1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,412 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
On the way home.

0.JPG

So happy I finally got the orange FuguZ & the white Datsun 620 truck. Been on a lookout for the Ford GT race car for me & that spaceship thing for de nephews, too. Batmobile was a surprise. I was going to take one for de nephews, but it looks so slick, I took one for myself as well. On the fence about the black Camaro.... nah, I'm keeping that one, too. Not even a fan of the car, but that is one REALLY good looking hot wheel car. 👍

Edit: Just posted on my blog.

000.JPG

0000000000.JPG

GreenLight Ron Jon Surf Shop VW T2 Double Cab Pickup

Last edited:
You fool! You should've bought the Hachiroku! Making history as the first GTP member to post an personally-owned Itasha scale model (probably)!

Kakashi-san, I'm disappoint. Nazedesuka...? :lol:

Itasha ga DAIKIRAI! :lol:

I am not too fond of the Itasha culture, and the boxy shape of the Hachiroku doesn't fare too well with those anime liveries.

Itasha literally means "pain car". :lol:

I am not too fond of the Itasha culture, and the boxy shape of the Hachiroku doesn't fare too well with those anime liveries.

Demo...! :(

Ah, I kid. :lol:

It's understandable that some don't enjoy this kind of livery in cars, especially if the shape of the car in question doesn't merge well with the livery. In the case of the Lucky Star AE86, it looks like a scale model car that was had stickers put in it by a 6-year-old. Obviously that last part means it's not a flattering comment about the quality of the thing... :lol:

I will say this; yes, the culture can be iffy (aren't most JDM car-centric cultures...?). But there are good works of art in the "pain car" category. The one you found just isn't one of them...

Joke aside, that is a nice truck (a tow truck?). The free keychain is just icing on the cake.
I guess Takara Tomy really wants their customers to display Tomica pride...? :lol:

It's one of the 5th Anniversary lottery prizes from 2009. Only 100 of each were awarded, and someone in Japan now has a bunch of my money.

IMG_1814.JPG

It's one of the 5th Anniversary lottery prizes from 2009. Only 100 of each were awarded, and someone in Japan now has a bunch of my money.

View attachment 647547

Well that explains the rarity of its sight, really. Such a strange prize list, though; two trucks and a keychain. Not much variety...

But looking at it, it ends up making sense in a twisted ironical manner; doesn't one have to spend a gigaton of money to win a real lottery...? Not much difference in this case... Just the (literal) size of the prize. :lol:

Well that explains the rarity of its sight, really. Such a strange prize list, though; two trucks and a keychain. Not much variety...

The castings aren't unique--the gimmick was the chrome finish. There were a total of four, spread out through the entire year:

IMG_2027.JPG

That gen Nissan Gloria is one of those celebrated cars in Japan and the standard castings already go for a lot. I can only imagine how insane the price would be if a prize car ever came up for sale.

I don't even want to begin to think about how much that thing cost you. :crazy: :lol:

Awesome addition to the collection. 👍

Thanks. I wasn't sure about it until I saw someone selling the keychain alone for ¥25k. Then, the stupidly expensive truck suddenly seemed like a bargain :lol:

You fool! You should've bought the Hachiroku! Making history as the first GTP member to post an personally-owned Itasha scale model (probably)!

Kakashi-san, I'm disappoint. Nazedesuka...? :lol:
This can't be right, right Andy?

I don't either, but this one doesn't look bad. XD
OK, proof that I need help :lol:
When I saw this post on my lunchbreak, I think my exact words are "You gotta be ****ing ******** me!!!!!!". I like you, but you crazy.
Thanks. I wasn't sure about it until I saw someone selling the keychain alone for ¥25k. Then, the stupidly expensive truck suddenly seemed like a bargain :lol:
It's okay, we won't judge. You should tell us how much. :P

Can I feature your photos on my blog? I envy oh so strongly..... :embarrassed::drool: I've never seen such clear photos of them before. Amazing.

When I saw this post on my lunchbreak, I think my exact words are "You gotta be ****ing ******** me!!!!!!". I like you, but you crazy.

It gets worse. I bought the fire engine too as part of the same deal. Had it shipped separately to avoid the USPS potentially destroying both in one go.

Can I feature your photos on my blog? I envy oh so strongly..... :embarrassed::drool: I've never seen such clear photos of them before. Amazing.

Not a problem. I can probably get some better ones later. There was also a winner's notification letter in Japanese that I forgot to photograph.

It gets worse. I bought the fire engine too as part of the same deal. Had it shipped separately to avoid the USPS potentially destroying both in one go.
Oh.... lord......
Not a problem. I can probably get some better ones later. There was also a winner's notification letter in Japanese that I forgot to photograph.
Awesome. Let me know when you got some pictures. Thank you for letting me feature it. These are the craziest coolest TLVs!!

Well, this was a surprise today. They were only shipped out last Thursday. :crazy:

DSC01040.JPG

TLV Mazda Cosmo Sport and Honda S600 Coupe.

Thumbs up to TomyTec on the Cosmo, they nailed it. The detailing is just superb.

As much as I'd love a TLV keychain. I don't want one that badly. Ridiculous. :lol:
It gets worse. I bought the fire engine too as part of the same deal.

:crazy:

Nice! 👍

Last edited:
Well, this was a surprise today. They were only shipped out last Thursday. :crazy:

View attachment 647646

TLV Mazda Cosmo Sport and Honda S600 Coupe.

Thumbs up to TomyTec on the Cosmo, they nailed it. The detailing is just superb.

As much as I'd love a TLV keychain. I don't want one that badly. Ridiculous. :lol:

:crazy:

Nice! 👍
IMO the Honda looks way cooler and detailed haha.

This can't be right, right Andy?

What's not right, Bonsai-jiisan? The "making history" bit...? Just wondering, that's all.

And @Spacegoat, I have no favorite in those two buys you made. But that's not because they're both bad, mind you. In fact, it's the exact opposite; they're both great in their own right. The Cosmo has a detailed engine bay, but the color looks... I dunno, strange. Perhaps it's a lighting thing, perhaps it's not, but I feel the color not as white as it's supposed to be. I wouldn't say the Honda surpasses the Mazda in terms of detail, they're evenly matched for me, but the paint looks slightly nicer in it than it does in the Cosmo.

These are my five cents on the matter, anyway. They're both worthy of being labled as top-notch Tomytec products. I'd go for the Mazda just because it's my personal favorite, color issues notwithstanding...

Back