1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,425 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
have them blocked for a reason. Hah.
Pulp Fiction Confused gif.gif
You quit the hobby and it all goes to hell!

I knew it was somehow all his fault! Curse you a6!

👍

What a shame that you're not collecting anymore. :P

Saw those Spark models yesterday. The Porsche 919's look cool but I was a little underwhelmed with the Continental GT3 castings last time. Really can't be bothered at the moment. Pass.

@RCKakashi14 might be interested in these.

TOY-SCL2-86724.jpg

TOY-SCL2-86723.jpg

TOY-SCL2-86725.jpg

TOY-SCL2-86726.jpg
Hey @Spacegoat, can you please let me know when the Yellow TLV Honda Civic EK becomes available? I forgot to pre-order.
Also, something new:
JxKk3ho.jpg

M9Atr8B.jpg

7eA3MP0.jpg

I absolutely love it.

I knew it was somehow all his fault! Curse you a6!
I apologise for this..... and also for your stupid face! In your stupid face! :lol:
@a6m5 might have seen this already but had to share it here.
I haven't been on my minicar Twitter account lately. Thanks for sharing. 👍

He's probably thinking like me. Buy as many as you want, you can get your money back later.
Reports: Toys R Us is going out of business, closing all stores

Shame, that's the only place within an hour's driving distance that I can get Greenlight releases and up to date Auto World stuff. I was in a couple of them on Saturday and they were full of people. Looks like all my purchases will be online now.
Again, I feel horrible for the employees. I wonder if the Japanese stores are closing, too. :crazy:

Last edited:
And to rub salt in your wounds the black has those bits of shiny dust in the paint! :P

Yeah, I did notice that in your pics of it. :lol: Doesn't seem too bad though, I can live with it. Just that the yellow version seems to be more popular of the two.

Oh well.

In the background of the Japan Chevy Panel shot(green & pink), you can see what I started working on tonight. :D

As of last month, TRU was looking to offload its Asia unit to partners: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...d-in-talks-to-sell-asia-unit-to-local-partner

Haven't seen any updates since...
While I feel horrible about the North American employees, I am glad to hear the Asian stores are doing good, making money. Thanks for the link. 👍
And to rub salt in your wounds the black has those bits of shiny dust in the paint! :P
Yeah, I did notice that in your pics of it. :lol: Doesn't seem too bad though, I can live with it.
Added this image to my old TLV BMW post today....
batman%2Brobin%2Btomytec%2Bglitter%2Bpaint0.jpg

Had some thoughts about it... I may actually sell a large majority of my collection this year. Kyosho, Minichamps, TLV, Hot Wheels, etc.. I probably will keep some, but yeah... going to lose some cars in favour of other cool things.

Let me know if you are interested in purchasing some things and I'll put something together.

Thanks,
AOS-

Just squint!

Doesn't work. My vision is immune to squinting!

Last edited:
I followed a small lead for the new Car Culture set with the Skyline wagon to a Walmart in the next town over and came up empty. Asked about them and the guy said more are coming in on the 24th, so will check back then. Chances I beat the local JDM hoarders to them: very slim.

I might see those G case cars at my Walmart sometime closer to Christmas.

Refreshing collecting tale!

Went to a shop today, was looking at the diecast and noticed they had Japan Historics 2 ( :embarrassed: ). So I had a look, not bothering to have got them yet. Sadly it was just the 240z, Laurel and the new Skyline.

Just as I was about to move on, this older lady who worked there asked if I needed any help, I replied no thank you. She then said "oh I have a complete set of the Japan Historics out the back if you like!". Needless to say I immediately picked up in mood, lol. So I followed her to the storeroom door, few seconds later she pops out with a full set.

She said to me "every time we get these sets in I make sure to put a couple complete sets aside, I don't collect but these scalpers buying up all of one car annoy me" to which I agreed then repeatedly thanked her.

Then I went and purchased it. And that's how I got my Japan Historics 2 set.
2018-03-14 18.14.54.png

Back