1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,417 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
What an absolute beauty. I need to add the Zippo one next...

rsz_img_20180817_104827.png

Just opened. Initial quick look I am impressed. Asian Greenlight have delivered at last. May have to call them TSM now.

Micro review later. Impressions may change.

Ugh I still haven't got an email from Apex Replicas to tell me that the Nissan is in stock...

20 years ago I had about 50 of these little cars, some were loose, most were tomica,yatming, matchbox, few hot wheels, some of them that I can remember were vintage forklift in red, Galvion Circus One 6 wheeler ( from mecha anime ), Minolta 88-CV, Ford model A, Porsche 930, 928 and another was Citreon CX/DX, they were gone, sold or given away when my family moved house while I was overseas. Now I'm slowly buying again though my interest is not as high as used to be, now I buy models that interest me or looks clean/simple. This is one of my last purchase, the other 3 are still on card/unopened - Mazda RX7 SA/FB in white, Fast Felion with blue base, 1 of them is the same car, Porsche 934 RSR in white.

hw934rsr.jpg

The only car that I regret losing was the Circus One from anime Galvion, it was unique and so far I haven't found another.

galvion.jpg

circus_sleek.jpg

galvion2.jpg

That in around 1:144 scale or 1:100 or 1:90 or 1:80. I recalled it was a bit bigger than ordinary car 1:64 scale, the car in the anime is quite big, probably around 7-10+m length. If anyone have any information about the die cast of this car, let me know. The die cast I had has more like silver color on the white part, it 's very long time ago, the length if I remember correctly was about 8-8.5cm. The brand could be Takatoku or maybe matchbox, the only thing certain it was packaged in cardboard box with clear window.

Last edited:
And just uploaded

I've been waiting for this! I am not disappointed, it looks pretty good for the price point. As I'm not willing to spend $35+ on the Ignition, this car is a good, cost effective alternative.

True. Forever tarnished. This GTR is no Ignition Model, almost Kyosho though.

And this just announced for preorder, McLaren Senna

View attachment 760106
I will definitely be putting my name down for this one.

Circus One from anime Galvion

I think only places like Yahoo Japan would have something like that. Looks really cool.

good, cost effective alternative.

Agree. It’s great for less than half the price of the Ig. Good overall quality, metal base, full tampon printing. Very good value.

And an update from MiniGT themselves, the white Civic should be out end August/beginning Sept. The zero fighter GTR out end of Sept.

I think only places like Yahoo Japan would have something like that. Looks really cool.

I have searched for years through Yahoo Japan auctions, Yahoo shopping, Rakuten, Mercari, Mbok via sites like Japamart.com and few others, still no result yet :(, it may have been limited release as I got it back in the 80's :( Most were music, movies, books and the model kits.

New things.

Decided to give Schuco yet another go since I thought their Porsche Boxster was quite nice and they've got some cool models.

Mercedes-Benz 300 SL

Pretty good! One thing I've noticed with previous Schuco models is that the paint is excellent. Very smooth and shiny. The interior is painted as well, which helps make it look like actual fabric instead of just plastic. The base is metal so the model is nice and heavy. Of course there are some bad points, like the wheels that are too wide and aren't level with the tires, the rear wheel well is too square and the side skirt is too high.
Still pretty great and surely the best 1/64 Mercedes 300 SL out right now (ever?).

Mercedes-Benz Unimog

Now this thing is epic. I really can't fault it for too much. Maybe the rear lights are a tiny bit crooked, but that's nitpicking. There's a lot to like though, like the removable canopy with excellent detailing, the spare tire with real rubber, the metal base. 👍

1/87 Porsche 911S

Cheating a little here since it's not 1/64, but it makes a good pair for the TLV. The model is okay, but nothing mindblowing.

Next up is my first AutoArt model

Porsche 993 Cabrio

Pretty good for what I think is a pretty old model. Not sure on the age of AutoArt models. It's a shame the lights aren't plastic, but the shape of the tail light is actually casted into the body. It's slightly recessed and separates the light from the body quite well.

And my first two Tamiya models too

Nissan GT-R

Opening doors on this one. Quite decent details too, but there's one glaring issue that you can't see in the picture. It's way too big despite being advertised as 1/64. Looks more at home with Siku 1/55 models.

Toyota Supra

This one is quite nice as well and I think it's closer to 1/64. It also has opening doors.

And two Kyoshos as well

Subaru Legacy

This one is seriously impressive. I'd say even better than CM's Legacies as those sometimes have paint issues. Love the detail on the wheels.

Lamborghini Veneno Roadster

Came in a neato box with a little booklet that details the car, the model, Lamborghini's history and even documents Kyosho's prior Lamborghini releases in 1/64. Sadly it's all in Japanese so I can't understand any of it. :lol:

Still pretty great and surely the best 1/64 Mercedes 300 SL out right now (ever?).
I’d say it’s on par with my UCC 300 SL, in terms of shape and stance. Apart from the missing interior (which I believe is a shared feature of the other Mercedes in the same series), the UCC has captured the wheel arches better. The wheels also don’t bulge, although they’re recreating different cars (UCC is going for the Mille Miglia version). The UCC has its tailights and rear bumper painted though. Overall I’d say the UCC is a decent enough car as a complementing gift, although I bought it for ~200 JPY.

Either that or I’m just biased. :embarrassed:

A few pics of it:

8E1D032E-ED4F-4232-B53E-83D8EC2FA6B8.jpeg

4FB84ED5-302B-4C9A-B396-5B35AA9D269D.jpeg

80190CCF-EF17-4D48-B624-C4D6C48BC403.jpeg

Ah, that one probably is better value for money and maybe even better in general. The interior really sells the Schuco in my opinion though.

Back