1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Latest arrival. @a6m5 will have the rest of the pics later.

IMG_7275.JPG

I want these soo badly but I don't think I'll get them for a while...:indiff:
My surprise was that I, here in Melbourne found the whole Race Day set in a toy shop. With probably more than 10x complete sets.

I bought one set, and a couple of spare RX3 and 962's.

Found a DB5, 911 GT3 RS and a Gulf Corvette during a buy 2 get 1 promo :D. The store also has a Challenger Hellcat and a red Delorean but ultimately i settled on those 3.

Will post pics later.

New finds from Thursday. I would have a black Kafer Racer to go with the one here, but someone at TRU stole it out of my cart last time I was there. Haven't seen one since.

View attachment 651226
The hell ? People did that for a HW ?

Some people even grab them off kids.
*adjusts sombrero*

Edit: what I got.

2017-06-04 17.37.48.jpg

One RX3 to have loose and a spare if anyone wants it. That many 962 for wheels/if anyone needs it. NOT FOR SCALPING.

I should stress that the shop I went to had at least 20 of EACH car. At least.

Last edited:
The hell ? People did that for a HW ?
It took me ten minutes to realize that I wasn't losing my 🤬 and it actually happened. Found out for sure because a man said he saw it happen and looking for a replacement for me.
I wouldn't steal most cars..... Right Jarrod?

:P

I just finished posting @GroupB 's blue chrome TLV Nissan Diesel truck. He now has three out of four super rare 5-Year chrome TLVs. :embarrassed:

View attachment 651256 View attachment 651255 View attachment 651254

Just unbelievable. These things are like the bigfoot of hot wheels/minicar collecting. Images alone of these chrome TLVs are rare. Thanks GroupB!! 👍
Oh my. :drool:
He did ask nicely. #Cano #VW #DragBus #Walmart #LOL #LOL
That may just be the single greatest story I've ever heard. :eek:

I should stress that the shop I went to had at least 20 of EACH car. At least.

Pics or it didn't happen lololololol

If I can't find the 962 or RX-3 today, I may ask for those. much are you paying for those? 5.99AUD?

Dear lord, stop teasing me with these Race Day cars!

In other news, my i8 by Tomica arrived yesterday, which was a pleasant surprise because the delivery estimate was anywhere from the 5th June to 3rd of July. I have to say, they captured the styling of it very well.

Just went to Walmart for some things and checked out the cars. Hot Wheels are still old as usual. Figures they got in some new Auto World's that I just bought off eBay. But while I was standing there I glanced down and saw a 500pc limited edition gold 1:24 M2 Plymouth Cuda staring right back at me. So it wasn't all bad.

Pics or it didn't happen lololololol

If I can't find the 962 or RX-3 today, I may ask for those. much are you paying for those? 5.99AUD?

'Kay, my Walmart had nothing at this time. Are you willing to grab a quote and possibly ship in the smallest box you can squeeze two cars into? Can be half-torn cards if need be.

Back