1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
I believe from reading the description, it's just a new nose added on. I was just struck by the fact that it wasn't simply a new paint job, but actually some different sheetmetal. I think some of the info on the real cars said they were based on a truck frame as well as having the truck engine. I also found out that the Tokyo police ran some experimental 2-door, 2-seat Crowns, which is pretty wild considering all civilian Crowns had 4 doors.

View attachment 666581
Now it's getting really crazy. :crazy: I did just get up on Tomytec page & it does mention the "truck" 6-cylinder engine, also "exclusive"(not "all-new") casting to recreate the longer nose.

Edit: I think I've posted this story before, but man.... Now, here's a dump bin:

Japan-Collectables-09.jpg

Last edited:
Now it's getting really crazy. :crazy: I did just get up on Tomytec page & it does mention the "truck" 6-cylinder engine, also "exclusive"(not "all-new") casting to recreate the longer nose.

Edit: I think I've posted this story before, but man.... Now, here's a dump bin:

Japan-Collectables-09.jpg

I miss Mike Garrett's collecting articles on Speedhunters. Sad that he doesn't work with them anymore.

Last edited:
You have never been more right. :eek:

There's a first time for everything. :lol:
Yay/nay/cray/touche?

Nay. Can't say that I'm a big fan of that livery.
so I'll be able to check this new casting in little over a year or so

Fixed for accuracy. J/k :P:tup:

Greatest shop, ever. :eek: How awesome is the claw machine? Also, I want a chocolate Hakosuka.

Last edited:
I used to like concept cars when I was younger, but these days, I've shifted towards vintage, classic vehicles. I still like most newer vehicle models, especially if the quality is high(Oversteer Mazdas, Enif Crown, Bugzees64, TLV-Neos, etc.).

So essentially you favour older cars in your scale model choices? Makes sense, considering all your latest purchases... TLV obviously doesn't help with all the awesome old cars it releases, which I'm sure pleases your Inspector Bonsai self. :sly: :lol:

Also, nice pair of Hondas. Personally I prefer the road version, as the racing livery doesn't quite strike a chord with me (needed more checkered patterns).
But we all know that there's only one small car in TLV's lineup that deserves to be treated as a legend, and that is of course the almighty Suzuki Alto (ain't that right @Johnny1996?)... :sly:

So essentially you favour older cars in your scale model choices? Makes sense, considering all your latest purchases... TLV obviously doesn't help with all the awesome old cars it releases, which I'm sure pleases your Inspector Bonsai self. :sly: :lol:
Older cars are so much more interesting. They aren't fuel efficient, as safe, nor powerful, but we don't drive these cars, so old is good here.
But we all know that there's only one small car in TLV's lineup that deserves to be treated as a legend, and that is of course the almighty Suzuki Alto (ain't that right @Johnny1996?)... :sly:
As much as I don't want to add to the Alto hype, those castings are so damn cool. 👍

Older cars are so much more interesting. They aren't fuel efficient, as safe, nor powerful, but we don't drive these cars, so old is good here.

I think that can be applied to most... no, all countries. Soon it'll become very difficult to drive old cars around with the draconian modern emission laws and the like, but we will still like them regardless. It's a general car fact of life, really...

As much as I don't want to add to the Alto hype, those castings are so damn cool. 👍

All of the TLV Suzuki castings are damm cool, I dare say. The Fronte, the Alto... There's just something cheerful and likeable about these old Suzukis. Regardless of them looking like small boxes or like small pieces of onigiri depending on the model... :lol:👍

This is right.
As is this.

Both of you guys need a reward or something. Shame that all I can do is be present in this thread and you can deal with my crazy ass. That'll be your reward. Forget the cars. :lol:

This is right.

As is this.

Both of you guys need a reward or something. Shame that all I can do is be present in this thread and you can deal with my crazy ass. That'll be your reward. Forget the cars. :lol:

I expected nothing less from GTP's biggest Suzuki Alto fan. That was the answer I saw coming.

Well, except the part about dealing with your crazy ass. I've seen worse prizes for contests, but I can also do without your crazy... you-know-what. Can the contestants exchange the prize should they win your "Awesome Alto Answer"? If it's not one of your cars, I'll gladly take Johnny's sense of humor... :lol:👍

All of the TLV Suzuki castings are damm cool, I dare say. The Fronte, the Alto... There's just something cheerful and likeable about these old Suzukis. Regardless of them looking like small boxes or like small pieces of onigiri depending on the model... :lol:👍
They are even neater in person. They are like super micro detailed "tiny" casting.
Yeah, keep us company & keep posting unique cars like you have been. :D I know that this community had controversial past about how this thread should be more about this, or that, but me personally, I don't want to see just what I'm collecting. I want to see everything in the general 1/64 scale, and without you, where would we get NASCARs & circle track race cars!? :lol:
Ooh, I forgot all about the white S800. How do you like that one? Pretty slick, right? The Dunlop one looks great too. 👍
I think they are both S600(confusing). Let me check.... Yep, Honda S600s!
The only thing that could possibly make it any cooler, would be if it was just filled with just these two models. :P :embarrassed:
I don't know why I clicked on it, because I knew what was there. It was unbearable.

Yeah, keep us company & keep posting unique cars like you have been. :D I know that this community had controversial past about how this thread should be more about this, or that, but me personally, I don't want to see just what I'm collecting. I want to see everything in the general 1/64 scale, and without you, where would we get NASCARs & circle track race cars!? :lol:
I feel the same way. This is one of my top favorite threads on this site and before I discovered this thread, I had no idea TLVs and such existed. It's cool to see what else is out there that maybe you didn't know about before.

It's the same car, right? Been wondering why they aren't advertising it as the Mad Max car....

It is. I'm guessing they maybe don't have the license to market it as Mad Max? I don't know, it's weird. :crazy:
I thought you'd have had yours by now. It's been about a week, hasn't it? :crazy:

Yeah, think it was shipped out the weekend before last? Normally it takes an order between one-two weeks (though I have had a couple take closer to three). So, this week sometime. Hopefully.

Finally filled out the Auto World display cases that adorn my work desk (apologies for the grainy image - can't keep a steady hand + low lighting). My goal with the display was to have only one model of each casting seen, in my favorite color scheme.

May have to add an extra level in the future with upcoming AW releases!

Attachments

• AW.jpg
    AW.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 19
Couple of interesting finds today.
20170815_162949.jpg

Found these in a rural general store, sitting on the pegs among other similarly old Hot Wheels. The Firebird is from 2002 and the Olds from 1999. The Olds also marks the first time I've found a car in a store that's older than me :lol:. Makes me wonder if the store owner was selling some personal stuff or if these have been waiting to be bought for almost two decades.

Back