1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
I still have pending preorders.

*good, good*

Only preorders I've got currently are the Heavy Equipment Hauler thing and a couple of the RX-7's. Just basically cut back to the things that I really want and/or need. Don't think I'll ever be able to completely stop. :lol:

*good, good*

Only preorders I've got currently are the Heavy Equipment Hauler thing and a couple of the RX-7's. Just basically cut back to the things that I really want and/or need. Don't think I'll ever be able to completely stop. :lol:
I plan on it, but I hear you. I really do plan on pulling out completely though. Still, I really do hear you. :P

New stuff!

Kyosho Mercedes AMG CLK | 2002 DTM - Bernd Schneider

Kyosho Mercedes AMG CLK | 2002 DTM - Jean Alesi

Spark Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Couldn't pass up that colour. 👍

Tarmac Lamborghini Aventador SV

Alright, this thing is all sorts of bad. The paint is awesome, the casting is nice and detailed and the interior even has painted seatbelts. But the bad parts of the car? The decals vary from nice and crisp to awful and misplaced. Just look at those emblems on the rims :crazy:. And while you can't really see it on the picture, the stripe is inconsistent. Looks great on the hood and back end of the car, but the roof looks like someone took a brush and manually applied it. It's thicker and not as crisp, so I have no idea what happened there. Maybe a botched decal that they "fixed". The rear view mirrors are made out of rubber (?). I reckon that's to make it harder to break off, but I think they were either crooked from the factory or they melted in transport and solidified crooked. No real way to fix it. Finally the rear spoiler is very obvious unpainted plastic. :indiff:
So that's 3/4 Tarmac models I've bought that had some sort of defect. Huge shame considering I really love the models they choose to make. I'd be all over them if I could trust they can make a good product.

Alright, this thing is all sorts of bad. The paint is awesome, the casting is nice and detailed and the interior even has painted seatbelts. But the bad parts of the car? The decals vary from nice and crisp to awful and misplaced. Just look at those emblems on the rims :crazy:. And while you can't really see it on the picture, the stripe is inconsistent. Looks great on the hood and back end of the car, but the roof looks like someone took a brush and manually applied it. It's thicker and not as crisp, so I have no idea what happened there. Maybe a botched decal that they "fixed". The rear view mirrors are made out of rubber (?). I reckon that's to make it harder to break off, but I think they were either crooked from the factory or they melted in transport and solidified crooked. No real way to fix it. Finally the rear spoiler is very obvious unpainted plastic. :indiff:
So that's 3/4 Tarmac models I've bought that had some sort of defect. Huge shame considering I really love the models they choose to make. I'd be all over them if I could trust they can make a good product.

To be fair, it is cheaper than the regular Tarmac. I got the R8 V10 Plus and it looks great for the price.

To be fair, it is cheaper than the regular Tarmac. I got the R8 V10 Plus and it looks great for the price.

Sure it is, but I just feel like they could prioritise better. While the interior details are very cool why not lose those (since they're very hard to see anyway) and make sure the emblems are in the same postcode as the centre of the wheel instead. I just think it'd make for a better product that I'd be happier to buy more of if they just made sure the cars are manufactured the way they should be.

That red colour is so nice though.

Finally, the holy trinity.
IMG_20180803_220247_453.jpg

IMG_20180803_220247_454.jpg

Guess I don't get an answer.

I thought about doing it, but I realize this is personal stuff and I think getting into another thread derailment is not in everyone's interest, so I decided not to post anything afterwards.

If you actually care about why I said it, feel free to backtrack to July 2014.

feel free to backtrack to July 2014
I'll pass, thanks. 4 years ago is 4 years ago. They have words for that: "get over it and move on". I certainly have as I can't even remember what you are referring to. So I'd suggest you do the same. If you don't like what I have to say you are free to put me on your block list.

I'm stupid, guys. Don't give too much credit to what some idiot like me said, especially from that long ago. :(:lol:

I'll pass, thanks. 4 years ago is 4 years ago. They have words for that: "get over it and move on". I certainly have as I can't even remember what you are referring to. So I'd suggest you do the same. If you don't like what I have to say you are free to put me on your block list.

Then I wouldn't tell others what to do if you can't be one who listens to others.

That is all I'm saying.

New stuff!

Kyosho Mercedes AMG CLK | 2002 DTM - Bernd Schneider

Kyosho Mercedes AMG CLK | 2002 DTM - Jean Alesi

Spark Porsche 911 GT3 RS

Couldn't pass up that colour. 👍

That Porsche is amazing!

Unacceptable. Rest looks so damn good & Kyosho's generally on the money with resin/plastic lamps.

It's Spark, not Kyosho. ;)
Yeah, I was quite disappointed when I found that out, but I'm willing to look the other way (or point the car the other way) in this case.

Who cares what other people spend their money on. As long as it doesn't affect you, then what anyone other than them thinks is moot!

Just enjoy your own pace. It's a hobby, not an alcohol addiction.

-Signed, someone who spends far too much money on Japanese magazines he can't actually read

I'm just trying to get the image out of my head, give that Seinfeld gif a rest you Spacedog!

Guess what i found in an expo...
_20180805_130535.jpg

It was only one and the guy next to me bought it. It was 90k or around $9. Tbh i was really tempted to buy one because i really love the look of it, guess love really makes you stupid.

There's also a lot of loose TH$ Civic EF. Basically stolen stuff.

Ah. 👍 What a shocker. I wonder if stuff like that ever surfaces in the U.S., outside what we occasionally see online.
Idk, Indonesia seems to have a close relationship with Malaysia when it comes to this stuff.

Seriously though, the new R32 is so on point. I'm gonna hoard this car when it's released on the pegs, sorry not sorry :lol:. Even the TH$ Civic looks meh outside of the wheels.

Back