1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,417 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
Still haven’t seen any N or P case dump bins yet but I have been see N and P case cars scattered around different stores.
112B6252-2E9B-47E6-8EE7-FED1F6585680.jpeg

Did manage to find the Senna but still haven’t seen a Chiron yet. Most of our stores are still on M or L case cars.

Just noticed this thread; I've got a decent collection going. I don't order online, but I keep an eye out for certain kinds of cars if I pass a display in stores. An odd one I picked up not too long ago is an S15 in a Forza collection; package says it's a Lamborghini.

Still haven’t seen any N or P case dump bins yet but I have been see N and P case cars scattered around different stores.
View attachment 851682
Did manage to find the Senna but still haven’t seen a Chiron yet. Most of our stores are still on M or L case cars.

What does that mean, the different '[letter] case' cars?

Just noticed this thread; I've got a decent collection going. I don't order online, but I keep an eye out for certain kinds of cars if I pass a display in stores. An odd one I picked up not too long ago is an S15 in a Forza collection; package says it's a Lamborghini.

Yep.

Hot Wheels issues new cases a few times a year, each one has a few new unique models introduced, some new castings some just new paint and wheels. The cases go by alphabetical order and you can tell by the product codes which case it came from. Depends on the retailer when they unpack the cases to put on the pegs or dump bins. Lamleygroup.com does a nice reveal of what’s in each case.

I've managed to find the N Case stuff, but the Chiron's always missing. Doesn't help seeing someone in my local diecast group bragging about buying up all of them at his local store.... I just don't get scalping mainlines. :grumpy:

Sell me a BRZ.
Unfortunately I only picked up 2 (there was three on the pegs). One for a friend and one for myself. If I manage to find another I'll consider grabbing one for you. I'm surprised I was able to find some as anything that says Subaru is hoarded/scalped in New England. Could NEVER find the bugeye STI when that came out for that last Car Culture series.
69994629_10220712318137214_1237362928173187072_n.jpg

Edit: I have noticed too that the BRZ's spoiler tends to be a little bent.

To add onto that, Kevin, would you be willing to connect me with an FD, 180, and S15 if you see one? I'm liking the card art on these guys!

So... what's the best way to sell my collection to someone who will appreciate it more than I currently am?

This seems to be interesting. Too bad I barely buy ones without side mirrors these days. :lol:

images

Someday, I do hope that Mattel makes side mirrors standard on many HW models, similar to MB ones.

I’m still not finding it in stores I’ve checked all over my area. I’ve seen P case dump bin at some stores but nothing. I might have to buy one online if I don’t find one.

Come home to a Royal Mail customs note which means my Tomica EF Civics and Evo' VI are waiting for me at the local sorting office :sly:

Found these yesterday at a flea market:

Caddy 👍

------------------
The Entertainer comes up trumps again. The Gran Turismo set are £1.50 each, the Matchboxes were £1 each, and the short cards are all on their £1.66 / 3 for 2 offer. Also picked up the multipack and Fiesta in a B&M.

Then I had a look around another town I happened to be in a half hour away, and found nothing anywhere.

IMG_20190928_200813.jpg

Did anyone here buy the TLV Mitsubishi Pajero? I haven't got mine because it's been ordered with 2 other cars, but some of you guys should have yours by now if you didn't order anything else.

Latest Posts

Back