1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Toyota%2BOff%2BRoad%2BTruck%2B%25282017%2BSpeed%2BGraphics%2529.jpg

2017 Speed Graphics Toyota Baja Truck

Ford%2B1956%2BCustom%2BTruck%2B%25282017%2BHot%2BTrucks%2529.jpg

Custom56%2BFord%2BTruck_1.jpg

Custom56%2BFord%2BTruck_2.jpg

2017 Hot Trucks Custom '56 Ford Truck

Normally ain't a fan of this but that primer grey and new wheels did me IN.

Should probably lower that baby all the way.

I am getting more in to car photography (in the real world) and have been practicing the different 'panning' techniques, using manual settings, aperture, iso, increased shutter speed, continuous focus etc. These model cars are helping me get the car wheels moving and the background blurred. It is harder with real cars as you only get one chance! but i think it brings the model cars to life a little so I thought I would share a few in here as it seemed the right thread for the model cars (minus the Driver) ;)

Last edited:
I know the feeling. I've certainly lost little passion here as well. Non-stop rapid recolor/retread releases by the likes of Hot Wheels & GreenLight, price surge by Tomica Limited Vintage, etc., etc. They still have some great stuff in between, but it's lost some excitement for me.
I'm honestly tempted to sell everything I have and give it up. It just feels like it isn't worth it anymore.

I'm honestly tempted to sell everything I have and give it up. It just feels like it isn't worth it anymore.

I'm in the middle of selling off everything, with the exception of some Auto Worlds and my Hot Wheels SCCA Historic Trans Am collection. Still looking for a TLV Porsche 911S (I want a second to pair with the blue one on pre-order).

I haven't necessarily lost the passion, it's just the empty pegs and insane secondary prices make it ridiculously more expensive than it has to be. I wish I could get back all the JDM cars and variations I sold a couple years ago in a heartbeat, but it was just insanely stupid how hard it was to acquire anything of retail price or at all. I just buy whatever now that I think is cool (just bought the blue Best Of 2017 Matchbox Lamborghini Miura off eBay last night) and ignore the things I really want to collect. :(

That said, if I ever win the lottery you guys are welcome to come visit my diecast museum as I will be buying all my old cars back and then some. :P

If I'm not there the day any store puts new cars out on the pegs I can't find much that I want to have anymore and it's making me lose a lot of interest.

I'd keep just good one's, gift the Vintage Racing Datsun to a6m5, and sell the rest.
If I'm not there the day any store puts new cars out on the pegs I can't find much that I want to have anymore and it's making me lose a lot of interest.
True to a degree anywhere I'm sure. But I keep checking. :P. Finally found the Z on my lunchbreak today :

IMG_20170322_134651.JPG

Most of them are for my friend, coworkers & De nephews.

I'm in the middle of selling off everything, with the exception of some Auto Worlds and my Hot Wheels SCCA Historic Trans Am collection. Still looking for a TLV Porsche 911S (I want a second to pair with the blue one on pre-order).
Those SCCA cars are pretty nice. I haven't seen the 911S yet.
I haven't necessarily lost the passion, it's just the empty pegs and insane secondary prices make it ridiculously more expensive than it has to be. I wish I could get back all the JDM cars and variations I sold a couple years ago in a heartbeat, but it was just insanely stupid how hard it was to acquire anything of retail price or at all. I just buy whatever now that I think is cool (just bought the blue Best Of 2017 Matchbox Lamborghini Miura off eBay last night) and ignore the things I really want to collect. :(

That said, if I ever win the lottery you guys are welcome to come visit my diecast museum as I will be buying all my old cars back and then some. :P
For me it's a matter of there being a lot of things diecast wise I'd rather have, such as more larger scale cars. And of course the pegs and prices don't help for me either.
I'd keep just good one's, gift the Vintage Racing Datsun to a6m5, and sell the rest.
I have a lot of good ones which adds to my little dilemma. And as for the Datsun, she ain't going anywhere anytime soon. :D

Has anyone had direct buying experience - or heard about - eBay seller jp-time.club? The seller is based out of Japan.

Checked some of their diecast for sale and they have the most outrageous prices I have ever seen -- even more than HK sellers.
IMG_1228.jpg

IMG_1229.jpg

I have a lot of good ones which adds to my little dilemma. And as for the Datsun, she ain't going anywhere anytime soon. :D
I'm trying to help you man!

:lol:
Has anyone had direct buying experience - or heard about - eBay seller jp-time.club? The seller is based out of Japan.
Nope.
Plot twist. @a6m5 actually doesn't have any nephews. He uses "nephews" as an excuse to validate buying so many cars for himself. :dopey:
And mostly fantasy cars! :lol:
Checked some of their diecast for sale and they have the most outrageous prices I have ever seen -- even more than HK sellers.
Some of the worst are the Japanese sellers, when it comes to TLVs on eBay. Seen them on Amazon too, probably also out of Japan. I don't really understand the point, unless they are fishing for collectors who are absolutely clueless on the going-rate...... but I'm pretty sure nobody ever fall for those prices. :crazy:

Proud of you for being able to identify that.

Yes, boy! You are seeing the light.

Just be extra picky wth what you get.
I get really picky with tools to the point it's borderline OCD. I guess with what you said being stated, it's time to do that with diecast as I thought I was already being picky enough. :lol::lol:

Yeah I'm going to continue shopping locally only for HW/MBX as much as possible, and if I miss a case, I miss it.

I'd still shop online for Kyoshobeans, but it seems Kyosho hasn't put much time into releasing stuff lately.

Also, those damn Bugzees from Amiami STILL isn't here yet! TF! They've already got GT-Rs released, and here the NSX is still in development?!

Back