1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,422 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
^ I would double check that very closely with an online community.

This could either be a one-off where one is missing a metallic coat (or mistakenly received it), or enough have it that we can classify it as a variation. This is one of the fun things of mass produced toy car collecting. :D

Keep us posted.
I hate that the photo doesn't do it justice but seeing it from naked eye, I can clearly see the difference. It's like the metallic one is supposed to be for the super version but they slap the regular decal and tires on it.

Tomica Premium Sileighty is a must have:

pic_39_05.jpg

pic_39_02.jpg

pic_046_01.jpg

I really don't get why can't they just put these parts, straight from the factory. Side mirrors, spoilers, front chins are a chore to install in a small scale.
Mini GT can do it, they should too. Toyota Chaser without rear spoiler just looks weird to me.

In my area it would take me months to find all that unless I raided boxes at midnight multiple days a week.
Both fast and furious sets were at different Walmart’s so was the police set. Few stores had m case cars with a lot of Uruss but I didn’t see much in the bins. I found these around 5/6pm.

Very hard to see new licensed HW this year but MB’s seem common. The Aston Martin DBRS1 is a nice find with detailed tampos, note though it is a 1/56 scale, large when placed beside a 1/64. But coincidentally a scale partner to the HW D-Type Jag.

0A75DA06-0C60-4689-880E-873DD66FC2FA.jpeg

New stuff. I don't remember where the E46 come from. The DB5 looked like it came from a wrong set lol

Edit : the DB5 came from this LOL
FB_IMG_16008222153540184.jpg

Last edited:
I snapped up two Modern Classics 22Bs today. Since I missed the mainline release in blue, I was determined to get the premium version.

It has been a very, very long time since I've posted in here. With the advent of the COVID nightmare, I like a good number of others, stumbled onto 3DBotMaker and online Adult Die-cast Racing. Without getting too deep into everything, I made my own track and have a series too, blah blah.

Point of this post was that this sparked my collection habit once again, and yesterday one of my unicorns came in the mail: a true 1968 Hot Wheels Custom ElDorado, in Olive Spectraflame.

received_799768197454928.jpeg

And, oh yes, it runs well on my track.

Back