1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,422 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Can you imagine all those kids crying after putting it on the loop the loop orange track

I wanted to say no, but seeing as how I saw kids react when playing online video games at a net cafe yesterday, I think I can imagine kids crying over that.

From Tarmac Works Facebook. Prototype models of Ignition Model’s upcoming models.

86E57EDB-8AF5-4595-B2D7-96A77AB96210.jpeg

Kind of funny how TW are complementing what is in effect a competitior. Ignition Supra or TW Supra...

Also aren't those releases collaborations between IG and TW

No idea what they are collaborating on. Marketing? distribution? It’s certainly not casting design and manufacturing as Tarmac can’t touch Ignition. And Tarmac are just one of many distributors for Ignition 1/64.

No idea what they are collaborating on. Marketing? distribution? It’s certainly not casting design and manufacturing as Tarmac can’t touch Ignition. And Tarmac are just one of many distributors for Ignition 1/64.
Honestly, no idea.

But i've seen people referring the IG64 as Tarmac X Ignition Model. Similar to those Greenlight X Tarmac releases.

A Nismo Z Tune is definitely something I could jump for. The Super GT inspired front arches have always appealed.

Now this IS amazing. The level of detail, sharpness of gaps and rivet holes. That rear end. It’s really something. This in no doubt shows the future of adult collectible 1/64 diecasts is resin.

Images are not great. Gray car on a gray background?

Images are not great. Gray car on a gray background?

This is my setup for all my photo shoots. I’m not going to change the floor just so it doesn’t clash with the colour of the car.

Part 1 of part 2 of Ferrari month goodness.

This is an exquisite release from Tomytec. The quality is back to the TLV of old. I can’t find a fault with it, unlike that debacle with the Mazda 787b. I would say the quality is at least on par with the Silouette releases. You TLV collectors that didn’t order it will regret it.

This is my setup for all my photo shoots. I’m not going to change the floor just so it doesn’t clash with the colour of the car.

This is an exquisite release from Tomytec. The quality is back to the TLV of old. I can’t find a fault with it, unlike that debacle with the Mazda 787b. I would say the quality is at least on par with the Silouette releases. You TLV collectors that didn’t order it will regret it.

My only regret is that I only pre ordered 1 piece.

I thought the boot can be opened?

I regret not buying more. I want to do a @a6m5 with his carina and hauler setup. But the secondary market has already shot up in value...

You mean the bonnet? Both ends open. And you’ll be glad to know the side mirrors are already stuck on!

View attachment 810409
Oh Mama.... If only the doors and lights can be opened too.

I think i'm gonna buy 1 or 2 more. From your review it seems like this is worth spending on.

Oh Mama.... If only the doors and lights can be opened too.

I think i'm gonna buy 1 or 2 more. From your review it seems like this is worth spending on.

Just my opinion. And it’s also above fair value for these sort of items. But yeah, it’s one of Tomytec’s best. I need to drool over it more to see if it will surpass the Autobacs Silhouette as my favourite Tomytec.

Just my opinion. And it’s also above fair value for these sort of items. But yeah, it’s one of Tomytec’s best. I need to drool over it more to see if it will surpass the Autobacs Silhouette as my favourite Tomytec.
Man, I really need Silhouette but they're just too damn expensive now.

Last edited:

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
Holy crap I'm excited to receive mine!

I'm starting to. :lol:

Hopefully they do re-release it at some point. White sounds like it would be really good.

I don’t think TLV ever do re-releases? Only new colours. Just like the hanamidai loader. My trusted shop owner told me there is a white version coming. Wait for that.

And I did something crazy just now. Bought another three F40. @a6m5 carina trailer scene is going to be fun to replicate :P

I don’t think TLV ever do re-releases? Only new colours. Just like the hanamidai loader.

Yeah, sorry. That's what I meant. 👍

Think I will have to grab the next one whenever it comes out.
And I did something crazy just now. Bought another three F40. @a6m5 carina trailer scene is going to be fun to replicate :P

Three!? :crazy:👍!!

I keep trying to tell everyone that @a6m5 is a bad influence! :lol:

I regret not buying more. I want to do a @a6m5 with his carina and hauler setup. But the secondary market has already shot up in value...
Wow, I didn't see that coming. I am a F40 fanboy, so I did preorder one from amiami.
Nice. I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park. Looking forward to it. 👍
I keep trying to tell everyone that @a6m5 is a bad influence! :lol:
I spend so little on hot wheels & minicars now you'll be proud of me. Guns, ammo & accessories on the other hand.... 💡:(

I don’t think TLV ever do re-releases? Only new colours. Just like the hanamidai loader. My trusted shop owner told me there is a white version coming. Wait for that.

Holy mother of god THREE???

I just ordered another one and it took me an hour to decide whether I really want it or not lol

Also, what do you think about the TLV Dino? Is it as good as the F40?

Back