1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,426 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
My collection has been pretty stagnant for a while, but I picked these up a little while ago.

Front.JPG

Paragon Models Audi R8 LMS | 2019 Nürburgring 24h winner

front Rowe.jpg

front walkenhorst.jpg

Tarmac models BMW M6 GT3 2 set

Nothing special about any of these, they're nice enough, full of detail, but somewhat sloppy decal placement. The Audi goes well with the 2016 Nürburgring winning Mercedes and the 2018 Porsche that I have from Spark.

VXR
I struck lucky by arriving at a local toy store with 5 minutes to spare before they closed. They had clearly just put out fresh HW mainline on their display stand.

I managed to get the red Syclone, Speedtail, Jesko, 914 Safari, SVT Lightning and the Caprice SS. Since new releases are usually hard to come by for a few weeks in this part of the UK, I consider myself pretty lucky.

Yeah for some reason getting brand new HW's in the UK as a whole isn't all that easy, seems to take while before they are readily out there. I'd also like to get an SVT Lightning.

Fitting and conservative of contemporary car styling. Maybe they're styling it after an existing build?

%255BTC%255D%2BPorsche%2B934.5.jpg
%255BTC%255D%2BFord%2BRS200.JPG
%255BTC%255D%2BAudi%2BSport%2BQuattro.JPG

Got a bit of buyer's remorse on this.

Last edited:
Bunch of additions over the past month:

Some Kyoshos thanks to @AOS- :

A mix of Ignitions, Tomicas, and TLV Neo 1/64's:

And other random assortments of HW, Greenlights, Ignitions, Tomicas, and so on:

Yay me!

Which Shelby Cobra is that one you got there?
You know, I forgot, I put it in a box to get it out of the way a week or two ago lol
Been too busy to go through the box again and sort out what I plan on opening and leaving carded.

You know, I forgot, I put it in a box to get it out of the way a week or two ago lol
Been too busy to go through the box again and sort out what I plan on opening and leaving carded.

All good, I missed it the first time I scrolled through my page.

2006 Ultra Hots

Shelby+Cobra+427+(2004+ultra+hots+red).jpg

The casting I dedicated most time to completing, yet still isn't complete. Some of those metal/plastic base variations and whatever this 1985 Mexico release thing is beyond me. @Cano

Last edited:
Bunch of additions over the past month:

Some Kyoshos thanks to @AOS- :

A mix of Ignitions, Tomicas, and TLV Neo 1/64's:

And other random assortments of HW, Greenlights, Ignitions, Tomicas, and so on:

WHERE DID YOU GET THE TLV 355 FROM???? The place I go to (AmiAmi) never had it for some reason...

Tried the long lens the other day on my real car. Trying it on the little ones too:

Mazda%2BRX-7%2BFC3S%2B%25282020%2BNightburnerz%2B-%2BFE%2529.jpg

2020 Nightburnerz / FE - '89 Mazda Savanna RX-7 FC3S

Surf%2B%2527n%2BTurf%2B%25282020%2BTooned%2529.jpg

2020 Tooned - Surf 'n Turf

I should have taken pictures, but I walked into a Walmart last night to get a Micro SD card and checked the diecast isle for the hell of it. It was, by far, the most up to date and had the fullest pegs I have ever witnessed from any other Walmart store. Mainlines were slightly dated but had some new ones here and there (saw a Porsche 914 Safari) but they had all of the recent premium releases, new Matchbox, tons of those premium car culture boxes, new Autoworld, etc, etc. I had to pinch myself.

Bought the Mazda 787B and Porsche 962 with the Gran Turismo packaging.

Back