1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,431 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
My surprise was that I, here in Melbourne found the whole Race Day set in a toy shop. With probably more than 10x complete sets.

I bought one set, and a couple of spare RX3 and 962's.

Some people even grab them off kids.
*adjusts sombrero*

Edit: what I got.

View attachment 651258

One RX3 to have loose and a spare if anyone wants it. That many 962 for wheels/if anyone needs it. NOT FOR SCALPING.

I should stress that the shop I went to had at least 20 of EACH car. At least.
WHERE WHERE WHERE

I am really bad at taking my own advice.

At least i got this though :D

20170605_200743.jpg

I think I'll swing by Kroger on lunch for Sushi + those Race Day cars. I'm also stopping by Walmart on the way home, so maybe I'll get lucky....

Edit: Pegs were packed! Packed with garbage from a couple to several months ago, stuff that nobody bought when they were new. Pretty typical stuff around here. :(

Last edited:
Toy World Epping. I'd be surprised if many are left.
That's not too far away from me. I might go down and check it out. But if that fails, I'll try Harbour Town - it's pretty quite down there, and the selection of diecast vehicles is insane.

That's not too far away from me. I might go down and check it out. But if that fails, I'll try Harbour Town - it's pretty quite down there, and the selection of diecast vehicles is insane.
That's not too bad then, good luck. I know the Toy World at Epping has scalpers frequent it. I'm not one but I know it's notorious for it. I honestly think I got there just as they put the stock out.

As usual, no luck at all on the Race Day cars. Good day for my de nephews though:

00.JPG

Actually, anybody know if these cars will count towards the Wonder Woman invisible jet? If they do, it's not all loss. :D

P.S. I got SPECTACULAR addition to my Hot Wheels collection tonight, but from eBay. It's very limited, but only @Cano might actually appreciate it, and that's after he yells at me for throwing around too much money. :lol: I can't wait to show it, hopefully sometime this week!

Oh come on! You can't leave us hanging like that. :crazy: :lol:
It's worth the wait, plus it's something that's been around for long time anyway. Also, I really don't think anybody here would be that passionate about this particular casting, except for me & maybe Cano. It's Hot Wheels. It's Japanese. It wasn't cheap. It'll be in this thread really soon.

:P

My guess was way off. :lol:

Purple Merc would probably have to be my pick out of the two. They're both super sweet though. Cool score. 👍

Peer pressure, ftw. :lol:👍
That would be a yes & yes. :lol:👍

P.S. I won't complain about the L.A. Customs anymore. :(

Capture.PNG

Back