1/64 Model Collectors Thread

• Thread starter SVX
  • 55,442 comments

Do you take your cars out of the blisters?

• Yes.

Votes: 315 50.7%
  • Kinda, I open most of them.

Votes: 127 20.5%
  • Nope.

Votes: 91 14.7%
  • Yes and no. I buy a second for opening/customizing.

Votes: 125 20.1%

• Total voters
Are you referring to TheeFrogmanlego?

Yup, them, and there was another guy who came in here, maybe early last summer with a huge whack of NASCAR models - a pretty good collection, but he was all over the place; got very enthusiastic about the Forums and started spamming the heck out of every thread and made himself such a visible nuisance that he had to be removed. Never saw them again, either.
This thread is epic - if one has been in here for some time, and kept up with the discussion, then you know about the craziness that suddenly erupts in here.
I don't think a6m5 and me will forget a certain Max barging in here late one night, totally drunk from the typing of things. :D
Fortunately, a particular omniscient moderator ;) stepped in that time and dammed the flow there quick so that Shinji and I could continue uninterrupted insulting each other for having such fine models.

Looks like the Novice Level has everyone stymied.

The new racing Champions are very decent quality - in comparison to what we used to have.
I've seen Jason post some here, and I have a bunch, too.
In the puzzle all the cars are authentic Racing Champions' models except for one.
In fact it doesn't even have the right wheels.
It barely has Nascar-ish metaphors to it (no livery at all) except for some of the 'main' symbols - which happen to be very, very recognisable as 'NASCAR" (almost iconic.) (Obviously there are licensing issues here.)
It is the only HW in that pack.

Andy is on the right track. :D
He got it narrowed down to two suspects - and one of them was the right one. Very decent die-cast sleuthing, I would say.

Especially since I kept the wheels hidden in the puzzle-picture. :lol:

Not sure who the other members are that you are referring too, but I do remember Theefrogmanlego. He got banned back in late December but I don't know why though.

Got this Easter 69 camaro
image.jpg

Last edited:
Andy is on the right track. :D
He got it narrowed down to two suspects - and one of them was the right one. Very decent die-cast sleuthing, I would say.

Especially since I kept the wheels hidden in the puzzle-picture. :lol:

Well, I was way off. :lol: Why on earth did I think the #29 was it? :dunce:

Last edited:
Saw the Pheaton too but I didn't pick it up.

There's a Phaeton out there? Got to look for it. I have a collection of them going.

Well, I was way off. :lol: Why on earth did I think the #29 was it? :dunce:

Yes, the #6 was the hot car (Hotwheels) that wasn't a proper NASCAR stock car representation racing with the Champions.
It was all in the clues, see?

I don't want to put together another puzzle in a hurry - since you guys have granted me the dubious privilege (for the moment) of making them up, I don't want to come up with something lame. So let me justify your faith in me, and I'll see if I can come up with something equally provocative of cursing, and so on, soon.

I gave up early on the NASCAR one, but it was fun to see others struggling for the answer. Hehe....
I don't think a6m5 and me will forget a certain Max barging in here late one night, totally drunk from the typing of things. :D
Fortunately, a particular omniscient moderator ;) stepped in that time and dammed the flow there quick so that Shinji and I could continue uninterrupted insulting each other for having such fine models.
Which time was this? I don't remember this one off the top of my head.

@a6m5 when you orderfrom amiami which shipping method do you use?
SAL - Registered, but for the first time, I used the "unregistered" on my last order(should be here next week). Registered, I think cost around $7 ~ $8, but you'll be able to track it & I think it's insured.

I didn't see anything I like in that line up. Toyota one, I actually picked it up in my hands & I just shook my head. :lol:
IDX's ordered.
NISMO, right? Not Freeflow? Also, if you were preordering, once the car becomes available, they will send you a checkout instruction(you can use PayPal), and you may select different shipping method if you change your mind.

NISMO, right? Not Freeflow? Also, if you were preordering, once the car becomes available, they will send you a checkout instruction(you can use PayPal), and you may select different shipping method if you change your mind.
Both. :)

They will go great on my desk at the new job. And people will be jealous.

@photonrider. See I settled with the first ca of choice, but I did suspect that valvoline car as a candidate. Reason why I wasn't fully confident was because the wheels were out of view. If I had asked for pics of that back then, would you have done so?

I want that 240Z from the series. It comes paired with that Todoroki or whatever(looks like GTOne), which I already have. :crazy:
Both. :)

They will go great on my desk at the new job. And people will be jealous.
NICE. 👍

P.S. Did you ever pick up another RLC 510? They are worth $120 now.

Which time was this? I don't remember this one off the top of my head.

Maybe a year back, around two in the morning for me - he jumped in and started making random obscene jokes relating to his wife, you told him he was drunk and should go home, I told him that he was going to get the book thrown at him, suddenly there was Fairy Dust everywhere, posts going *poof!, and we were back to where we were before he entered.
We discussed it later in a PM - but I guess you've forgotten about that, too. I'm cursed with a memory. :D
Nothing important.
Moving on . . . ;)

@photonrider. See I settled with the first car of choice, but I did suspect that Valvoline car as a candidate. Reason why I wasn't fully confident was because the wheels were out of view. If I had asked for pics of that back then, would you have done so?

Yes. It would have been only fair.

Why am I getting the impression that your brain is now half die-cast lead? At this rate you are going to end up as crazy as a Cano. Admittedly, only a hard-core enthusiast would think about the wheels. It's all about the wheels - the secret to identifying them.

From R - L : Hotwheels, Matchbox, Racing Champions.

Last edited:
NICE. 👍

P.S. Did you ever pick up another RLC 510? They are worth $120 now.
Nope, will probably have to pay that eventually. That damn 510 is a wanted item now, a chrome OH5 multipack variation of the red one sold for $31 yesterday. :crazy:

Last edited:
@photonrider I think I sort of remember that now. Sounds pretty funny. :lol:
Nope, will probably have to pay that eventually. That damn 510 is a wanted item now
$120, maybe. I don't think I could pay anymore than that though. Even $120's kind of crazy, but if I paid $85 for the RLC Silverado, I think I'd pay $120 for the 510. I got mine for $50 tee hee hee

a chrome OH5 multipack variation of the red one sold for $31 yesterday. :crazy:
Good. I'm not sure what you said, but I'm glad.
Not knowing how much shipping would be, I opted for the unregistered small package on my pre-orders.

That's good to know. 👍
I usually check out this page. You can scroll down to shipping rates. For the peeps in the States, it's pretty easy, as 100 yen's around one dollar. Yens like cents here.

@photonrider I think I sort of remember that now. Sounds pretty funny. :lol:
Yeah. It was hilarious, but also totally out of line . . . so . . . :lol:

Here is a shot I took about 5 mins ago:

50 packages that have to be opened and fit into this large cardboard tray.

So I took off all the packages - got to start somewhere.
This is what I'm looking at.

I don't think there is enough parking space for 50 more cars.

:boggled:

Last edited:
Back