1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
US and Canada ebay members: 20% off $25+ purchase with code PSPRING20. Expires 8PM PST.

Used the code to purchase two TLV 2000 RS Skylines from JapanBooster!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-03-09-17-43-52-1.png
    Screenshot_2018-03-09-17-43-52-1.png
    22 KB · Views: 16
TRU was pretty much dead years ago...

They can't expect to sell when competitor like Target and Walmart continually have lower price ranges overall.

They can't expect to sell when competitor like Target and Walmart continually have lower price ranges overall.
Well if they don't stock their pegs like my Walmart, they're not much better. We haven't had any new mainlines since before Christmas.

Nobody can restock as fast as Walmart if they're the ones the quickest to empty their pegs. (and selling for the lowest price)

I don't know about your TRUs but we still had '14-'15 things.

Last edited:
Nobody can restock as fast as Walmart if they're the ones the quickest to empty their pegs.
I check twice a week. There has been nothing new. In fact they just loaded the empty pegs yesterday with bent up Camo and Star Wars cars from a dump bin that's been around for ages.

Last edited:
Well if they don't stock their pegs like my Walmart, they're not much better. We haven't had any new mainlines since before Christmas.

My walmart hasn't had any 2018 mainlines at all, but they did get the 50th anniversary Zamac set

US and Canada ebay members: 20% off $25+ purchase with code PSPRING20. Expires 8PM PST.

Used the code to purchase two TLV 2000 RS Skylines from JapanBooster!
That white Skyline(along with red/black), same from Jarrod's garage was something I chased for while. 👍 Also, this makes me wish I was still collecting from @iceprincexxx 's tip:

TOY-SCL2-86713.jpg

How cool is this?
It wouldn't surprise me if they are already on the life-support(i.e. no money to bring in/distribute new inventory). I feel for the workers, but I heard that they couldn't find any buyers for the chain. Does not sound good.

That white Skyline

👍
same from Jarrod's garage was something I chased for while. 👍

What a shame that you're not collecting anymore. :P

Saw those Spark models yesterday. The Porsche 919's look cool but I was a little underwhelmed with the Continental GT3 castings last time. Really can't be bothered at the moment. Pass.

@RCKakashi14 might be interested in these.

TOY-SCL2-86724.jpg

TOY-SCL2-86723.jpg

TOY-SCL2-86725.jpg

TOY-SCL2-86726.jpg

Last edited:
So, what's the deal with Kyosho Beads? What's the difference between Beads and original Kyosho? Anyone knows?
A bit late on this (I’ve been hesitating whether to reply to this) but...

Judging from the Beads Porsche 911 GT1 1998 I have, the major differences between Beads and normal ones are that Beads come with antennas and painted rear view mirrors. Originally I thought that Beads also come with brake discs that are not featured on normal ones, but the normal 787B also seems to come with brake discs, so I’m not entirely sure on that one. A worthy mention is that the windscreen wiper on my 911 GT1 looks so delicate and detailed, it seems only possible with photo-etched parts.

Of course, if you’re talking about the Kyosho Original line, then I don’t really know. :lol:

Still haven’t seen the new mystery models with the “special” ford gt or any hot wheels JDM car from the G and F cases like the ADVAN 180sx and the blue old skyline that was the super treasure hunt.

Back