1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Got three matchbox best of cars from
Meijer. Don’t know what year they are from or if they’re new.
814BB5D9-DA02-4D92-BF7F-4E64D3DC2EF1.jpeg

Also got two M2 japan cars. Another skyline and a Datsun
E42FD368-F875-4220-8285-49B3E3FC30C8.jpeg

Japanese M2s recently landed here as well. I found basically the full set but only bought the rally-esque 510 and the silver Hako. And with that one I really struggled. The engine is just laughable.
And the 240Z casting simply sucks. M2 really missed the mark with these.

M2 Japan don't exist in the real world! They are only available on the internet! Same with the newer Matchbox cars with real riders. :(
Japanese M2s recently landed here as well. I found basically the full set but only bought the rally-esque 510 and the silver Hako. And with that one I really struggled. The engine is just laughable.
I posted a tweet by somebody I follow on my blog.

DLlGP1KV4AE8NA7.jpg

Guess which one's the M2. :lol:
Nice. You just need the 510 rally now. 👍
Totally forgot about that one.
Even with your hiatus from this thread. I'd guess that you're still responsible for close to half the posts in here. :P
You are the white Bill Laimbeer now. Cheap shot king!
The variation on the Skyline is quite cool though.
Which variation? That one on the Lamley, with like 1,000 times more detailing? :crazy:
Gotta be a part of the 50k post page so here is a recent haul I got off some Facebook group. Yeah they're all basically project cars, but there is some really rare stuff in here, specially the Playart Barracuda and Husky Thames van. Been chasing those for a while.
Also, finally a Baja Bruiser in decent shape. now to find the rest of the color variations :/
I do like the Baja Bruiser. That fancy RLC version's my favorite. I just bought another one on their Black Friday sale. I'm usually a fan of Playart, but I'm not digging this Barracuda. :crazy: Also, is that a Tercel wagon in there? :drool:

M2 Japan don't exist in the real world! They are only available on the internet! Same with the newer Matchbox cars with real riders. :(

I posted a tweet by somebody I follow on my blog.

DLlGP1KV4AE8NA7.jpg

Guess which one's the M2. :lol:
Holy damn! I know M2 is far right but what are the other two?

Which variation? That one on the Lamley, with like 1,000 times more detailing? :crazy:
This one, it's pointless since we can't open the hood but kinda cool i guess.
Nissan_Skyline_2000_GTX_(Variations_interior).jpg

L20 & RB26 :lol:

Aww damn, i wanted to get the Z. Can you list the cons on the Z?

Can't remember if I saw that shot or a different one on Flickr. But yeah, the M2's engine is horrid. :lol: :crazy:
I don't even bother opening the hood half the time, but yeah, it's pretty night & day.
You what!?
Matchbox sucks where I live. I'm pretty sure we are the very last to get the new Matchbox in the world.
But Bill Laimbeer is already the white Bill Laimbeer! :lol:

Holy damn! I know M2 is far right but what are the other two?
I think one was a brand called Taccar, other one's probably F-Toys(plastic, not diecast car). All cheapies.
L20 & RB26 :lol:
*jaw hits floor*

Matchbox sucks where I live. I'm pretty sure we are the very last to get the new Matchbox in the world.

Only decent place where am I that stocks MBX, is a store called Big W. Even then the real good stuff only appears after they re-stock the pegs. That was the only reason I was able find the 510 and Junior.

TSM will enter the 1:64 segment now. Presenting Mini GT:
* Each model is produced in full diecast metal to deliver quality construction you can feel in the palm of your hand.
* We strive for strong level of detail - even the under-chassis is fully reproduced. No flat surfaces here.
* Each model features soft rubber tires with detailed wheel designs to complete the look.
* The side mirrors on the majority of our models will be crafted from rubber for maximum protection.
* To fully represent each model we will offer both LHD and RHD versions of the majority of models we create.

MINI GT Construciton (1).jpg

MINI GT-01 Launch.jpg

This looks like quite a line-up if all will be produced in 1:64 scale. Don't expect them to be cheap though. Potentially more than your regular Kyosho model.

Both plates are straight.
You lucky dog :indiff:

* Each model is produced in full diecast metal to deliver quality construction you can feel in the palm of your hand.
* We strive for strong level of detail - even the under-chassis is fully reproduced. No flat surfaces here.
* Each model features soft rubber tires with detailed wheel designs to complete the look.
* The side mirrors on the majority of our models will be crafted from rubber for maximum protection.
* To fully represent each model we will offer both LHD and RHD versions of the majority of models we create.

View attachment 695891
View attachment 695892
This looks like quite a line-up if all will be produced in 1:64 scale. Don't expect them to be cheap though. Potentially more than you regular Kyosho model.
Oh my god

View attachment 695891
View attachment 695892
This looks like quite a line-up if all will be produced in 1:64 scale. Don't expect them to be cheap though. Potentially more than your regular Kyosho model.

Interesting. If these will cost me around 10 USD each, then that's fine by me.

Funny how that works out, because I bet we'll be paying around $30.

It'd be nice if they didn't hit that price in the second market, but $30 for a detailed casting with perforated wheels and thin plastic wings is still worth it.

Actually it would probably be best to then pre-order whenever possible.

Let's see how they handle small decals though.

If things work out, then it's bye-bye to HW Ford GT, Honda Civic, Corvette C7R, and possibly MBX Land Rover. Amongst the list of teased vehicles, the Zondas and Maseratis are going to be huge in the 1:64 market.

Last edited:
Look @R1600Turbo

IMG_20171201_171422995.jpg

Took weeks, but I finally received my replacement Ghostbusters Diorama. It's the same frigging (wrong)set again. :rolleyes:

I have a bad headache tonight, too. Just wonderful.

P.S. JL CRX looks great, but if I order it from the same seller, I'll probably receive AMC Gremlin or something. Twice. :crazy:

They all look like some street car. The white one looks like an Liberty Walk 997

Ah, okay. Don't pay much attention to the street scene, I guess you call it. So I had no idea. Does looks good.
Took weeks, but I finally received my replacement Ghostbusters Diorama. It's the same frigging (wrong)set again. :rolleyes:

Sent you the wrong set, twice? That is freakin' ridiculous. :crazy: Honestly if I was you I wouldn't even bother trying to deal with that seller again. Keep it, or flip it and get the Ghostbusters set from somewhere else.

Back