1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,425 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Looks like I'll have to hold out on the Civic then!

I take it you were allowed to set up an account on AmiAmi? Good stuff. đź‘Ť
Wouldn't fit inside the compartment for the cars!
Then store the cards somewhere else. It's not hard! đź’ˇ :P
Stop multi-tasking!

But then I'll go back to biting my finger nails again.

Actually I never stopped. :lol:

I will open it. I open everthing I buy.

One of the reasons I mainly collect Tomica’s is because 90% of them are standard boxes. Easy to open without damage and easy to store. I recently bought some HW Datsuns and already struggling where to put them. They take up so much space, and even more in their protector cases.
Same with GreenLight, Johnny Lightning type blisters. Remember what I said about keeping just your absolute favorites. If you are hurting for storage spaces, you don't want to get it out of hand! :D
Then store the cards somewhere else. It's not hard! đź’ˇ :P
That's like taking on whole another collection. No thank you. :nervous:
Actually I never stopped. :lol:
That's what I mean. Stop biting & focus on one task at hand: Fidget spinner(:yuck:). :lol:

Nice car.

IMG_20171018_160128.jpg

.......Exactly, that's why it uses gravity to create downforce! I said!

Fair+enough+_944e3e20861b7f61b1178afec264e442.png

Er... Actually, that is a rather sound principle. But I still think using it wouldn't be the best choice...

I wouldn't call it exactly that.

Well I've learned that in Japanese businesses people tend to ponder decisions for a long before and take even longer to execute them... But it was probably not the right thing to say there.

Those are the lines from that Miata video, it's the best.

It's number 1! Number 1! Chicago Cubs! Baby pictures! Number 1!

...did I fill the line quota?

Just to put the Hellcat towbar nonsense to bed before somebody starts believing it:

View attachment 681164

Well there you have it, Siku added an unncessary tow bar. Chalk it up to the "weird scale model details" list and let Inspector Bonsai think "Why not?" and eventually blowing up the engine trying one day... :lol:

That's pretty tame by Cano's standards.
Cano wouldn't harm a spider, true story.
Er... Actually, that is a rather sound principle. But I still think using it wouldn't be the best choice...
I understand.
Well I've learned that in Japanese businesses people tend to ponder decisions for a long before and take even longer to execute them... But it was probably not the right thing to say there.
Okay.
It's number 1! Number 1! Chicago Cubs! Baby pictures! Number 1!

...did I fill the line quota?
It's actually the Yankees,but yeah.
VXR
It's only Sharpie, but it looks cool enough.
Cool, but no close up please. :lol:
The obvious answer is: buy them loose. Duh.
Welcome to the thread.

Nice! I really like the green Woodie, yellow tanker and the Mercedes 2.6! Does the Benz have lace wheels? Also can you get separate pictures of the tanker and the Woodie?

That'll do! They both look really nice, especially tanker! (Yes I know these aren't your photos) I imagined the Benz had lace wheels, but I was curious if it was the European issue with 5SP's. Now that would be a find! :drool:

Shell truck. OMG. :drool:

That one in the pic was basically mint condition... with the exception of some kind of corrosion that had eaten the paint and finish of one side of the tank. Very sad. Ended up trading it at a meeting for something else, since I already had it in mint condition. Grabbed it because it was cheap and I knew I could sell it for a profit or use it as tradebait.

I imagined the Benz had lace wheels, but I was curious if it was the European issue with 5SP's. Now that would be a find! :drool:

Yeah, missing that one, predictably :/

That one in the pic was basically mint condition... with the exception of some kind of corrosion that had eaten the paint and finish of one side of the tank. Very sad. Ended up trading it at a meeting for something else, since I already had it in mint condition. Grabbed it because it was cheap and I knew I could sell it for a profit or use it as tradebait.
Have you opened a store yet? :lol:
Speaking of Mercedes 2.6, after looking on Hot Wheels Wikia, if what they say is true, my Hot Wheels Auto City Mercedes 2.6 is a European issue! And here I thought I didn't have any!
Is this really Hot Wheels? So much 80's goodness, but yeah, the wheels aren't what I'm used to. Then again, I don't even know what the Auto City is.

Have you opened a store yet? :lol:

Nope, but I've sold in the biggest diecast car fleamarket on the city. That must count for something.

Is this really Hot Wheels? So much 80's goodness, but yeah, the wheels aren't what I'm used to. Then again, I don't even know what the Auto City is.

It's an ex-Corgi casting still using Corgi wheels, heck, it may even say corgi on the base. Auto City was a lineup of cars and playsets based on ex-Corgi castings.

Is that a MR2 in front of the Woodie? :drool: Nice haul. đź‘Ť

Yep, Matchbox MR2 (not my pic):
mb163a.jpg

Nope, but I've sold in the biggest diecast car fleamarket on the city. That must count for something.
Good practice. :D
It's an ex-Corgi casting still using Corgi wheels, heck, it may even say corgi on the base. Auto City was a lineup of cars and playsets based on ex-Corgi castings.
Ah, I see. I don't recall ever seeing those wheels on hot wheels before, but I do remember you telling me about Ex-Corgi BMW 8 Series I have, with opening doors. Very cool. đź‘Ť

Was able to find the Renault 5 turbo from the current real rider series that’s out but I still haven’t found or seen the other 4 including the all black Mercedes and 911. I’ll post the pictures of them if and when I find them, might go looking after work on Friday.

I always did like the Mercedes 2.6. I bought my gold one almost 10 years ago and it still looks good!
Ah, I see. I don't recall ever seeing those wheels on hot wheels before, but I do remember you telling me about Ex-Corgi BMW 8 Series I have, with opening doors. Very cool. đź‘Ť
I think some Hot Wheels outside the Auto City line also used Corgi wheels.
It's an ex-Corgi casting still using Corgi wheels, heck, it may even say corgi on the base.
Mine doesn't, but some of my other castings in the Auto City series do.
IMG_2373[1].JPG
Like this Oil Refinery Truck is one of several that says Corgi. I think the later model Hot Wheels produced with 5SP's had Hot Wheels on the base.

IMG_2375[1].JPG
This Ford Transit van never even made it to the mainlines and it says Hot Wheels on the base. Mine isn't even documented on Hot Wheels Wikia yet.

IMG_2374[1].JPG

Not my photo, but even more weird, this F1 Race Car has Hot Wheels deco all over it, but it still says Corgi on the base! It's not the only one either....
F1racecarautocity.jpg

Point is, the Auto City series is a bit strange.

Find it weird that TLV haven't done an MR2 yet.
If TLV nailed the original MR2 casting, I would consider having their baby.
Was able to find the Renault 5 turbo from the current real rider series that’s out but I still haven’t found or seen the other 4 including the all black Mercedes and 911. I’ll post the pictures of them if and when I find them, might go looking after work on Friday.
Finally, finally, finally saw the latest Retro Entertainment locally for the first time. Only car I'm looking for: F&F R34 GT-Rs were all gone. I did find something cool though.

0.jpg

00.jpg

I'm not big on pop culture stuff, nor Mystery Machine, but this one was a must-have. I didn't even know these thing even existed until I saw them today. Had to pick up both they had, extra as wheelswap donor. Love these JDM rims(or whatever they are), nice paint on them, too. :embarrassed:
I think some Hot Wheels outside the Auto City line also used Corgi wheels.
They are weird. They scream not Hot Wheels. :lol:
Point is, the Auto City series is a bit strange.
Learned something today. đź‘Ť
Going off memory, they remind me so much of my Matchbox...... Hmm.... My memory wasn't that great. Looked identical in my head. :lol:

Last edited:
Back