1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Idk, Indonesia seems to have a close relationship with Malaysia when it comes to this stuff.

Seriously though, the new R32 is so on point. I'm gonna hoard this car when it's released on the pegs, sorry not sorry :lol:. Even the TH$ Civic looks meh outside of the wheels.
Yeah, it looks really good from your pic. 👍

This thread went a whole day without new posts? Strange.

In any case, a package from @AOS- arrived today. Yes, again.

CM's | Lancia Stratos HF.

Only one CM's this time. I already bought all the others. :P

Spark | Porsche 956 | 1982 Le Mans winner

The rest are all Kyosho.

Porsche 911 GT1 | 1998 Le Mans winner

McLaren F1 GTR "Long Tail" | 1998 Le Mans not-winner (DNF actually)

Mclaren F1 GTR

Lotus Exige

Honda NSX

Nissan R91CP

Nissan R92CP

Lamborghini Gallardo Balboni

Aston Martin Vanquish

Porsche 911 RSR

Last edited:
A couple more TLV RX-7's to be released in December. For anyone that might be interested.

TOY-SCL2-93623.jpg

TOY-SCL2-93624.jpg

I've been slacking on TLV. Need to get on that.

Edit: Then again at this angle I'm not so sure...

TOY-SCL2-93623_07.jpg

Edit: Top 2 are peg warmers. Bottom 3 will be hard to get at retail. And apparently the Corvette is in there to replace the Toyota 2000GT because Mattel lost the licensing on it?

FPY86-956E_0.jpg

Last edited:
This thread went a whole day without new posts? Strange.

In any case, a package from @AOS- arrived today. Yes, again.

That sure took some time, but I'm glad to hear it has arrived. How did the packaging hold this time, and did you get dinged on duty fees?

All CM's are belong to @Apok
A couple more TLV RX-7's to be released in December. For anyone that might be interested.
I've been slacking on TLV. Need to get on that.

Edit: Then again at this angle I'm not so sure...
That black one is strikingly good looking...... Taillights do remind me of GreenLight/AutoWorld though. I wouldn't say a deal breaker, but I think it's holding that model back. So close to perfection. :crazy:

That black one is strikingly good looking...... Taillights do remind me of GreenLight/AutoWorld though. I wouldn't say a deal breaker, but I think it's holding that model back. So close to perfection. :crazy:

The wheels, man. How cool are the rims on both!?

Want to see what the first batch looks like first though, before I commit to either one of those.

That sure took some time, but I'm glad to hear it has arrived. How did the packaging hold this time, and did you get dinged on duty fees?

Packaging was perfectly fine and no duty fees. 👍 👍

Smart, but if it sold out & you miss out, your new name will be GTboyz Jr(no hitting of the elderly plz @GTboyz ).

Just remember that you called yourself elderly, not me. :P :lol: Not too worried about it at the moment. The original three are still available for pre-order. Doubt the other two will sell out anytime soon.

Which ones did you go for by the way? I've got yellow and silver on order.

Edit: Top 2 are peg warmers. Bottom 3 will be hard to get at retail. And apparently the Corvette is in there to replace the Toyota 2000GT because Mattel lost the licensing on it?

FPY86-956E_0.jpg
This set is too good to pass up. Can't wait to get my hands on it.

So, remember that Tarmac Aventador that I got with the wonky rear view mirrors? Every picture I've seen since then has the wonky mirrors. That includes the promo picture from ck-modelcars where I bought it so I guess I should've paid attention. :lol:
They're not even equally wonky, the left one is always far worse than the right. :boggled:

Oh and one of the wheel emblems on mine fell off.

Well my Walmart had one of the eurospeed hot wheels and that was all they had sorta new. Collecting has become kinda depressing in my area. :/

The freebie they gave out at the recent event is just as bad. Wonky everything, wheels included. Their crap QC is why I only buy the BMW, but that is a hit or miss, and more miss than hit.

Your posts were what made me buy the two BMWs I did. No surprise they're the nicest two Tarmac models I have. 👍

@domalorite I've sold off most of my RLC Gulf stuff off, and just shipped that Japan Convention 2 car set yesterday. That set is one of the coolest convention releases IMO. Great taste, and as Jarrod mentioned, good job on the Vintage Racing 510, too. *high five*

@Casey Cars will come back, but yeah, depressing. :crazy:

I’ll trade all my non HW opened cars for your #0001/3000 RLC Datsun 510 BRE
Who has that? I think @Spacegoat showed me a Tweet of #1 car recently, but that was the pink Gasser? I think it went for thousands?

I'm leaning towards selling everything off, but Vintage Racing 510 & RLC 510 I might keep. Unbelievably precious jewels. :embarrassed::P
I'm not even mad that he's planning on opening it. Makes mine all that more valuable. :P
See, I’m doing you guys a favour. That will be one less sealed car in the world.
I think I'm an idiot for opening mine, but I hope you learn from my mistake & DEFINITELY SAVE THE CARD(I paid less than $9 for mine, had no idea its value would take off like that). BRE 510 is an incredible casting & if you do end up opening it, you won't be sorry. RLC green/chrome Silverado, I do wish I had kept it carded. Some casting's are sexier loose, some not so much.

Back