1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
EDIT: still doesn't show it very well, but I can't get any better results.

Okay, I can definitely see what you mean now. That's a really poor effort, the wings don't even look like they belong on the car. :crazy:

Tomica #6 Subaru BRZ

IMG_3902.JPG

Tomica Toyopet Chiba 60th Anniversary Toyota Corona Mark Ⅱ 1900 HT SL

IMG_3913.JPG

The spoiler should be plastic so different paint finishing.

Thing is, their previous R35's also had plastic spoilers, but not the paint-matching problem.
Issues like this seem to be the new trend, along with the "customer is expected to attach the smaller parts we used to install" phenomenon.
Yeah, not really a big deal in the overall scheme of things, but the prices haven't gone down either.

@domalorite Yellow BRZ looks awesome! 👍
Thing is, their previous R35's also had plastic spoilers, but not the paint-matching problem.
Issues like this seem to be the new trend, along with the "customer is expected to attach the smaller parts we used to install" phenomenon.
Yeah, not really a big deal in the overall scheme of things, but the prices haven't gone down either.
I've never paid attention to spoiler paint job, and I've yet to see the new GT-R, but some of you may remember I have problem with this Tomytec cost cutting as well. What gets me is how they arguably had the worst bang-for-the-buck to begin with, then last year or two, TLV collectors has seen one of the highest price hike in the hobby, same time they are giving us unbelievably user-unfriendly mirrors & spoilers we have to install ourselves.

Of course, I also have my personal TLV beef with their cheap, undetailed wheels. $5 cars shouldn't have wheels that looks more realistic than $20 cars. :crazy:
On Thursday or Friday I bought my first Treasure Hunt in about a year, but didn't know it was one until seconds ago right after I uncarded it. Oh me. :lol:
Been wanting that one. I'd have uncarded mine by choice!

Been wanting that one. I'd have uncarded mine by choice!
It was going to end up uncarded anyway but I'm just slightly annoyed it had to turn out to be a TH. It's a basic one and I don't really care all that much because of that but I kinda wish I would've known first. :lol:

Mission successful. Only two on the pegs at a Target.
Not jealous at all. Not jealous. I just want them so bad.....
It was going to end up uncarded anyway but I'm just slightly annoyed it had to turn out to be a TH. It's a basic one and I don't really care all that much because of that but I kinda wish I would've known first. :lol:
Same end result, Johnny. Don't sweat it!

Went to my local Walmart to get some cleaning supplies and of course had to check the cars. They got some of the new Auto World cars in (same assortment with the new GT40's) but the only ones left were a silver '17 Mustang GT, blue Kingswood Estate and light blue '67 Mustang. So I snagged them, but this is a clear example of just how fast these things disappear from the pegs.

my area your lucky if the good ones ever touched the pegs in the first place...some old guy around here managed to bribe all the area managers to NOT put any out untill he's dug through the cases... *yes things have gotten physical over this twice (he started the physical part)

you're*

At this point, why do we choose to fight over toy cars with old single men? Wouldn't it seem like it's becoming less of a carefree hobby and more like a shackle nowadays?

you're*

At this point, why do we choose to fight over toy cars with old single men? Wouldn't it seem like it's becoming less of a carefree hobby and more like a shackle nowadays?

Definitely seems that way. There are a group of collectors at my local TRUs that I've seen multiple times tearing through boxes of diecast like heroin junkies in need of their next fix.

One among many reasons I've gravitated toward TLV releases. Can pre-order online, amazing quality, and not highly sought after in the states. A $20-30 TLV is easily a better choice than $20-30 of HW mainlines (to me, anyway, and this is not a knock on those that spend that amount - or more! - on mainlines; you do you!).

Certain TLV's have their own frenzy--witness the Nissan rollback or the 787B, both of which sold out in pre-order rather quickly.

Those really active hunters in my area, I think they are retired folks? They are in their 60's. I'm starting to see moms in there too. Not soccer mom's, but like "Walmart" moms in a bad way. :lol:
Get out!

Those really active hunters in my area, I think they are retired folks? They are in their 60's. I'm starting to see moms in there too. Not soccer mom's, but like "Walmart" moms in a bad way. :lol:

Get out!

Not sure about elsewhere, but JapanBooster ran out almost immediately and later added more stock via email notification.

Certain TLV's have their own frenzy--witness the Nissan rollback or the 787B, both of which sold out in pre-order rather quickly.

Not ones I am interested, but your point stands. At least no one is throwing elbows in a bid to acquire them!

TLVs have risen in demand after ThatLamleyGroup spoke word about it years ago.

I'm sure most of us initially gained exposureofthe brand thanks to him.

I don't think it's that bad here in my corner of England, it's more that they just don't restock often enough. I've literally raided the dump bin at work of any goodness and not one bloody Super in there.

the first time he walked out of the back room with a cartload... I complained about it rather loud but kept clean.. a few minutes while I'm digging in a dump bin I got bulldozed by the old man with his cartload (now bagged and receipted from the electronics counter), I stood up and shoved his cart down a vacant isle for witch he tackled me.
the 2nd time I had just plucked a Chevroletor TH off the rack and hear "How did I miss that" as a fist hits my jaw... when I spit my molar out I lost it...

the first time he walked out of the back room with a cartload... I complained about it rather loud but kept clean.. a few minutes while I'm digging in a dump bin I got bulldozed by the old man with his cartload (now bagged and receipted from the electronics counter), I stood up and shoved his cart down a vacant isle for witch he tackled me.
the 2nd time I had just plucked a Chevroletor TH off the rack and hear "How did I miss that" as a fist hits my jaw... when I spit my molar out I lost it...

Somalia, I take it?

Like I said, when are we going to be the bigger people and let go of this toy car hunting thing?

Also, you going to sue that guy's ass, right?

I think hot wheels hunting's all good. Like with everything, people are generally nice. I've had TH's offered to me by those hoarder/scalper types, I've offered my duplicates to other dudes looking through the pegs. Maybe it's a West Coast thing I dunno.
Still better than MC5's, J5's or even MD's. I wish they used them more often.
Without pictures I have no idea. :P

Back