1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
That Driftstar or whatever it's called.
0000000000.JPG

Mine was $20, shipped. :( That's a old one, Johnny!

Silly Space Goat Knight

Ooh, I'm a knight now? Sweet!
I also said that a few pages ago! It's far from an unpopular opinion from that alone...

Sorry, I clearly missed you saying that. It's a mildly unpopular then. :lol:

And double sorry, I've never heard of Chargeman Ken before (I can see what you're saying about the pattern though). But at the very least, Chargeman Ken sounds like an excellent new nickname for a certain a6m5. :dopey:
I can't imagine it being much larger though. It looks plenty big to me,but I don't remember the original car much at all, at least not in detail.

I can only go off the films but it looks a lot bigger to me.

Mad_Max2.jpg

Ooh, I'm a knight now? Sweet!

Well someone had to update your goat status, might as well be me... Firstly because if you take the "goat" off the nickname and spin it into Japanese, it becomes either the name of a Skyline variation or an anime. Depending on what the 2nd-to-last letter is (either "Tekkaman" for the anime, or "Tekkamen" for the Skyline R30 RS), that is...

But for now I shall stick to the former description, because it sounds fancy and silly. And you do make some pretty royal choices, so the shoe fits. :lol:

Sorry, I clearly missed you saying that. It's a mildly unpopular then. :lol:

And double sorry, I've never heard of Chargeman Ken before (I can see what you're saying about the pattern though). But at the very least, Chargeman Ken sounds like an excellent new nickname for a certain a6m5. :dopey:

There you go, gotta clarify things the right way. We're on the same unpopular boat, so we must stick together... :lol:

And it's ok if you never heard of Chargeman Ken before, it's as obscure as you can get with old Japanese animated series. The only reason people might hear about it is because of hilariously bad it all is, a case of "so bad it's good" territory... I must ask though, why would it make a good nickname for Inspector Bonsai jii-san? Because he charges ahead with purchases without thinking...? :dopey: :lol:

You trust a company that makes brand new products to make old products? :P
Not necessarily, but that really doesn't excuse it either. :crazy: There are plenty of decent examples out there.
I can only go off the films but it looks a lot bigger to me.
I just looked at my picture again, I agree with you.
Chargeman Ken sounds like an excellent new nickname for a certain a6m5. :dopey:
I must ask though, why would it make a good nickname for Inspector Bonsai jii-san? Because he charges ahead with purchases without thinking...? :dopey: :lol:
You guys are both on my list.
Yes, the 2006 and 2007 pairs are the exact same with just a different number and name. I couldn't be happier to have them.
I have three Focuses myself. Really nice CM's. 👍

And you do make some pretty royal choices, so the shoe fits. :lol:

I guess if I'm a knight now, does that mean I've been knighted too? It's now Sir Spacegoat to you. J/k :lol:
I must ask though, why would it make a good nickname for Inspector Bonsai jii-san? Because he charges ahead with purchases without thinking...? :dopey: :lol:

That's perfect and so, so much better than the reasoning I had. :lol:👍 Just thought it sounded rather humorous.
More CM's? Yes.

Beautiful. Especially the 2007 pair, nice looking livery on those two. 👍
I just looked at my picture again, I agree with you.

You need to see the first two Mad Max films, if you haven't already.
You guys are both on my list.

Pretty sure that I'm a permanent fixture on that list by now. :lol:

That Johnny Lightning Texaco Tow Truck I bought, it turns out had I bought the "Mijo" exclusive, it would've been without the rust/distressed effect. Too late now. :crazy:
You need to see the first two Mad Max films, if you haven't already.
I've seen them at least couple of times. Good films, but I don't remember a whole lot, especially details on vehicles. :crazy:
Pretty sure that I'm a permanent fixture on that list by now. :lol:
At this rate, it would be named the "Jarrod Blank List" before too long!

"Who's on that list?"
"Who do you think!?" :lol:

P.S. Congrats on a "like" from Tomytec PR department. They must really appreciate it when somebody actually encourage sales of Prairie castings. :lol:

At this rate, it would be named the "Jarrod Blank List" before too long!

:lol:👍
P.S. Congrats on a "like" from Tomytec PR department. They must really appreciate it when somebody actually encourage sales of Prairie castings. :lol:

Wait, is that really the TomyTec PR dept? I had no idea. Awesome! Though I'm guessing that they automatically like any retweet. :lol:

And fake news, the Prairie's are best sellers. I'm sure of this!

I guess if I'm a knight now, does that mean I've been knighted too? It's now Sir Spacegoat to you. J/k :lol:

No, you're Sir Space Goat Knight Spacegoat. You'd do well to remember your rank properly, Sir... :sly: :lol:

That's perfect and so, so much better than the reasoning I had. :lol:👍 Just thought it sounded rather humorous.

Well I thought that was your reasoning for it. Guess not... At least it made me join the prestigious Jarrod Blank List, so it's a win-win situation for me. :lol:👍

And yes, congrats on being noticed by Tomy's PR department, like Inspector Bonsai jii-san said. It's always good to see a foreigner's passion for JDM scale models being properly recognized... 👍

Man, while browsing for a Tomica Premium R30, i came across Greenlight Black Bandit Montecarlo SS, a bit cheaper than Tomica and now i can't choose. Anyone knows pros and cons of each manufacture? I never buy a Greenlight, though it's detail is decent imo.

Back