1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,419 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.8%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 90 14.5%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.2%

• Total voters
I picked up a few last night. Delorean, '67 GT500, Lotus Evora, Corvette ZR1. Will post pics tonight.
I saw Hot Wheels unleashed the DeLorean too! Our local supermart has about ten I want.. Ford GT LM, Twinmill, Red Baron (Special Halloween design. Must Get.) The aforementioned DeLorean, Triumph TR6.. ;)

Cheers,
Jetboy

Here they are:

'67 GT500
DSCN2168.jpg

Delorean
DSCN2169.jpg

Corvette ZR1
DSCN2171.jpg

Lotus Evora
DSCN2172.jpg

I have also decided to get back into detailing/customizing hotwheels and matchbox cars. So expect to see some of these looking a bit different in the future.

Odd, is that Metallic Green? We have traditional Blue with White here. I also have the ZR-1, although mine's Champaigne coloured. Can't wait to see what you do with them. 👍

Cheers
Jetboy

So I went browsing for cars to customize tonight and came across this Matchbox VW Karmann Ghia convertible. This will be a simple wheel swap, detail and roll bar install that should be finished by the end of the weekend.

DSCN2177_small.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that Lancer from Majorette looks nice 👍 I haven't seen majorette stuff in quite some time here in the US and it looks the like the quality is vastly improved.

Really good R1600Turbo
I see you cromed the sides. and made a roll cage
And of course you changed the wheels 👍
Any other modifications?

And btw majorette's quality is very good these days, although i do have some minor complaints.
First of all (and you don't find this on all majorettes) the headlight stickers are very ugly.
and second I was disappointed, when I found out, that it wasn't bouncy :(
Most majorettes have bouncy suspension, but not this one.
But I will have to live with the disappointment.

Really good R1600Turbo
I see you cromed the sides. and made a roll cage
And of course you changed the wheels 👍
Any other modifications?

Other than an interior detail, that's it for now. Didn't want to do anything too drastic to it. I am however currently working on a Datsun 510 as well that will see a whole new paint job.

WHOW!!! Sweet Karmann that is R1600Turbo ;)

I see you add that roll cage, chromed side and the new rims. Overall, looks sweet!! Nice work mate :D:tup:

Last edited:
Man I miss these, going to try and pick some up now, Neat little guy's arent they?

Sure are. As you can tell I'm more interested in real-life replicas. I used to collect every new car that came out, but not enough money for that now days.

Hmm lets see.
According to the hot wheels wikia there are 190 cars out for 2009.
The normal price for a hot wheels here is 1.60 €
so lets multiply
304€
Hmm i'd rather spend that money on something else :P

iv got a few, 200 odd now i think, i jus get the ones i like :D mostly rods and customs
i used to get them at toy fairs but i hardly get time to go to any now, so to save me missing out on mingling with the swots and smellies i splash out once a year and buy a box full (enough to make it worth shipping over here anyway) from this great site! usually just the standards ones i get though sometimes i get a special one
this ones me fav :D
34rodbysmev.jpg

34rodbysmevcars.jpg

and it had a littl'un too :D
34rodsbysmevcars.jpg

So I've seen posts on the net by other collectors that are starting to find some new cars on the shelves. The ones that interest me the most are the 2010 Cadillac CTS-V and the VW Scirocco 24 hour racer. Will definitely be keeping an eye out for them.

I have a couple more i just bought today.

I'll start with my majorette rally 3 pack
rallycars.jpg

rallymitsubishipajero1.jpg

Mitsubishi pajero
rallypeugeot2061.jpg

Peugeot 206 WRC
rallyxsara.jpg

Citroen xsara WRC

I also bought a majorette BMW 1 series
1er1.jpg

And i got some hot wheels too
AMC javelin AMX
javelin13.jpg

Corvette C6 (I won't take it out of the box)
corvettec6.jpg

Chevy nova (also not taking it out of the box)
chevynova.jpg

Well that's it for now
I apologise, for the small size of the majorette pictures. But I will upload them all to my photobucket page in a bigger res.

:drool: I can't even imagine what patience that must take, especially the belts, badging and the fine rims lines. Very well done custom. 👍

Cheers,
Jetboy

I picked these up tonight:

- 2009 Cadillac CTS-V
- Dodge Charger Drift Car
- Bugatti Veyron
- Lamborghini Murcielago

Will post pics tomorrow.

Last edited:
Back