1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,422 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Oh yes. Majorette.
Rad. đź‘Ť
Sent you the wrong set, twice? That is freakin' ridiculous. :crazy: Honestly if I was you I wouldn't even bother trying to deal with that seller again. Keep it, or flip it and get the Ghostbusters set from somewhere else.
I'm hoping to get my money back. eBay dropped support on this one already, so if the seller drop the ball on me, I'm going to attempt filing a dispute with PayPal again, or the credit card. What is up with my luck on preorders in the summer of 2017? It's been just one thing after another & I usually never have problems with preorders. :crazy:

I'm going to attempt filing a dispute with PayPal again, or the credit card.

Well, hopefully you can get your money back this time and move on. đź‘Ť
What is up with my luck on preorders in the summer of 2017? It's been just one thing after another & I usually never have problems with preorders. :crazy:

Madness.

Ah, okay. Don't pay much attention to the street scene, I guess you call it. So I had no idea. Does looks good.

Yeah their selection appears to be based off 1:43 and 1:18s they've already made, so that's where I'm getting this notion from.

Well, hopefully you can get your money back this time and move on. đź‘Ť
I need to check this seller's feedback & see what the hell is going on here.

*checks eBay*

Seller actually has 1760 feedback at 99.6%. Unbelievable. There were handful of unlucky people like me though.

Going by those feedbacks, this very well could involve PayPal resolution. Jesus, WTF is wrong with some people. I screwed up as a seller one time. Involved two buyers receiving the other person's cars or something. I got everybody involved their hot wheel cars, my sincerest apologies(I don't think my seller's apologized to me yet), and I refunded they money back in full, so they got their items free for their troubles. I didn't mind losing money & cars for nothing, I created the mess. :crazy:
I am going mad... ness. :lol:
Sell that one to meeeeeeee.
Hold that thought Jason. Again, I can't promise anything, but we'll see how this one'll go.

But with that said, that's actually affordable.

The race to to bottom line has started. I have preordered mine at HKD69.00 (USD8.80)

It's the same frigging (wrong)set again. :rolleyes:

Thats damn unfortunate.

Some recent purchases:

Tomica #23 Super GT GT500 2017 Motul Autech Nissan Nismo GT-R

IMG_7368.JPG

IMG_7372.JPG
IMG_7376.JPG
IMG_7377.JPG

Joe's Work Custom Tomica Gran Turismo Nissan GT-R N24 Spectraflame Red
Joe's Work Custom Tomica Gran Turismo Nissan GT-R N24 Spectraflame Blue

IMG_7343.JPG
IMG_7482.JPG
IMG_7491.JPG

IMG_7338.JPG
IMG_7346.JPG
IMG_7347.JPG

Hot Wheels 2018 HW Speed Graphics 2015 Ford Mustang GT Super Treasure Hunt

IMG_7471.JPG

IMG_7473.JPG
IMG_7476.JPG
IMG_7480.JPG

Here's more to go with that Mini GT stuff. Actual samples...

MiniGTNov0001.jpg

MiniGTNov0003.jpg

MiniGTNov0004.jpg

Not bad.
This will eat away at Kyosho 1:64 sales. Maybe even TLV sales. The detail is nothing short of what you'd expect from TSM, and it will be a major player in a segment that's getting more crowded each day. I'm starting to lose track of all the manufacturers now producing 1:64's!

Seller actually has 1760 feedback at 99.6%.

I was not expecting that high of a rating. :lol: With a rating like that, you'd expect the seller to be rock solid. What is going on!? :crazy:
I'm starting to lose track of all the manufacturers now producing 1:64's!

Great to see more company's entering the 1:64 market. đź‘Ť

Also, not sure when it's coming out but Biante are doing the HSV Racing Pye/Luff Commodore in 1:64. :embarrassed:

Kyosho hasn't been doing 1:64s as actively in some years now. It doesn't seem like they're concerned about this.
Seemingly so, which kinda sucks because there's soo many new vehicles I'd kill to have in 1:64 scale right now.

Thats damn unfortunate.
I was not expecting that high of a rating. :lol: With a rating like that, you'd expect the seller to be rock solid. What is going on!? :crazy:
So, I never heard back from this seller. I was assuming the worst & thinking I have to PM again, maybe give them a warning that if I don't hear back, I will be resolving this issue through PayPal.

I checked the eBay transaction page & saw that he already created now the third shipping label(lol). So it looks like I will finally get my Ghostbusters set? Of at least a third Christine set(I'm here all week). I'm going to give him little bit more time & ask if he wants this Christine set back. Like before, if he let's me keep it, then you can have it @R1600Turbo
This will eat away at Kyosho 1:64 sales. Maybe even TLV sales. The detail is nothing short of what you'd expect from TSM, and it will be a major player in a segment that's getting more crowded each day. I'm starting to lose track of all the manufacturers now producing 1:64's!
This:
Kyosho hasn't been doing 1:64s as actively in some years now. It doesn't seem like they're concerned about this.
This is more of a competition to Tarmac Works, Spark, and lesser degree to TLV(maybe, maybe GreenLight). I'm not sure what is happening with Kyosho, but their 1/64 production seems to be coming to a crawl. :crazy:

Tarmac Works... hmmmmmmm
Had they partnered with Tomytec, that would've been sure fire 100% amazing minicar diecast. TLVs castings are solid, just bland.

It would be interesting to see how big of a part Tarmac Works play in this venture. I am hopeful in what Tarmac Works can become, but as it stands, they still have ways to go. What I wish to see is ignition model diecast in 1/64, not Tarmac Works cars done up like ignition model custom.

What are your thoughts?

It's cool, I always carry a spare pair of pants for moments like this.
Legendary.
Dude, nothing wrong with the stock look, ,but you don't have to keep it stock 100% of the time. Granted, there are some like Snake Motors, or "69" Cedric by Crazy Ken, but they look like just repainted stock vehicles. Throw us a bone(no pun intended, but ok), give us Watanabes, slick stances & spoilers here & there..... :(

Tarmac Works... hmmmmmmm

Yeah that's the most troublesome bit. To lay down the facts, it would seem like Tarmac is handling manufacturing, TK to own the operations and (according to that image only) CarLover to distribute. Some other Hong Kong also announced the same thing.

Does Tarmac work with 3D scanning though? I know IG does it for all their cars. Is this a response to TSM getting into small cars to create competition? Does TSM/Spark do 3D scanning? Heck if I know. How are Spark models though? The Deltawing was pretty good. Porsche 962s were okay though.

Will Spark models be a good benchmark against TSM & IG? Should we instead use Minichamps or something?

Either way, I'd like to reserve them thoughts until they announce what models they're doing since they make a whole bunch I don't have much of an attachment for.

edit: Oh. Facebook reminded me of my sickest error from 4 years ago:

1410715_10152450385359097_1929075276_o.jpg

I remember that one.

I hope ignition model 1/64 to be as good, or better than TLV. Never mind Tarmac Works, never mind Spark. I want to see the level of Bugzees64, Oversteer, or better.

Maybe I just hold them in too high of regard, I don't know. Andy, you own ignition model cars. What do you hope to see?

Back