1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,442 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.7%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.7%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.1%

• Total voters
Some crappy pics of some buys from the last couple weeks:

The only two Easter cars that I liked (well, there's a 69 camaro I think too, but they didn't have that one)
eHEPzS2.jpg

2cSyIpO.jpg

c1D7sNU.jpg

1A5OdOE.jpg

Did I see pics earlier in this thread where someone swapped bodies on this mini with the Hall of Fame one? Or am I paranoid? Either way, I have the HoF mini somewhere, so if I can find it I might see what it looks like in person.
Eaewve7.jpg

And finally, two sweet trucks. I think these must be highly sought after, as the store had one of each, and I have not seen either one anywhere else in town.

kDTrb8b.jpg

Ending with a teaser: On my lunch break, I found some great stuff. Will try to post pics of them tonight or tomorrow.

Is it that Pink one with #79 on the roof?
Yatming.

Oops, @Spacegoat beat me to it. :D

You guys are good. And, yes, yatming.

A note about Puzzle #2: (a6m5 got that right)
LaFerrari I did see just one of.

Why I stated that the LAFERRARI wasn't a 'real' Ferrari (you can't spell it all caps the way they do on the package - that's like saying coca-COLA, or PePsi) was because when Ferrari announced that this car was to be named the Ferrari LaFerrari the automotive world fell over laughing. It was actually the F70 (the actual project name was F150.) Now imagine a Lamborgini LaLamborgini or Porsche LaPorsche, or worse a Ford DaFord.
There is a touch of the hybrid to this car and it wasn't influenced by Pininfarina - which also sets it apart from the other Ferraris.

Found these over the past week or so and I can't tell you how happy I was to find the Porsche. View attachment 141124 View attachment 141126 View attachment 141129 View attachment 141131 View attachment 141134

I really like to see pics like this here - great work - together with Andy and Kakashi, and some others whose names I misremember now, you guys really brighten up this discussion with some great shots of the cars.
Remember, the Diorama Thread is a workshop thread (as well as a bit exhibitive, too) but when you practise there, and use all the techniques you learn there to display your cars here, (and wherever else you post your cars) it truly is eye-candy. 👍

Not to say that the packaged shots are not welcome. Packages tell us a lot, too.

Last edited:
Shame that the Impreza is in a multipack.

There's just too many times I've had to buy a multi-pack because of one car needed.

Someone mentioned that the Bone Shaker among the Heroes was from Larry's Garage; they were right.
I went looking for the card:

Bone Shaker winners are up in the air since so many said 'Bone Shaker' - I'll sort it out later. It doesn't matter who answers first - if you think you know the answer (even if it has been said before) confirm it, or spout your own.
As SVX says in the OP, collecting is like a puzzle - keeping track of what's what keeps our brains from going rusty.
(You never know when rusty brains can get you into trouble.)

Not sure what gotbeefboy was pointing to, but Jarrod and the Doctor got it right last time. Special kudos to the Doc for guessing it was yatming. If you can spell yatming, you're surely a collector. :lol:

Puzzle #5 - (Level - Novice) Racing with the Champions. Who is?

Even if the right answer comes up, I'll hold off on confirming it right till tomorrow, to give everyone a chance to chip in with their two cents' worth.

Last edited:
Kakashi's photos make my eyes water.

Not that that's a bad thing; a little eyewash now and then is good. ;)

Blue skies, eh? Another nice Bull.

@yabiggoose - what's the Boulevard? Can you do close-ups?

Puzzle #5 - (Level - Novice) Racing with the Champions. Who is?

Even if the right answer comes up, I'll hold off on confirming it right till tomorrow, to give everyone a chance to chip in with their two cents' worth.

Something tells me that number 11 car isn't a real NASCAR.

Something tells me that number 11 car isn't a real NASCAR.

Awesome Bill from Dawsonville? What? :lol:
I guess what you're saying is that it's the only one there not officially licensed . . .

I love it; I like trucks, even if they're fictional, as long as they are well-designed enough to look real. That would make a great match to the Bone Shaker we were focused on recently - pretty much the same livery. Thanks for the pics.

Guess the least I can do is show you one of my trucks:

Been catching up on a few pages here - and I found the discussion on cashiers totally hilarious. Oh! yeah . . . I would have a few stories like that, too.

But, you know what's worse than cashiers? The people standing behind you in line, as they stare from the whole pile of cars on the belt, to your face, and back at the cars again.

Last edited:

The suspense. :lol: How am I going to be able to sleep tonight?
Been catching up on a few pages here - and I found the discussion on cashiers totally hilarious.

Yeah especially this bit.
Cashier - Oh. Are you a collector?

a6m5 - Yes I am.

After all these years of denying it, he has finally come to terms with who he really is. A milestone moment in this thread for sure.

:P

After all these years of denying it, he has finally come to terms with who he really is. A milestone moment in this thread for sure.

..............................I changed my mind.

:lol:👍
But, you know what's worse than cashiers? The people standing behind you in line, as they stare from the whole pile of cars on the belt, to your face, and back at the cars again.
I actually had guy in front of me go "where did you find those?" at brand new releases I found at Target one time. I tell the man where I found them, as I'm driving off in the parking lot, I see the same guy walking back towards the store. :D

This one came in a 20 pack. :eek:

MG, Jason - only you would buy a huge pack like that to get one car; hopefully you get rid of the unwanteds. :lol:

Edit: Jeez, @photonrider, I'm gonna run out of "likes"! You gotta awesome streak going!

:embarrassed:

C'mon - I know you guys are just egging me on.
I'm finding too much to like in here, too! :boggled:

The suspense. :lol: How am I going to be able to sleep tonight?

The clue is in the title of the puzzle as usual. :sly:

This is huge!!
We need to screen cap that before he edits it out; he won't want his nephew seeing that.
Evidence. Send to Dr. Nessy immediately. Diecast addict located.

The truck I showed was from this set:

I have the whole set (packaged.):

And two loose for fiddling with dioramas.

The truck in the lower picture comes from this series;

That was a great page - so many great things to look at - and learn, too.
Good luck with the puzzle - there was a guy here once (frogmanl?) who used to collect NASCAR models.. . . .
If we don't ace Novice we're going to be stuck going in circles forever.

So clue two before I say goodnight:

Only one of those NASCAR cars is hot. ;)

Last edited:
@photonrider, is it the Kodak car? It sort of looks like it has Matchbox wheels and is the one car there that isn't a Racing Champs. My money's on that one... or the white one in the far back.

Stop messimg around and put your money on one choice. Not "Um ... it's this, or that. Or must be the other."
You may be on the right path, though - if one considers the clue: 'Racing with the Champions' (Obviously the target car is then not a 'Champion'.)
Good thinking. 👍

I don't know NASCAR very well. :lol:
I thought is wasn't real because it doesn't look like it has many sponsors, and it looks really fictional.

It's a very old casting (1986)- still an original licenced car from Racing Champions, but made at a time when they pasted little bits of paper on as livery. :lol:

@photonrider: The answer to the puzzle is, the 77 of Dave Blaney?

I'll keep your answer in mind - but you have to ask yourself - does it fit the two clues? I'll also add a third one.

Clue #1 - 'Racing with the Champions. Who is?'
Clue #2 - 'Only one of those NASCAR cars is hot.
Clue #3 - 'OMG! It's not a NASCAR car. What is it doing on track?'

Looks like Novice is a lot harder than Newbie. :D I'll let you guys have the answer in about an hour (I'll throw in the next puzzle then, too.)

@a6m5 - you thought you were confused . . . what about now?

Back