'd ever see
:lol:👍

I think I've accidentally found the car this one guy stashed before(same Walmart). I was looking in the other toy aisle for de nephews, but as I enter the aisle, this guy was pacing out of there while glancing back at me. I then spot a rare coveted mainline(I forget which) in the random row of small toy baskets. I effing take it.

I then see him going through the Hot Wheels, then back to that same aisle from earlier. I was like:

6655965953_591c7a061b_b.jpg

:lol:

Anyone know what this is on the back and on the headlights of the premium countach? Looks kinda like a North Korea flag but not completely.
AirBrush_20170321005515.jpg

AirBrush_20170321140000.jpg

Took some photos of the other Tomica's I got yesterday. I made a basic photo booth but not sure about the background I'm using.
I was forced to buy it. :dopey:
AirBrush_20170321005450.jpg

Really liking this Lexus that I remember from GT6.
AirBrush_20170321005708.jpg

SLS
AirBrush_20170321005646.jpg

I don't like this premium that much honestly.
AirBrush_20170321005622.jpg

This one is pretty nice, looks better than the blue v-spec one I have imo.
AirBrush_20170321005604.jpg

IMG_20170321_135315.JPG
Finally found the Tacoma. Decided to pull the trigger on the Porsche, too. And the bolt action rifle you see behind it. :D
SVX
New Zealander to YOU
I'm sorry man. It won't happen again. Unless I forget
:lol:
VXR
My work put out some new strips today. Ones I'd had for a good four months haha.
I have stores like yours in my area.... I guess better than stores that doesn't restock at all. :grumpy: :D
Go home, you're drunk. :lol:
It takes..... THE CAKE.
Today's arrivals:
That taxi's the bomb.
North Korea flag
Make sure it doesn't try to assassinate you at night. :lol:

The band that will find you. Watch your back.

Zombie John Lennon is coming after me?

:scared: :lol:
If I have to pay a scalper for the Hiway Hauler, I'll pretend I'm an Aussie. :D

You can realistically pretend to be Australian by finding a scalper that's asking at least double that. :lol:

Cool score on the Tacoma. 👍
Today's arrivals:

Very nice. 👍

I think I've accidentally found the car this one guy stashed before(same Walmart). I was looking in the other toy aisle for de nephews, but as I enter the aisle, this guy was pacing out of there while glancing back at me. I then spot a rare coveted mainline(I forget which) in the random row of small toy baskets. I effing take it.

I then see him going through the Hot Wheels, then back to that same aisle from earlier. I was like:

I'm just like.. "why don't you just buy it instead of worrying about someone else grabbing it first"

Did I finally get the mail-in Datsun 510!?

0.jpg

00.jpg

Third time's the charm!!!!
Zombie John Lennon is coming after me?
I love zombies....
But you already know that. :lol:
You can realistically pretend to be Australian by finding a scalper that's asking at least double that. :lol:

Cool score on the Tacoma. 👍
Scalper problems really are everywhere. Saw Japanese tweet mentioning how Japanese Toys R Us had limit on one specific model per customer, total of 3 cars, 5 cars, or something like that. But they said even then, there were cheaters getting around the limit. :crazy:

I haven't taken a good look at the Tacoma yet, but I can't wait!
I'm just like.. "why don't you just buy it instead of worrying about someone else grabbing it first"
It's a dollar car. Why take the risk? :crazy:

I'd have jumped at that one, Johnny. Then I'd have guarded it all the way to the self-checkout register like my life depended on it. :lol:

I checked eBay earlier & the going rate is $10 + $5(or so) shipping. *insert every anti-scalper rant*
I just realized I never replied to this. :lol:

But anyway I've been severely lacking in interest in Hot Wheels and Matchbox lately. To the point where I'd be perfectly fine with quitting cold turkey on buying them. Plus I was looking at $25 for all of them and I wasn't really sure if I was at my last stop when I saw the set. So with that in mind I just chose to drop $5 on my McMurray car.

I just realized I never replied to this. :lol:

But anyway I've been severely lacking in interest in Hot Wheels and Matchbox lately. To the point where I'd be perfectly fine with quitting cold turkey on buying them. Plus I was looking at $25 for all of them and I wasn't really sure if I was at my last stop when I saw the set. So with that in mind I just chose to drop $5 on my McMurray car.
I know the feeling. I've certainly lost little passion here as well. Non-stop rapid recolor/retread releases by the likes of Hot Wheels & GreenLight, price surge by Tomica Limited Vintage, etc., etc. They still have some great stuff in between, but it's lost some excitement for me.
Tomica #60 Isuzu Elf Vehicle Transporter
I also went for both, if just for the classic Isuzus featured in the back. Great pics as usual. 👍

Third time's the charm!!!!

No Toyota pickup? Frick. :P :lol:

Seriously, nicely done. 👍
I love zombies....
But you already know that. :lol:

All too well. :lol:👍
Scalper problems really are everywhere. Saw Japanese tweet mentioning how Japanese Toys R Us had limit on one specific model per customer, total of 3 cars, 5 cars, or something like that. But they said even then, there were cheaters getting around the limit. :crazy:

They always manage to find a way around it, don't they? :rolleyes:

:lol:👍

Back