1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,422 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
I don't think I shared these on here:

Auto World Chevy Kingswood
00000000000000000000000.JPG
0000000000000000.JPG

Still couldn't do the post on the RLC 510/Convention 510 tonight. Crazy day. Maybe tomorrow. :crazy:

Well you shared a Kingswood before, but definitely NOT this one... Thanks for reminding me of the car, the black casting looks amazing (and so does the "Lead Sled" one, but simplicity wins this time)! It's one of those castings I don't mind being used again and again, especially because it's not a car that gets much exposure... 👍

Well you shared a Kingswood before, but definitely NOT this one... Thanks for reminding me of the car, the black casting looks amazing (and so does the "Lead Sled" one, but simplicity wins this time)! It's one of those castings I don't mind being used again and again, especially because it's not a car that gets much exposure... 👍
-52 internet points for not using a Bellett on the back like you did with the original safety loader post. (:P) Otherwise, 👍.

Also, it seems I'm in the minority but I prefer the Lead Sled Kingswood over the plain black version. That M2 Charger as well. :drool:
They both are definitely worth the money IMO. However, I still prefer the original green w/wood on the side. :D

0000000.jpg

P.S. Safety Loader post was a afterthought. I'm kinda burned out on that casting(don't hit me Jarrodgi lol).

They both are definitely worth the money IMO. However, I still prefer the original green w/wood on the side. :D

0000000.jpg

P.S. Safety Loader post was a afterthought. I'm kinda burned out on that casting(don't hit me Jarrodgi lol).

There it is! The one that started it all... Such a lovely wagon, probably one of AW's best castings. For me it's a bit of a draw between dark Kingswood and green woddy Kingswood, as I adore woodies but also love black barges. Big Blck indeed, haha! We need a comparison post between all three Kings at one point, to see how the little details vary from wagon to wagon. Wouldn't that be a good idea, Inspector?
Also it surely takes the crown of best wagon evah from that other boxy wagon with crowns on its rims...

Hmm, I wonder if that last sentence will upset a certain someone... Crack open upside down Pandora's Box! :sly: :lol:

Apparently a lot of people are burned out on the rollback. The gray one did not take off the way the white one did, and you can still get them at a realistic price.

Apparently a lot of people are burned out on the rollback. The gray one did not take off the way the white one did, and you can still get them at a realistic price.

That did surprise me. I fully expected the grey one to go crazy just like the original white release did. :crazy:

That's because it reminds you of a certain other green wagon with wood on the side, right? :dopey:

In all seriousness. Wagons rock, period.
I don't even need to click on this. :lol:
How can you be burned out on the Safety Loader? There's only two of them!!
Way too much hype after the first one. :crazy:
Didn't know anything about this until I opened it up. A customised Kyosho. Looks great!
I've tried couple of these before, but for the price, it didn't really do it for me. :crazy:
Wouldn't that be a good idea, Inspector?
Worst idea, ever. That is way too much work for someone like me!(lazy)

Worst idea, ever. That is way too much work for someone like me!(lazy)

No, it's a good'un! If you can have the energy to criticize paint flakes, you can put some aside for a comparison with two of the Kingswoods, surely... Doing something you actually enjoy and whatnot, you know? Even if laziness gets in the way, it'd be a bit more enjoyable...

Well I got this just today! It's a Corgi Auto City Kenworth Truck. (it says that on the base) Quite happy to own one of these especially since I don't have very many jumbo sized Hot Wheels like this in my collection. This looks and feels like something I would have owned as a kid.
IMG_2382[1].JPG
IMG_2383[1].JPG
Here's a pic of my Mustang on top of it to show the scale. This truck is pretty large!
IMG_2384[1].JPG
Larger than an average Hot Wheels casting, but smaller than those Haulers Hot Wheels did a long time ago. It's a shame the back doors don't open like that Mars Bars truck I own because it could easily carry a Hot Wheel if it did. Lord I would love to design a Texaco custom to go with this!

I have a Corgi Auto City Tipping Lorry that should be coming in soon. I was originally going to get two of them so I could do a wheel swap on one of them, but then I saw this Texaco truck and just had to get it especially since it was the last one.

So of the three preorder headaches, Fatlace VW Bus was already resolved earlier this week. Seller cancelled the sale for me & I got the refund.

Tonight, headache #2 was just resolved minutes ago. This one was 1stopdiecast online store on that M2 Japan preorder. It seems like ancient release now & I'm not gonna lie, I'm really annoyed to have paid more to preorder & be the last man on Earth to receive these cars. :crazy: I emailed to two separate address for their store last week & got no response. I emailed to both again this evening, requesting cancellation at this point. Not to be rude, but I also communicated to them that I really wanted to hear back from them, because I was going to dispute the credit card charge with my card company(card charged, no product, no communication, can you blame me?).

Gentleman there apologized in the reply & said that my order was stuck in a "hold" & finally went out in mail Monday. Nothing like receiving poor service, then getting stuck in the dark, but at least it's looking like it's over with.

My third issue is that Convention 510/Bluebird preorder that seller either ripped me off, or maybe he died or something. PayPal dispute/claim is still ongoing. I sure hope I get my money back on that one. :crazy:

Speaking of Convention 510, I uncarded it & the RLC version today:

00000000000000000000000.JPG

000000000000000000000000.JPG

No, it's a good'un! If you can have the energy to criticize paint flakes, you can put some aside for a comparison with two of the Kingswoods, surely... Doing something you actually enjoy and whatnot, you know? Even if laziness gets in the way, it'd be a bit more enjoyable...
You don't understand. Whining comes very naturally to me, like breathing.
In hindsight I didn't need to provide a link. Pretty obvious what I was talking about. :P :lol:
There was absolutely no doubt on this one. :D
It's a shame the back doors don't open like that Mars Bars truck I own because it could easily carry a Hot Wheel if it did.
That is annoying. What a waste of space! I also feel robbed of the wheelswap on the other casting. :lol:

I think you said that you planned on buying a duplicate of another casting(lorry?), so you can do a wheelswap on one of them?
Yes I did. I have one coming in the mail soon. Would have gotten a second if I could, but it would have been far too expensive if I got those and the truck together. :scared:

Well the Tipping Lorry I mentioned just came in a while ago! However, the front axle either came loose or wasn't properly installed! :boggled:
IMG_2387[1].JPG
I wasn't able to install it, so I just took it out instead.
IMG_2388[1].JPG
What's interesting is the tilting bed can stay in place, meanwhile the Hot Wheels version I own doesn't.
IMG_2389[1].JPG
This thing is even better than I expected! Though the front axle has that problem, it don't even bother me. I ain't even mad because now I have a good reason to wheel swap this thing, which is something I wanted to do all along! :cheers:

It's like it's meant to be.......
As if the cheap wheels don't already scream to be swapped out! Only thing I am mad about is I accidentally chipped the front wheels trying to reinsert the axle. I have plans for replicating an unreleased ex Corgi Mustang Cobra and it has these wheels. Probably the one and only time I will ever use Corgi wheels on a custom.

Last edited:
Back